Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NOT A DONE DEAL

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

When asked about the media's claims of a done deal for Kim Bo-Kyung, City media manager Barrie McAuliffe has said:

"Some media love to claim deals are done but it's not the case. As soon as any players are locked in we'll shout."

https://twitter.com/MAcMcAuliffe/status ... 6599593984

Oh, the waiting game. :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: NOT A DONE DEAL

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:07 pm

We never do it the easy way!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:07 pm

he always has to piss on our parade .... :roll:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Who is Tony Rivers' mole then as he confirmed all done yesterday :?:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:27 pm

BOWMAN wrote:Who is Tony Rivers' mole then as he confirmed all done yesterday :?:

In fairness he did say that some formalities needed to be sorted. Without actually knowing what they are it is assumed they are International Clearance and a Work Permit.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 pm

BOWMAN wrote:Who is Tony Rivers' mole then as he confirmed all done yesterday :?:

Correction. I said the medical was completed and passed and it was now up to our oh so reliable officials to announce it officially!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:31 pm

CityGent wrote:

Correction. I said the medical was completed and passed and it was now up to our oh so reliable officialdoms to announce it officially

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

CityGent wrote:

Correction. I said the medical was completed and passed and it was now up to our oh so reliable officials to announce it officially!

What's the problem then? :s

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:33 pm

CityGent wrote:

Indeed Lakey, if people look back to our posts last night they will see that we both said there was some loose ends to tie up and that the deal was not yet completed but the medical had been completed.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CityGent wrote:

Indeed Lakey, if people look back to our posts last night they will see that we both said there was some loose ends to tie up and that the deal was not yet completed but the medical had been completed.

Are we any closer to announcing it?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:42 pm

hywel wrote:
CityGent wrote:

What's the problem then? :s

If its a work permit then the club has to provide certain evidence from the players home association that the player has been selected for 75% of A graded international games over the past 2 years (the association also has to be ranked above 70th position in FIFA rankings)

At a guess I assume getting the documentation from South Korean FA to the Home Office is taking longer than thought.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I've seen tweets today of frustrated City fans who think he might be pulling out of the deal. He only arrived in the UK yesterday FFS :-)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

CityGent wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I've seen tweets today of frustrated City fans who think he might be pulling out of the deal. He only arrived in the UK yesterday FFS :-)

In fairness we (the fans) have been let down at the last moment by a number of players over the years (Bent/Morris etc.) The one I'm remembering at the moment is that Polish defender who f**ked off somewhere else at the last moment after the club had done all the hard work getting him a work permit.

I suppose after being messed around like that so many times we do tend to fret a bit. :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:51 pm

If it is clearance etc... how is he cleared to play here in the olympics ?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
CityGent wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
CityGent wrote:

In fairness we (the fans) have been let down at the last moment by a number of players over the years (Bent/Morris etc.) The one I'm remembering at the moment is that Polish defender who f**ked off somewhere else at the last moment after the club had done all the hard work getting him a work permit.

I can't argue with that
I suppose after being messed around like that so many times we do tend to fret a bit. :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:53 pm

ayahtolla wrote:If it is clearance etc... how is he cleared to play here in the olympics ?

He isn't signing for the Olympics is he :lol: You need clearance when joining a CLUB. ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:55 pm

No arguments there Tony

We do seem to have an illustrious history for getting stabbed in the back. I'm sure it's different with this deal

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:55 pm

ayahtolla wrote:If it is clearance etc... how is he cleared to play here in the olympics ?

He isn't signing for the Olympics is he :lol: You need clearance when joining a CLUB. ;)

But does he need international clearance to play in another country ?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:12 pm

ayahtolla wrote:

He needs international clearance to play for us (Cardiff City) but he doesn't need international clearance to represent his country (S Korea) at the Olympics.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:15 pm

ayahtolla wrote:

He needs international clearance to play for us (Cardiff City) but he doesn't need international clearance to represent his country (S Korea) at the Olympics.

:ayatollah: Cheers, just wasn't sure, but hope it gets sorted soon :-(

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:18 pm

He does not need international clearence to play in the Olympics . But if he signs for us, he will need one as it is classed as working in this country .