Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

could this guy be the striker we are after?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 pm

carlos vela?

Re: could this guy be the striker we are after?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

brithdirblue wrote:carlos vela?

Please no :?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Why d'you say that?

Pretty good striker who did well in La Liga last season with Real Sociedad (12 goals in 35 games), but at 23, he'll now be looking for a permanent move away from Arsenal. Can't see him dropping down to the Championship.

I expect to see him back in La Liga next season.

"I don't want to return to Arsenal. I have asked my agent to negotiate with Arsenal to stay here," he's said, referring to Real Sociedad.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Jollffe wrote:Why d'you say that?

Pretty good striker who did well in La Liga last season with Real Sociedad (12 goals in 35 games), but at 23, he'll now be looking for a permanent move away from Arsenal. Can't see him dropping down to the Championship.

"I don't want to return to Arsenal. I have asked my agent to negotiate with Arsenal to stay here," he's said, referring to Real Sociedad.

Not a big fan of his... VERY average player. Think we could do better to be honest. Also, he does not like a physical game at all!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 pm

droopy wrote:Not a big fan of his... VERY average player. Think we could do better to be honest. Also, he does not like a physical game at all!

I think he's a decent player, but only in La Liga. He seems to work well with Sociedad's style of play.

He would be poor at City, I think. For this level and style of play, we can definitely get someone better.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 pm

No. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

No. :ayatollah:

Rhys, do you know who this potential striker is?

All roads lead to Michael Owen at this point... But I am not sure tbh?! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Jollffe wrote:Why d'you say that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18872772

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:44 pm

We need someone with a bit of size and an all round game. Connor Wickham seems a realistic and good shout. Was touted as a top player at Ipswich and just needs pointing in the right direction again.