Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PREMIER CLUB DIAMOND MEETING

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Perhaps they are waiting for the meeting tonight to announce the signing of new players !!

Meeting starts at 7.00PM tonight, I'll keep you advised....

Re: PREMIER CLUB DIAMOND MEETING

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Mynachdy, don,t let them fob you off with anything less than you have signed up for. They are looking to change, reduce and generally rip up the current contract you have. Fight your corner, ask probing questions, don,t take anything less. Can I ask, when did you become a member, did you pay a joining fee, do you know how long your contact is for. These are facts that will determine how you fight against the new contracts they want people to sign. Keep me posted if you would. I am level 4 but don,t wonder if they are trying to do to you what they want to do to us.
Thanks
The Ref

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I dont understand why they don't put the alternative offer on the table and then its up to the individual to take it or continue with the current deal which they signed up too

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:52 pm

That is what they are doing, and have done with level 4, I am taking the new contract, each to his own

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Igovernor wrote:That is what they are doing, and have done with level 4, I am taking the new contract, each to his own

But I thought the whole arguement was because they stated the change and that was it

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Igovernor wrote:That is what they are doing, and have done with level 4, I am taking the new contract, each to his own

But I thought the whole arguement was because they stated the change and that was it

The problem is they want everyone on a 1yr rolling contract, so that they can put the price up straight away if we get to the Prem ', currently they can only change the price every 5years and we still have 43yrs left on this contract. Not many people know that!
I agree it's up to the individual, no probs there, but those who have been in since day one, stand to lose big time.
Good luck tonight.
Ref

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 pm

What the hell are you on about "43 years" all the contracts are for 5 years seats garanteed for 10 or more years not contracts as you said, the price was not going to increase for 5 years. my contract is up after the season after next and other peoples contracts are up in 2014 or 2016 so where do you get this 43 years from, its not the first time you have spouted rubbish like when you said you were refusing to renew when I pointed out that you had no choice as you were under contract, see my avatar that is what you need to stop doing ps after 5 years you can cancel your contract

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Igovernor wrote:What the hell are you on about "43 years" all the contracts are for 5 years seats garanteed for 10 or more years not contracts as you said, the price was not going to increase for 5 years. my contract is up after the season after next and other peoples contracts are up in 2014 or 2016 so where do you get this 43 years from, its not the first time you have spouted rubbish like when you said you were refusing to renew when I pointed out that you had no choice as you were under contract, see my avatar that is what you need to stop doing ps after 5 years you can cancel your contract

so if someone changes to rolling contract does it mean prices can rise for them following year?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Yes but remember most contracts end in 2014 anyway, its only the newbies that have contracts till 2016 and they did not pay any upfront fees I asked that question of Julian Jenkins and he said it would be really stupid of them to do something like that after going onto rolling contracts. The idea behind this is that City will attract loads more customers if they could just sign up for one year instead of 5. I changed because I will be £200 better off :thumbup"

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Igovernor wrote:What the hell are you on about "43 years" all the contracts are for 5 years seats garanteed for 10 or more years not contracts as you said, the price was not going to increase for 5 years. my contract is up after the season after next and other peoples contracts are up in 2014 or 2016 so where do you get this 43 years from, its not the first time you have spouted rubbish like when you said you were refusing to renew when I pointed out that you had no choice as you were under contract, see my avatar that is what you need to stop doing ps after 5 years you can cancel your contract

He is right the original agreements with a joining fee gave a fifty year term with options to break at five years and rights for the club to increase prices at certain anniversary dates.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Igovernor wrote:Yes but remember most contracts end in 2014 anyway, its only the newbies that have contracts till 2016 and they did not pay any upfront fees I asked that question of Julian Jenkins and he said it would be really stupid of them to do something like that after going onto rolling contracts. The idea behind this is that City will attract loads more customers if they could just sign up for one year instead of 5. I changed because I will be £200 better off :thumbup"

mmmmm i changed mine was up in 2016 i believe as changed from grandstand to premier last season have i got it wrong by changeing? confuscious is me!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Just back from the meeting at ccfc.
They are not making any changes to the diamond package.

They are splitting the 3rd floor into a bar and separate resturant area. The bar area to be exclusive to diamond members and I guess their guests. If you have a seat anywhere else but dine in the resturant then before the game starts you have to go back to your seat. You then are not allowed back on the 3rd floor.
Previous to this you had your table for the whole day. This will now only apply to diamond members.

The bar area will also have a hot food area where non diners can still pick up some food without having to go to level four.

New diamond members will also be asked to pay a joining fee. No mention of what this will be.

Only about 30 or so members bothered to turn up. Disappointing but I guess but many of the members do not actually care about the football or the club. As one told me, "I use the club to network". I was thinking tosser but for once kept quiet.

Anyway, two more seasons and then back to sit with the real fans.

Ps. Asked Alan whitley about Kimbo. He said the deal is not quite done.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Did he say what delay was ?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 pm

No. Just not done yet.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:40 am

You really are talking out of your backside. I have never said I was refusing to renew, I don't have to renew because it just rolls on. In fact in our meeting on level 4, I stood up and told them that i wanted the contract to be honoured and at the end of these terms, I want a new fiver year plan. How can you question my contract when you have never seen it and obviously don't understand the difference between "Term" and "Terms". Good luck to you if you take up the new option, I have no problem with that. If it makes sense for you, but to those who paid the initial joining fee and were in from day one, it makes no sense.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:56 am

I am sorry I confused you with a poster on the other board, my apologies :thumbup:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 1#page_top

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:03 am

Igovernor wrote:I am sorry I confused you with a poster on the other board, my apologies :thumbup:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... 1#page_top

No offence taken, good luck with your new package.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:04 am

Ref wrote:

You really are talking out of your backside. I have never said I was refusing to renew, I don't have to renew because it just rolls on. In fact in our meeting on level 4, I stood up and told them that i wanted the contract to be honoured and at the end of these terms, I want a new fiver year plan. How can you question my contract when you have never seen it and obviously don't understand the difference between "Term" and "Terms". Good luck to you if you take up the new option, I have no problem with that. If it makes sense for you, but to those who paid the initial joining fee and were in from day one, it makes no sense.

At our meeting yesterday Julian did say that CCFC did not uphold their side of the agreement that the original founders signed up for. He told us that the meeting was very difficult for level 4 members. A few diamond members pointed out what was said about having access to a premier club manager to handle enquiries. Having ccfc organise tickets for other events etc. Basically he said sorry and said we are now drawing a line in the sand and this is what we are going to offer from now on.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the new season brings and hope that things not only improve off the pitch but also on it. Unlike the majority who turned up for yesterday's meeting I am a fan first and foremost. My business was doing ok so thought lets treat myself. Lesson learned for me. Should have stayed with the real fans.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:46 am

At no point has this department been run correctly! Start to finish it's a shambles. Sad but very true