Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Dream on VT !

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:RM,

That's right, although, I believe, little Tottenham Hotspur lost out on Champions League qualification by a technicality for the forthcoming season, bless them.

They didnt qualify for the Champions League because they werent good enough. simple.

and Leeds play in the second tier ffs.

Tiny clubs, both of them - total underachievers. As for not being good enough, little Tottenham Hotspur were told that, if they got into the top four of the Prem, they would qualify for the Champions League. They did that, but UEFA reneged on the deal, because Chelsea won the Champions League. Seems unfair to little Tottenham Hotspur, in my opinion.

That was never the case. England have 4 places to give to their clubs and they hand them out as they wish. It is compulsary that the winners have a right to defend it the following year meaning Chelsea gained qualification and English FA decided to give the other 3 places to the top 3.

You know the ones that play in Blue, red and red.

The fact that the only team you can pick out in the top flight of English football that wears white is Spurs tells its own story.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 am

RoathMagic wrote:Wake up guys...

the biggest club in China and most financially backed is Shanghai Shenhua that have chinese businessmen behind them trying to drive them forward as a brand buying the likes of Drogba and Anelka...

their kit....

pfft... you aint have a clue....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ption.html

Read this website.... please dont mention Chinese football.
Last edited by caerdydd_78 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

That's right, although, I believe, little Tottenham Hotspur lost out on Champions League qualification by a technicality for the forthcoming season, bless them.

They didnt qualify for the Champions League because they werent good enough. simple.

Tiny clubs, both of them - total underachievers. As for not being good enough, little Tottenham Hotspur were told that, if they got into the top four of the Prem, they would qualify for the Champions League. They did that, but UEFA reneged on the deal, because Chelsea won the Champions League. Seems unfair to little Tottenham Hotspur, in my opinion.

That was never the case. England have 4 places to give to their clubs and they hand them out as they wish. It is compulsary that the winners have a right to defend it the following year meaning Chelsea gained qualification and English FA decided to give the other 3 places to the top 3.

The fact that the only team you can pick out in the top flight of English football that wears white is Spurs tells its own story.

The fact that you forgot them and are now trying to cover your tracks, tells its own story.

Poor little Tottenham Hotspur, some people aren't aware of their footballing successes. Mind you, it's a throwaway society now, famous one minute, forgotten the next. How long before we start calling those Mancs "Little Manchester United" for not winning the Champions League in the past 5 years or whatever the case may be?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 am

RoathMagic wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Malaysia home kit...

thats the away kid dumbass!!

Doesnt really matter, neither kit has barely a scrap of red on it which is the point. not which one is home and away.

get with the programe.

f**k off!! concentrate on the jacks you thick b*stard.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:56 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

The fact that you forgot them and are now trying to cover your tracks, tells its own story.

Poor little Tottenham Hotspur, some people aren't aware of their footballing successes. Mind you, it's a throwaway society now, famous one minute, forgotten the next. How long before we start calling those Mancs "Little Manchester United" for not winning the Champions League in the past 5 years or whatever the case may be?

forgot them? are you serious or what. Since when have Spurs being an English superpower?

Spurs have NEVER won the Premier League, last won a European trophy nearly 30 years ago and rarely compete in the Champions League rendering the notion that them adopting the national colours helps in anyway... useless. none of the English big hitters in terms of global exposure, shirt sales and on field success wear white. Thats a fact.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

forgot them? are you serious or what. Since when have Spurs being an English superpower?

Spurs have NEVER won the Premier League, last won a European trophy nearly 30 years ago and rarely compete in the Champions League rendering the notion that them adopting the national colours helps in anyway... useless. none of the English big hitters in terms of global exposure, shirt sales and on field success wear white. Thats a fact.

Tiny club.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 am

Martyn1963 wrote:So maybe if the Malaysian national team started to play in red then , like Wales , they too would suddenly start climbing the FIFA world rankings and surely go on to win the World Cup in 2014 ?? ;)

Of course, perhaps someone should tell them.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 am

compared to the non white wearing English big hitters - they certainly are.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:02 am

RoathMagic wrote:compared to the non white wearing English big hitters - they certainly are.

That's right. They finished 4th in the Premier League last season, so they are a bunch of nobodies. I'm amazed anyone bothers wearing their shirts - especially the Welsh plastics. Don't they know a successful team when they see one? They need to get a Chelsea or Man City shirt - and quickly, before they're ridiculed.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:06 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:compared to the non white wearing English big hitters - they certainly are.

That's right. They finished 4th in the Premier League last season, so they are a bunch of nobodies. I'm amazed anyone bothers wearing their shirts - especially the Welsh plastics. Don't they know a successful team when they see one? They need to get a Chelsea or Man City shirt - and quickly, before they're ridiculed.

Not sure what you are getting at here.

Do you have a total of their shirtsales? revenues from overseas? revenues from the UK?

Yes they are a big club, as are Newcastle as are Arsenal, as are Man United, as are Man City, as are Liverpool etc etc

As far as facts go there is only 1 white wearing club that can be labelled bigish out of 90 English clubs, and they havent won a european tropgy for 30 years, barely compete in the Champions League and have never won the Premier League and out of all the big clubs in the English league they are probably the smallest of the lot.... but they wear white, the national colour - they should be the biggest shouldnt they?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Not sure what you are getting at here.

Do you have a total of their shirtsales? revenues from overseas? revenues from the UK?

Yes they are a big club, as are Newcastle as are Arsenal, as are Man United, as are Man City, as are Liverpool etc etc

As far as facts go there is only 1 white wearing club that can be labelled bigish out of 90 English clubs, and they havent won a european tropgy for 30 years, barely compete in the Champions League and have never won the Premier League and out of all the big clubs in the English league they are probably the smallest of the lot.... but they wear white, the national colour - they should be the biggest shouldnt they?

Sorry to confuse you, Oh Great One. I didn't think it was possible to confuse The Oracle.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:12 am

The only thing im confused about is ow anyone can think spurs are Englands biggest club

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 am

RoathMagic wrote:The only thing im confused about is ow anyone can think spurs are Englands biggest club

Nobody said that. Fact.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:20 am

Ah excellent, glad you agree then. They arent even close to becoming Englands biggest club, nowhere near. Be that financial, supported or successful.

Nothing their National replica white kit can do about it either.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 am

RoathMagic wrote:Ah excellent, glad you agree then. They arent even close to becoming Englands biggest club, nowhere near. Be that financial, supported or successful.

Nothing their National replica white kit can do about it either.

You have the memory of a goldfish. Go back to your 1st post about English clubs - not that it was relevant to the original thread, but when did you let that stop you?!!

:lol:

I have to say, as worried as I am about your sanity - and about the time you spend on here - you are strangely entertaining, albeit that your are also prone to being a crashing bore on occasions too.

So, about that plane that the OP mentioned........

:lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks fo the compliment and im glad you finally agree, although it did take a while, that no football club wearing Englands national colour is anywhere near being the biggest in England.

The plane, it was designed by Tony Fernandez, QPR's Malaysian owner who did it as a PR stunt although even their exposure to Malaysia, red kit, high profile Asian player, PR tours and Malaysian connections wont make them hardly any money or barey increase their popularity in that part of the world.

Go Team Tan! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 am

RoathMagic wrote:Thanks fo the compliment and im glad you finally agree, although it did take a while, that no football club wearing Englands national colour is anywhere near being the biggest in England.

The plane, it was designed by Tony Fernandez, QPR's Malaysian owner who did it as a PR stunt although even their exposure to Malaysia, red kit, high profile Asian player, PR tours and Malaysian connections wont make them hardly any money or barey increase their popularity in that part of the world.

Look up the words "sarcasm" and "deluded" in a dictionary.

Funny how things change along the way with you, rather than stick to what you originally said.

Very sad, also, that you insist upon always having to say that people agree with you or tell you that you were right. I'm sure some psychologist or psychiatrist or whatever could tell us why you are like this so much, if we asked them to help you with your problems.

What team will you support in the forthcoming season?

No, hang on, you'll be on here talking about CCFC's debt. Shame.

Goodbye, enjoy your life.

:salute:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:46 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Thanks fo the compliment and im glad you finally agree, although it did take a while, that no football club wearing Englands national colour is anywhere near being the biggest in England.

Look up the words "sarcasm" and "deluded" in a dictionary.

Funny how things change along the way with you, rather than stick to what you originally said.

Very sad, also, that you insist upon always having to say that people agree with you or tell you that you were right. I'm sure some psychologist or psychiatrist or whatever could tell us why you are like this so much, if we asked them to help you with your problems.

What team will you support in the forthcoming season?

No, hang on, you'll be on here talking about CCFC's debt. Shame.

Goodbye, enjoy your life.

:salute:

Ive changed nothing. My point was clearly that none of the big hitters in England adopt the national colours, whether you want to include a team that has little international following, hasnt won a mojor european trophy in 30 years and never won the Premier League is up to you. But it does little to dilute the point im making.

The rest of what you post is jibberish to try and provoke a reaction which as you know by now I dont rise to just find funny.

Go Team Tan :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:Instead of rebranding, surely the best way to promote the club in Malaysia is to do what QPR have done -go and play matches there. We were supposed to be doing that under DJ and it got cancelled and has never been mentioned since.

Correct, but Tan has some kind of vision. :lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:11 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Malaysia away kit....

That is the first colours of the Malaysian National football team designed in the colours of the Malaysian tiger, but let's not let the truth get in the way of nonsense. :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_n ... tball_team

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:16 pm

castleblue wrote:

That is the first colours of the Malaysian National football team designed in the colours of the Malaysian tiger, but let's not let the truth get in the way of nonsense. :?

Meaning what exactly? what truth?

I was making the point there is no red there. Couldnt give a damn if it is a replica of a tiger, giraffe, monkey or barbary ape.

If it was that important to the people of Malaysia then surely there would be Red featured on their kits home or away?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:20 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Meaning what exactly? what truth?

I was making the point there is no red there. Couldnt give a damn if it is a replica of a tiger, giraffe, monkey or barbary ape.

If it was that important to the people of Malaysia then surely there would be Red featured on their kits home or away?

You posted that kit as the Malysian away colours after posting the blue kit as the home strip. The TRUTH is that the home strip is gold and black not blue.

That's the nonsense and you posted it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Yes we have established I put the titles ''home kit'' and ''away kit'' on the wrong pictures....

this affects the point how exactly? or are you just being silly?

Thanks in advance. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Yes we have established I put the titles ''home kit'' and ''away kit'' on the wrong pictures....

So you were wrong.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:37 pm

castleblue wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Yes we have established I put the titles ''home kit'' and ''away kit'' on the wrong pictures....

So you were wrong.

Err.. no, the point of my post wasnt to show which one was home and which one was away was it. It was to show there is hardly any red on either the home or away kit... which is spot on.

oh and you posted..

''You posted that kit as the Malysian away colours after posting the blue kit as the home strip. The TRUTH is that the home strip is gold and black not blue''

You dont spell Malaysian like that, so you are wrong. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
unlucky though. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:49 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
castleblue wrote:

So you were wrong.

Err.. no, the point of my post wasnt to show which one was home and which one was away was it. It was to show there is hardly any red on either the home or away kit... which is spot on.

oh and you posted..

''You posted that kit as the Malysian away colours after posting the blue kit as the home strip. The TRUTH is that the home strip is gold and black not blue''

You dont spell Malaysian like that, so you are wrong. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
unlucky though. :ayatollah:

Don't care what your motivation was the fact is that you were wrong, non factual and nonsense.

I'm glad we have managed to clear it up.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Non factual? A large proportion of the kits are red then? what are you smoking? :lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Non factual? A large proportion of the kits are red then? what are you smoking? :lol:

Don't smoke and not on medication but did try therapy once.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 pm

It didnt work. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:17 pm

RoathMagic wrote:It didnt work. :ayatollah:

It did actually the therapist helped me understand I didn't have a problem and he suggested in future I should take your posts with a pinch of salt.

Great advice. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: