Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dream on VT !

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 am

Looks like the BLUE of QPR is very very effective in Malaysia ..... as big a club as they are :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dream on VT !

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:20 am

Did you notice the color of Air Asia, on the fusilage and engines in case you didn't it's Red

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:22 am

QPR have a Malayian owner Tony Fernandez, he also owns Air Asia and had a custom QPR plane for the team to fly in as they are also playing some pre season friendlies there.

As honourable as it i, even that is still unlikely to bring in much more money to them from Asia and they are a Premiership club.

Thats why any pea brained dreams of being one of the biggest clubs in Asia if ever promoted are laughable. I couldnt give a damn how rich the man is that is trying to convince me.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:23 am

Igovernor wrote:Did you notice the color of Air Asia, on the fusilage and engines in case you didn't it's Red

meaning?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:26 am

Instead of rebranding, surely the best way to promote the club in Malaysia is to do what QPR have done -go and play matches there. We were supposed to be doing that under DJ and it got cancelled and has never been mentioned since.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:29 am

Malaysia home kit...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 am

Malaysia away kit....

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:32 am

So maybe if the Malaysian national team started to play in red then , like Wales , they too would suddenly start climbing the FIFA world rankings and surely go on to win the World Cup in 2014 ?? ;)

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:37 am

RoathMagic wrote:Malaysia home kit...

the malaysian national team playing in blue has nothing to do with the reason for our change to red....

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 am

Martyn1963 wrote:So maybe if the Malaysian national team started to play in red then , like Wales , they too would suddenly start climbing the FIFA world rankings and surely go on to win the World Cup in 2014 ?? ;)

not forgetting selling a trillion shirt in the process :D

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

the malaysian national team playing in blue has nothing to do with the reason for our change to red....

Well in my opinion it was to make the club easier to sell on to the Chinese market after Tan has got his money back after converting debt to equity and asset stripping - but thats a whole other topic..

But the line he was feeding us is to make us more comercial in Malaysia correct? Given Malaysia barely have a scrp of red on their kit be that home or away when they could quite easily do so given the fact their flag has a large proportion of red on it.... dont you think they would have seized the clear commercial oportunity?

Or do you think its far more likely that fans will like a club because of how good they are and what players thay have rather than the colour of their uniform... :?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:52 am

RoathMagic wrote:

Well in my opinion it was to make the club easier to sell on to the Chinese market after Tan has got his money back after converting debt to equity and asset stripping - but thats a whole other topic..

But the line he was feeding us is to make us more comercial in Malaysia correct? Given Malaysia barely have a scrp of red on their kit be that home or away when they could quite easily do so given the fact their flag has a large proportion of red on it.... dont you think they would have seized the clear commercial oportunity?

Or do you think its far more likely that fans will like a club because of how good they are and what players thay have rather than the colour of their uniform... :?

im not happy at the change to red, but i believe the change to red was not only for marketing reasons in CHINA and the far east but because wales is associated with red and the dragon etc.. and it was to be brought into lines of being the capital city making us easier to market in the far east in lines with the national team and our nation...

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 am

Asian football fans like to watch and support Chelsea and Man City aswell as Man U , Arsenal and Liverpool NOT just for the shirt colours ! Cardiff City owners once again make us wonder why we support them :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:54 am

We are playing at home in red, at least this season, move on :roll:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:56 am

thats the away kid dumbass!!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:02 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:

you are correct....

From the 1970s to 2007, the national team kit was manufactured by Adidas who also sponsored the national team kit. Since 2007, the official Malaysia team kit has been manufactured by Nike, an association which will last until 2011. The home kit's design of black and yellow stripes is a throwback to the kit used by Malaysian national team of the 1920s. The great national team of the 1970s also sported similar stripes, which are supposed to be reminiscent of the stripes of a tiger, the symbol of Malaysia's national football team.

The new home kit also sports black shorts and yellow socks. The new away kit features a blue jersey, white shorts, and blue socks, with a representation of the Malay ‘keris’ at the bottom left corner of each shirt.

In November 2010, Nike Malaysia created a new football kit for the Malaysians specially made for the 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup. The home kit's design of black and yellow stripes that is shaped by black row of lines. The away kit features plain blue front and red and white at the edge of the sleeves. Nike put the Malaysian flag as their logo instead of putting the Football Association of Malaysia logo, as was the case for the great national team of the 1970s.[19]

hense why the red kit for city.... reminiscent of the dragon, the symbol of our nation....

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:02 am

Wake up guys...

the biggest club in China and most financially backed is Shanghai Shenhua that have chinese businessmen behind them trying to drive them forward as a brand buying the likes of Drogba and Anelka...

their kit....

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:03 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:

Doesnt really matter, neither kit has barely a scrap of red on it which is the point. not which one is home and away.

get with the programe.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 am

RoathMagic wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

Doesnt really matter, neither kit has barely a scrap of red on it which is the point. not which one is home and away.

get with the programe.

the programme is to do with national identity ......

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 am

the answer is simple ...... shirts v skins and jumpers for goalposts :lol:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:14 am

RoathMagic wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

get with the programe.

Do any of the big English clubs play in white then?

Why do we need to change our coulours for our national identity, cant we let our football do the talking? We are not Wales we are Cardiff.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:24 am

Tell you what, I recommend to everyone to have Roath Magic on ignore.

He recommended it to me a couple of days ago, and although I can see he is obviously posting in this thread, it is so much nicer now I can't see what he's actually on about.

The whole site is a better place without shyte everywhere.

:D :D :D :D

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 am

RoathMagic wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

get with the programe.

Why do we need to change our coulours for our national identity, cant we let our football do the talking? We are not Wales we are Cardiff.

Only a little club called Tottenham Hotspur that I can think of. There used to be a club called Leeds United years ago - they were a famous club.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

get with the programe.

Only a little club called Tottenham Hotspur that I can think of. There used to be a club called Leeds United years ago - they were a famous club.

The ones who have both never won the Premier League between them and dont even compete in the Champions League you mean?

Ah right :?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:35 am

RM,

That's right, although, I believe, little Tottenham Hotspur lost out on Champions League qualification by a technicality for the forthcoming season, bless them.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:37 am

Igovernor wrote:Did you notice the color of Air Asia, on the fusilage and engines in case you didn't it's Red

sorry mate.......i see a blue plane......and in truth ..so do you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:37 am

Nedd Glas wrote:RM,

That's right, although, I believe, little Tottenham Hotspur lost out on Champions League qualification by a technicality for the forthcoming season, bless them.

They didnt qualify for the Champions League because they werent good enough. simple.

and Leeds play in the second tier ffs.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:40 am

[
the programme is to do with national identity ......[/quote]

Why do we need to change our coulours for our national identity, cant we let our football do the talking? We are not Wales we are Cardiff.[/quote]

Only a little club called Tottenham Hotspur that I can think of. There used to be a club called Leeds United years ago - they were a famous club.[/quote]

The ones who have both never won the Premier League between them and dont even compete in the Champions League you mean?

Ah right :?[/quote]

the whole of the teams from england in the football league couldnt all play in white could they.. they have their own regional reasons behind their colours and identity ...

how many teams from wales play in the football league and are owned by foreign investors?

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:41 am

RoathMagic wrote:

They didnt qualify for the Champions League because they werent good enough. simple.

Tiny clubs, both of them - total underachievers. As for not being good enough, little Tottenham Hotspur were told that, if they got into the top four of the Prem, they would qualify for the Champions League. They did that, but UEFA reneged on the deal, because Chelsea won the Champions League. Seems unfair to little Tottenham Hotspur, in my opinion.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:45 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

Tiny clubs, both of them - total underachievers. As for not being good enough, little Tottenham Hotspur were told that, if they got into the top four of the Prem, they would qualify for the Champions League. They did that, but UEFA reneged on the deal, because Chelsea won the Champions League. Seems unfair to little Tottenham Hotspur, in my opinion.

unfortunately for spurs, all teams new the score before the season kicked off thanks to the liverpool fiasco a few seasons ago..