Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Protests for next season

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 am

Really, can you break that down for me please.

You are clearly adding Lanston's full £24 million amount when we know they will accept £10 million. Not sure where you got the other £16 million from.

And no, we sold thise players and blew it on even more players we couldnt afford, hence wy we are in this mess.

look forward to your breakdown of the £40 mill. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 am

RoathMagic wrote:Really, can you break that down for me please.

You are clearly adding Lanston's full £24 million amount when we know they will accept £10 million. Not sure where you got the other £16 million from.

And no, we sold thise players and blew it on even more players we couldnt afford, hence wy we are in this mess.

the langston loan note amount was 24mil, you are looking at a settlement offer, but the arguement is not the settlement now, but prior to the malyasians joining what the current debt was.. we also owed pmg 9mil, of which 4 mil is still outstanding until may 2013. we owed hmrc 2.8mil, steve borley and michael issacs were also owed sums of money making the total almost 40mil...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 am

southend wrote:So, what are you lot going to be doing about being taken up the arse by your Asian investors?

Hope season tickets haven't been renewed, and that theres a widespread boycott of matches

Although you're a bunch of taffs, I wouldn't want to see you taking this lying down; the club and everything it once stood for is worth a lot more than that! Remember going past Ninian Park with a real sense of trepidtion, now, it seems you've turned into just another plastic, souless club in a shiny new stadium a la Middlesborough, Reading, Arsenal, etc.

Hope the real fans, who have stuck by the club through thick and thin, show the Nick Hornby platers that football isn't only about getting into the top flight and and showing a complete lack of integrity in the process.

You will be pleased to know not all fans have been rolled over check out http://keepcardiffblue.proboards.com/index.cgi and Forest Green Away Im confident we will see banners etc etc :ayatollah: Indeed many posters on this forum are also against the rebranding and will continue to watch the team and support them but not wear Red to matches.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
southend wrote:So, what are you lot going to be doing about being taken up the arse by your Asian investors?

Hope season tickets haven't been renewed, and that theres a widespread boycott of matches

Although you're a bunch of taffs, I wouldn't want to see you taking this lying down; the club and everything it once stood for is worth a lot more than that! Remember going past Ninian Park with a real sense of trepidtion, now, it seems you've turned into just another plastic, souless club in a shiny new stadium a la Middlesborough, Reading, Arsenal, etc.

Hope the real fans, who have stuck by the club through thick and thin, show the Nick Hornby platers that football isn't only about getting into the top flight and and showing a complete lack of integrity in the process.

You will be pleased to know not all fans have been rolled over check out http://keepcardiffblue.proboards.com/index.cgi and Forest Green Away Im confident we will see banners etc etc :ayatollah: Indeed many posters on this forum are also against the rebranding and will continue to watch the team and support them but not wear Red to matches.

I dont mind anybody protesting,( and i am sure nobody needs my blessing) but we have had many different coloured shirts over the years, including red (redrow homes, i still wear it ) so its no biggie for me, even with the shite badge ;)

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

the langston loan note amount was 24mil, you are looking at a settlement offer, but the arguement is not the settlement now, but prior to the malyasians joining what the current debt was.. we also owed pmg 9mil, of which 4 mil is still outstanding until may 2013. we owed hmrc 2.8mil, steve borley and michael issacs were also owed sums of money making the total almost 40mil...

i take it from your silence, you are trawling through the internet to check what i have told you..... :roll:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:18 am

No it wasnt, the only Langston loan note the club recognised was £15 million and Sam would always accept a lesser amount. £10 million.

PMG could be paid in manageable installents. meanng imedisate debt was £12,8 million.

£7 million season ticket money, £5.8 player sales. Goodbye debt.

The contrary is used as an excuse to continue to back reckless spending.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:29 am

RoathMagic wrote:

No it wasnt, the only Langston loan note the club recognised was £15 million and Sam would always accept a lesser amount. £10 million.

PMG could be paid in manageable installents. meanng imedisate debt was £12,8 million.

£7 million season ticket money, £5.8 player sales. Goodbye debt.

The contrary is used as an excuse to continue to back reckless spending.

http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.co.uk ... s-ltd.html

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 am

as you can roath magic see the debt was more than 10 mil prior to reaching the championship...

and to say its was only 10 mil prior to the malaysians joining is complete bollocks....

lets not forget how much the malaysians are funding monthly to also keep the club going...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:as you can roath magic see the debt was more than 10 mil prior to reaching the championship...

and to say its was only 10 mil prior to the malaysians joining is complete bollocks....

lets not forget how much the malaysians are funding monthly to also keep the club going...

As we have established, immediate debt was around £13 million which was easily servicable.

Dont hail the Malaysians as some sort of saviours, saving us from a Rangers like fate as its clearly simply not true.

They have increased debt levels from £15- £20 million (£13 immediate) to around £90 million and accumulating.. not to mention their 7% and changing our nickname and colours for the privilage.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:as you can roath magic see the debt was more than 10 mil prior to reaching the championship...

As we have established, immediate debt was around £13 million which was easily servicable.

Dont hail the Malaysians as some sort of saviours, saving us from a Rangers like fate as its clearly simply not true.

They have increased debt levels from £15- £20 million (£13 immediate) to around £90 million and accumulating.. not to mention their 7% and changing our nickname and colours for the privilage.

:roll: Really didn't want to get into this at all, but were we not losing approx £1m per month since last year at least ? :roll:
But whatever the figures run to, or from we are in a better position with their backing IMO :-)

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:50 am

RoathMagic wrote:

im not making them out to be savours, but we must be grateful for what they have done for the club....

also can you tell me where our debt was only 13 mil prior to the malyasians joining??

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am

RoathMagic wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

The bizarre thing is most have asked for it and want it.

They would rather rip the heart out of the club and make our financial future even more bleak jut for an extra few % chance to get promoted and see Wayne Rooney. Even though that chance is still slim.

Our club have been taken over by a bunch of glory supporters since Sams reign and we are only left with a handful of true fans that would rathr have Cardiff City Bluebirds playing in blue in League 2 rather than the Red Dragon Malaysian Redbirds playing against United for a season before we go bust.

I dont think any club in Britian would have reacted like we have. its awfully embarassing and something that will now be stuck with us forever, I dont see how anyone can take us seriously anymore.

but thats my opinion.

your an idiot...........

if we didnt go with the investment, we could have ended up fucked... if we had gone through a similar fait to rangers , you wouldnt be watching cardiff city fc in the lower leagues anyway, you would be watching a newly formed club like newco... so would you want to watch a completly new club in the non league who you have nothistory with or the one you have supposed to have supported who are still called cardiff city fc....

What uneducated nonsese.

Before the Malaysians came in our debt was effectively £10 million to Langston and the rest managebale. 3 player sales would have paid that off. Now the Malaysians have come in our debt is near £100 million.

You've just proved to me your talking crap by this statement and I don't know what planet you live on

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 am

ayahtolla wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

:roll: Really didn't want to get into this at all, but were we not losing approx £1m per month since last year at least ? :roll:
But whatever the figures run to, or from we are in a better position with their backing IMO :-)

The reason we lose so much money a month is because we keep signing people like Miller, Kimbo and Bellamy and paying them 20k-30k a week. Has this stopped since the Malaysians have come in? no

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:56 am

RoathMagic wrote:

im not making them out to be savours, but we must be grateful for what they have done for the club....

also can you tell me where our debt was only 13 mil prior to the malyasians joining??

The club only recognised £15 million debt to Langston, the club also knew he would probably accept far less and figure of £10 million. £2.8 to HMRC = £12.8 million debt.

The rest could be handled in manageable repayments or even one seasons ST money.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:58 am

im calling and end to my participation in this debate... you have gone back and fore to try and prove yourself correct, when your statement was "we were only 10 mil in debt prior to the malaysians coming on board and could have solved this with a couple of player sales"....

i would be extremly disappointed if my 4000 post was in a reply to one of your ridiculous statements which then take pages of responses deviating away from the first subject that actually was posted about...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:im calling and end to my participation in this debate... you have gone back and fore to try and prove yourself correct, when your statement was "we were only 10 mil in debt prior to the malaysians coming on board and could have solved this with a couple of player sales"....

i would be extremly disappointed if my 4000 post was in a reply to one of your ridiculous statements which then take pages of responses deviating away from the first subject that actually was posted about...

Opt out of anything you wish, the fact remains we had the means to rid ourselves of our immediate debt of around £10 million (£12.8m) with the rest easily managed prior to the Malaysians coming on board.

Since then our debt levels have rocketed to levels never seen before and rarely seen by a club of our size. Along the way we have also been stripped of the bluebirds and our blue shirts.

Enjoy your 400th post discussing the X-factor and leave the grown ups talk finances. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:im calling and end to my participation in this debate... you have gone back and fore to try and prove yourself correct, when your statement was "we were only 10 mil in debt prior to the malaysians coming on board and could have solved this with a couple of player sales"....

Opt out of anything you wish, the fact remains we had the means to rid ourselves of our immediate debt of around £10 million (£12.8m) with the rest easily managed prior to the Malaysians coming on board.

Since then our debt levels have rocketed to levels never seen before and rarely seen by a club of our size. Along the way we have also been stripped of the bluebirds and our blue shirts.

Enjoy your 400th post discussing the X-factor and leave the grown ups talk finances. :ayatollah:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you dont know what your talking about, your changing your argument to suit, that is why i am opting out... i have even posted a summary of the accounts for you to read and you still cannot digest the net amount of debt we had PRIOR to the malaysians coming on board... you keep giving different amounts of figures in every debatable post... i think you should leave the finances alone as selling pegs in your small business from your caravan step is clearly the top level you can reach....

cheerio...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:26 am

Again you are completely ignoring the point in hand. My figures were estimates as I didnt have the figures to hand. You provided them to me and they fell pretty much in line with what I was saying. £12.8 million immediate debt with the rest managable debt (meaning no impending doom).

As I have shown this was easily slved ad certainly didnt need the Malaysians to become our personal loan sharks. Whether you like to tell yourself that to ease your conscience is your concern, whats my concern however is the facts and the fact is we were fine without them and are a hell of a lot worse with.

go get some sleep you sound tired.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:01 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Again you are completely ignoring the point in hand. My figures were estimates as I didnt have the figures to hand. You provided them to me and they fell pretty much in line with what I was saying. £12.8 million immediate debt with the rest managable debt (meaning no impending doom).

As I have shown this was easily slved ad certainly didnt need the Malaysians to become our personal loan sharks. Whether you like to tell yourself that to ease your conscience is your concern, whats my concern however is the facts and the fact is we were fine without them and are a hell of a lot worse with.

If we had 'manageable' debt then can you explain how we were on the brink of a winding up order for failing to pay a £2m tax bill? Also we had other pending winding up petitions from Food Shine and other contractors from the stadium build, all this after we had already spent the next season ticket revenues and taken out a loan against future TV revenues which was also spent.

I often see other posters claiming you are really a Jack. I have never gone along with that but if someone claimed you were really Peter Ridsdale then your delusional concepts on making the books balance would make me think hard that they were right.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:04 pm

I don't blame you Blackwood_Bluebird. Roath Magic is one of those posters who just make things up as they go along under the delusional pretence they are proving a point.

His replies to you have been absolute nonsense and you have more than proved him to be a complete idiot.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Again you are completely ignoring the point in hand. My figures were estimates as I didnt have the figures to hand. You provided them to me and they fell pretty much in line with what I was saying. £12.8 million immediate debt with the rest managable debt (meaning no impending doom).

If we had 'manageable' debt then can you explain how we were on the brink of a winding up order for failing to pay a £2m tax bill? Also we had other pending winding up petitions from Food Shine and other contractors from the stadium build, all this after we had already spent the next season ticket revenues and taken out a loan against future TV revenues which was also spent.

I often see other posters claiming you are really a Jack. I have never gone along with that but if someone claimed you were really Peter Ridsdale then your delusional concepts on making the books balance would make me think hard that they were right.

Of course. We wouldnt sacrifice our position in the league or the dream of promotion by

a) selling key assets needed to continue the promotion gamble, and..
b) cutting expenditure by signing players under sensible contracts.

Do you not think any of our players back then were worth more than £2 million then? :?

As for your thoughts on me, im not really bothered. But the fact remains we sis not need the Malaysian money and as a result are now in a position twice maybe 3 times as dire.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm going to be wearing a red shirt with pride!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:27 pm

:ayatollah:
Natman Blue wrote:

:ayatollah: And i will

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 pm

People calling him a Jack :lol: :lol:

Stop being so precious and get used to it, this is how fans feel all over the world about our apathetic support :oops:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

blooobirds wrote:People calling him a Jack :lol: :lol:

Stop being so precious and get used to it, this is how fans feel all over the world about our apathetic support :oops:

I am still in Majorca and have met many many different fans from many clubs and your right, they are shocked/stunned by what has happened to our club, they all feel for us, but at the same time keep saying your fans will surely not lie down and let this happen. I feel embarrassed, when I say they are.
Quite a few of us have met and talked about protests etc as long as they never disrupt the matches, we must at least continue to wear Blue at every game.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm

"Oh I can't believe our fans are so (insert generic insult), why aren't our fans doing anything to fight this?! PATHETIC PLASTICS, EMBARRASSING!"

"What have you done?"

"...Umm"

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:28 pm

If this happened to any other club in the UK, the outcome would be exactly the same, a few fans would boycott and everyone else would stay and support the club regardless (which is what's happening here). We've lost our identity and it does hurt, but as long as we're still called Cardiff City FC it's not going to stop me from supporting my local team and most fans in the UK would agree with me.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Roath Magic - where did u even get the point that if we was going to start again it would be in league two? that is a load of rubbish, if we went bust we would not start in league two, we would be elimtened into the welsh prem and never be voted to the english leagues again FACT.

As much as i would love to stay blue, its not going happen even with protests FACT next season im going to support the boys on the pitch and Malky and that is all ill be doing. Cus at the end of the day that players havent asked for any of this so they all deserve the support of us still, like i said i dont want to be a red but i rather be that then in the welsh league where its a rubbish standard of football

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

Well, then the joke is well-and-truly on you then.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:17 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

If this happened to any other club in the UK, the outcome would be exactly the same, a few fans would boycott and everyone else would stay and support the club regardless (which is what's happening here). We've lost our identity and it does hurt, but as long as we're still called Cardiff City FC it's not going to stop me from supporting my local team and most fans in the UK would agree with me.

From what I understand, your owner went back on his word and ended up changing the identity of the club without it properly being discussed with the fans. Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, he rode roughshod over you. Its a disgrace that something like this should be allowed to happen, but the fact that you let it happen makes it even worse.