Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy Announcement.....

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:31 pm

I think the club will hold of announcing that Bellamy will join us either the day before, or on the same day the Red Home Kit goes on sale.....

Wise move? ;)

Re: Bellamy Announcement.....

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Clever thinking! ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Merlin wrote:I think the club will hold of announcing that Bellamy will join us either the day before, or on the same day the Red Home Kit goes on sale.....

Wise move? ;)

I hope not Merlin, becuase as I stated earlier, if there are any other transfers in the pipeline for "big signings", Bellamy will be a huge USP (Unique Selling Point). :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 pm

droopy wrote:
Merlin wrote:I think the club will hold of announcing that Bellamy will join us either the day before, or on the same day the Red Home Kit goes on sale.....

Wise move? ;)

I hope not Merlin, becuase as I stated earlier, if there are any other transfers in the pipeline for "big signings", Bellamy will be a huge USP (Unique Selling Point). :ayatollah:

They can still use this as a selling point if Bellamy's agreed, besides there will be a football circle already knowing bellamy is coming home.... word gets around!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:41 pm

droopy wrote:

Wise move? ;)

He is already mate, its how things work. Bellamy to sell the club to potential new players, the Bellamy deal had been done a long time ago.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Merlin wrote:
droopy wrote:

Wise move? ;)

They can still use this as a selling point if Bellamy's agreed, besides there will be a football circle already knowing bellamy is coming home.... word gets around!

Yes but don't you think it is a little unfair luring players in under false pretences. (Like Kenny Miller - Strike Partner instance)? It could all end in tears that way.

Also consider this, If anything happens during olympics, and we don't take Bellers on, we have then lost 4 weeks worth of searching for a player. Do you know how long it will take for Malky to throw together another dossier on another player. (I reckon adleast 2-3 years)!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 pm

but when does the new kit go on sale?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Jazz Cock wrote:but when does the new kit go on sale?

Think it's end of july/first week of August! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 pm

droopy wrote:
Merlin wrote:
droopy wrote:

Wise move? ;)

Yes but don't you think it is a little unfair luring players in under false pretences. (Like Kenny Miller - Strike Partner instance)? It could all end in tears that way.

Also consider this, If anything happens during olympics, and we don't take Bellers on, we have then lost 4 weeks worth of searching for a player. Do you know how long it will take for Malky to throw together another dossier on another player. (I reckon adleast 2-3 years)!

We wouldn't have lost any time searching for players. There is a recruitment team that does it, its not just Malky going at it 24/7

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 pm

CraigMc wrote:
droopy wrote:
Merlin wrote:
droopy wrote:

Wise move? ;)

We wouldn't have lost any time searching for players. There is a recruitment team that does it, its not just Malky going at it 24/7

:lol: exactly!! ;) Malky and his team will have all bases covered, they aren't stupid believe it or not!

BTW, I have heard Kim Bo has signed....

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:18 pm

Hope not, I'd rather see more blue shirts down the CCS this season.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Merlin wrote:
CraigMc wrote:
droopy wrote:
Merlin wrote:
droopy wrote:

Wise move? ;)

:lol: exactly!! ;) Malky and his team will have all bases covered, they aren't stupid believe it or not!

BTW, I have heard Kim Bo has signed....

I have also heard that, it's everywhere. But do you know when the official announcement is scheduled?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Wise move? ;)

Good shout. I think you're bang on.

Cant see 'Team GB' getting to the latter stages of the tournament to be honest and that would mean they would be knocked out by the end of July which coincides for what we're being told about the new kit being released.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Its over a year since Craig left.

Another year of wear and tear on his knee, another year on his life.

I do have a slight concern that as usual, City fans are living in the
past. The Craig Bellamy that comes here might, just might have
lost a bit of that pace. He might, just might not be as motivated as
last time.

remember..he'd just had an awesome season at Man City... it was an
amazing coup to get him. Noit so many Premiership sides sniffing around
this time? Just a thought

f**k me im turning into Angry Man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:34 pm

taffyapple wrote:Its over a year since Craig left.

last time.

:lol: :lol: CB is not the only one losing a bit of pace ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Wise move? ;)

A good day to bury bad news...you might be right. :D

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Everyone said Craig's knee wouldn't hold up when he was on loan here and it did, last season he seemed fit for quite a few games, he missed some games due to being injured but he is getting on. If he is here next season I don't think we will see any problems with his knee although he will be playing more games.
In reply to one of the other posts I think Blue shirts will massively outnumber red shirts next season. I'd be surprised if red shirts break 3,000 mark imo

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:12 pm

taffyapple wrote:Its over a year since Craig left.

last time.

Good point angry man :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 pm

With the players were bringing in and what we already have, we won't need Bellamy in EVERY game.... We managed well enough last season without him. His experience, pace, knowledge, runs and skills will come in extremely handy in certain games!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Dont give a toss , when the red shirts go on sale,
I will not buy anything red or anything with the new badge associated with Cardiff City .

BLUE for me, everday of the week but not with that badge!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 pm

undybluebird wrote:Dont give a toss , when the red shirts go on sale,
I will not buy anything red or anything with the new badge associated with Cardiff City .

BLUE for me, everday of the week but not with that badge!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The post was simply about my opnion on when I think the Bellamy announcement will be made. Not to advertise the Red shirt.... :roll:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Even if we signed Leo Messi I still would never buy any merchandise.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:34 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Even if we signed Leo Messi I still would never buy any merchandise.

ce la vie!!! :D

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:04 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Even if we signed Leo Messi I still would never buy any merchandise.

But like I said, this thread isn't about selling RED merchandise, I was simply saying they could be delaying the BELLAMY announcement to Co-incide with the release of the Red top, for Obvious reasons?!! ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 pm

It is a good theory, which could prove very true and as i stated in another thread, I BOUGHT THE RED REDROW HOMES TOP AND WILL BUY THIS RED TOP TOO :ayatollah: But each to their own ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Come on spill the beans.........your in the know are you? when is he joining would be brilliant for us IMO.
These Malasians mean business :ayatollah: :ayatollah: