Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Press report on Bo Kyung

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:34 pm

CELTIC'S interest in Kim Bo-Kyung has ended after the South Korean midfielder agreed to join Cardiff City.

The Championship club refused to accede to the 22-year-old's £1.2million-per-year wage demands, but did agree to pay him around £18,000-per-week.

Along with a £3m transfer fee to Bo-Kyung's Japanese club, Ozaka, it placed him well beyond Celtic's valuation.

Bo-Kyung's representatives wanted to conclude the transfer as soon as possible to allow the player to focus on his participation in the Olympic Games.

There, Bo-Kyung will line up alongside current Celtic midfielder, Ki Sung-Yueng, who is expected to leave Parkhead to join Queens Park Rangers in a £7m transfer.

Bo-Kyung revealed Ki has offered him the benefit of his experience of playing in the UK, and said: "Ki Sung-Yueng has been giving me valuable advice to help me settle in. Learning the English language is a top priority, and I'll do my best to fit in with the other players.

"There are other teams in Europe, but we agreed on Cardiff City.

"The Championship is known for its physical play, but I will be ready for it."

Bo-Kyung's name will now be removed from the list of players Neil Lennon is considering.

It still contains Rosenborg's Markus Henriksen, a 19-year-old midfielder who has been tracked by Celtic since he pulled out of a move to Bruges in January, despite a £1.5m fee having been accepted by his Norwegian club.

Lennon has confirmed that Leeds full-back, Aidan White, and Polish internationalist defender, Sebastian Boenisch, are players who interest him.

Like Republic of Ireland international player White, Boenisch is a free agent after rejecting the offer of a new contract from Werder Bremen.

Celtic had hoped to progress negotiations with Boenisch's representatives while they are in Germany, and a trial was mooted.

However, the 25-year-old has made it clear he believes his inter-national and club experience should provide enough information to judge him.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/cel ... f.18175918

They even report on his salary. Either guesswork or someone at Celtic have given them the info

Re: Press report on Bo Kyung

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:35 pm

CityGent wrote:http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/celtic-target-kim-bo-kyung-signs-for-cardiff.18175918

They even report on his salary. Either guesswork or someone at Celtic have given them the info

how long until he's confirmed? :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Probably wait til Bellamy signs later on today, save having 2 press conferences :ayatollah:

Wishful thinking??

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Gavlar wrote:Probably wait til Bellamy signs later on today, save having 2 press conferences :ayatollah:

Wishful thinking??

Bellamy won't sign today. :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:53 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Probably wait til Bellamy signs later on today, save having 2 press conferences :ayatollah:

Wishful thinking??

Just playing mate......or am I

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Gavlar wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Wishful thinking??

Just playing mate......or am I

Hmmmmmm, I hope you're not playing. :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 pm

1.2million a year wages? What does that amount to a week then? I'm shit at maths lol

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:20 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:1.2million a year wages? What does that amount to a week then? I'm shit at maths lol

£1.2 Million is £23,000 per week.

However, I have heard he has signed for £18,000, there or there abouts. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:23 pm

No it's £23,076 per week but we refused to pay that so we are paying him £936000 per year hence £18000 per week

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:23 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:1.2million a year wages? What does that amount to a week then? I'm shit at maths lol

Cheers mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:25 pm

droopy wrote:

However, I have heard he has signed for £18,000, there or there abouts. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:25 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:
droopy wrote:

Dim problemo :ayatollah: :D

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:43 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:

This made me giggle :lol: