A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whittingham will he be sold ?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Cardiff today as everyone knows turned Fulhams offer down
:ayatollah:

We also know Ray Ranson would get the first £3.5 mill

So will City hold out ?
Will Fulham increase their offer ?

One day we will have to pay Ray Ranson off.

Re: Whittingham will he be sold ?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:40 pm

how much do we owe ranson ffs?? :(

Re: Whittingham will he be sold

Don't think he's going anywhere this year ! After the rebranding to sell our best player would be criminal

cant the club just write him a cheque to settle the debt?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:how much do we owe ranson ffs?? :(

Approx £3.5 mill and that will be the end off it, once and for all.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

thank god for that lets sell whitts 7mil at least :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 pm

I dont think we will sell him this season , I think we will next season though if we dont go up

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 pm

The short answer to that is no :lol: - The Ranson debt is being cleared by instalments anyway isnt it?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:47 pm

ihatealiens wrote:The short answer to that is no :lol: - The Ranson debt is being cleared by instalments anyway isnt it?

No it's not and it all stopped over 2 yrs ago with this new deal.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:47 pm

We can't sell him :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 pm

boyosback wrote:Don't think he's going anywhere this year ! After the rebranding to sell our best player would be criminal

I wouldn't be surprised with anything Tan does - after the visionary rebranding , he's capable of anything imo !

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:49 pm

There will be other players sold first. We should get a fee for Keinan and Gerrard when they leave that no doubt will be used to reduce the ranson debt and the wage bill

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Dont think we'd be stupid enough to sell our best player just to clear some debt.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:51 pm

I think 4.5 million would be the acceptance figure.

He's 28 in September and if he wants another shot at the Premiership then moving on has got to be on his mind. Don't misunderstand me on this because I don't want him to go but I fear we are nearing the end of his time with the club.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Angry Man wrote:I think 4.5 million would be the acceptance figure.

He's 28 in September and if he wants another shot at the Premiership then moving on has got to be on his mind. Don't misunderstand me on this because I don't want him to go but I fear we are nearing the end of his time with the club.

god finding myself agreeng with you AM must be going soft in old age! :P

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Can't you pay ray off Annis ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:58 pm

The Ranson deal is for a % of transfer fees, not all of it. So if Whitts was sold then PART of the fee would go toward paying this debt off. No idea how much the % is - 50% would be my best guess, but only a guess.

As Annis says the value of it was £3.4m as at May 2011. Can't remember if we've got a fee for anyone since then. Wouldn't be anything major anyway so safe to assume its still around that level.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Is the loan interest bearing?
If not then there is no sense in re-paying Ransome until the club are ready.
if I were Ransome I would be looking to settle early for a lesser sum.
However, I would be very surprised if there was not a final backstop pay-back date whatever happens (or not) with the relevant players.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff today as everyone knows turned Fulhams offer down

So will City hold out ?

I honestly think Whitts wants to be a one club man. He's happy here, and not through lack of ambition but I don't see him leaving.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

So will City hold out ?

I honestly think Whitts wants to be a one club man. He's happy here, and not through lack of ambition but I don't see him leaving.

'One club man' yet he's played for Villa before joining us :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

So will City hold out ?

'One club man' yet he's played for Villa before joining us :lol:

lol, you know what I mean. Since leaving Villa....

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 pm

ihatealiens wrote:There will be other players sold first. We should get a fee for Keinan and Gerrard when they leave that no doubt will be used to reduce the ranson debt and the wage bill

They are being offered for nothing, just to get them off wage bill like Earnie, prob is we are paying them all to much. Hmm

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:19 pm

If he goes we have Jordan Mutch to play that role ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:20 pm

I don't think he will be sold unless Witts wants to go.

The Ray Ranson debt is absolutely no problem and it doesn't matter if it's paid now in a few years. It would be silly I sell such an asset for no reason.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Lawnmower wrote:The Ranson deal is for a % of transfer fees, not all of it. So if Whitts was sold then PART of the fee would go toward paying this debt off. No idea how much the % is - 50% would be my best guess, but only a guess.

As Annis says the value of it was £3.4m as at May 2011. Can't remember if we've got a fee for anyone since then. Wouldn't be anything major anyway so safe to assume its still around that level.

When did Chopra go?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm

BOWMAN wrote:If he goes we have Jordan Mutch to play that role ;)

Or the Korean if he signs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Whitts is in a similar position to many of our players in recent years - none of them, Bothroyd, Matthews, Ledley, Roger Johnson to name a few, are capable of playing at the level required by a top half Premier League side. Therefore, the only reason to leave is for the money.

Whitts has been a cracking player for us, and owes us nothing. However, his weaknesses are plain to see and that's why not many PL teams are that interested. He is VERY one-footed, a little bit slow and last year proved you can mark him out of the game. His dead ball and passing skills are outstanding at our level, but only ordinary by Premier League standards. As long as nobody wants to double his wages, then I don't see him going anywhere for a while. :ayatollah: :)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Leeds have rejected Norwich's bid for Snodgrass,

Can see them come knocking for Whitts if they can't land him.

bluebird58 wrote:Whitts is in a similar position to many of our players in recent years - none of them, Bothroyd, Matthews, Ledley, Roger Johnson to name a few, are capable of playing at the level required by a top half Premier League side. Therefore, the only reason to leave is for the money.

Whitts has been a cracking player for us, and owes us nothing. However, his weaknesses are plain to see and that's why not many PL teams are that interested. He is VERY one-footed, a little bit slow and last year proved you can mark him out of the game. His dead ball and passing skills are outstanding at our level, but only ordinary by Premier League standards. As long as nobody wants to double his wages, then I don't see him going anywhere for a while. :ayatollah: :)

Very Simon Cowell ;)

bluebird58 wrote:Whitts is in a similar position to many of our players in recent years - none of them, Bothroyd, Matthews, Ledley, Roger Johnson to name a few, are capable of playing at the level required by a top half Premier League side. Therefore, the only reason to leave is for the money.

Has the habit of going missing in the bigger games too :(