Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy - are we really after him?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 am

Seems that with Kim Bo, Whitts, Conway, Harris we suddenly have a bit of cover for
The left hand side of midfield! Even the Slovakian lad is a natural lefty...

The club have only ever said they are monitoring the Bellamy situation.

Could be a huge smokescreen ;)

Re: Bellamy - are we really after him?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 am

he will be here post olympics and injury free

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

It's a done deal, he'll be here

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 am

taffyapple wrote:Seems that with Kim Bo, Whitts, Conway, Harris we suddenly have a bit of cover for

whitts.....maybe he is going.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 am

yes that i do know for definate.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:42 am

taffyapple wrote:Seems that with Kim Bo, Whitts, Conway, Harris we suddenly have a bit of cover for

Smokescreens have been used alot by the club since Malky arrived I think. They seam to be more switched on with how to use (or not use) the media.

I'd imagine the Bellamy signing will be confirmed after the Olympics but If it's the 'done deal' everyone says then why not announce it? It's either not done or the club are being clever with the media.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Down to money, still on LFC books still being paid by them. Probably till the end of GB's Olympic hopes.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 pm

hes still very much a liverpool player ,we must be odds on favourties to land him though

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:25 pm

The news about Bellamy signing after the Olympics has come from people VERY close to Craig himself....just like the first time he signed. Nothing to do with smokescreens being put up by the club as far as I'm concerned.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 pm

I know the blokes a complete and utter c@@t but The Moose off Talksport just tweeted that Bellers is a done deal

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Deano1 wrote:The news about Bellamy signing after the Olympics has come from people VERY close to Craig himself....just like the first time he signed. Nothing to do with smokescreens being put up by the club as far as I'm concerned.

Then why is it not being announced. I don't see why we are waiting, if the deal is "done & dusted" as some are saying, I don't see the benefit of waiting around? Also, if people know Bellamy is a Cardiff City player, it will attract higher callibre of player.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:27 pm

the 2 main factors i think of that it hasnt been announced yet -

1) saving ourselves thousands in wages over the next few weeks when we dont need him yet.
2) take shine away from his first ever appearance at a major tournament.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:34 pm

droopy wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The news about Bellamy signing after the Olympics has come from people VERY close to Craig himself....just like the first time he signed. Nothing to do with smokescreens being put up by the club as far as I'm concerned.

Then why is it not being announced. I don't see why we are waiting, if the deal is "done & dusted" as some are saying, I don't see the benefit of waiting around? Also, if people know Bellamy is a Cardiff City player, it will attract higher callibre of player.

Why would we want to pay his wages during Olympics, also if & I pray it doesn't happen, he gets injured we are then lumped with paying high wages on a non playing player, plus offcourse medical & rehab bills.

All goo business & management I reckon :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Valley Lad wrote:
droopy wrote:

Why would we want to pay his wages during Olympics, also if & I pray it doesn't happen, he gets injured we are then lumped with paying high wages on a non playing player, plus offcourse medical & rehab bills.

Perhaps... :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 pm

droopy wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:
droopy wrote:

Perhaps... :ayatollah:

Surely a get out clause would be written in to cover us if he got injured during the Olympics?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm

droopy wrote:

The clue is in the 'signing after the Olympics' bit.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Deano1 wrote:
droopy wrote:

The clue is in the 'signing after the Olympics' bit.

Ye my bad. Didn't notice that first time round. :lol:

However, I do feel that the club would benefit from having Bellamy announced earlier.

They could announce him, then set up a link to pre-order your home/away shirt with Bellamy 39 or something. :ayatollah: