Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Was Kenny Miller ?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am

No way is he the worst value.

We've had plenty of strikers here over the years that scored f**k all and
Did f**k all. As a lone striker, and not the biggest of lads I think he did a
Pretty good job. His goals return was not the best and he missed some
Sitters that could have seen us with a Carling Cup win.

Fowler was A real joke. Had no interest. Just took his money and laughed at us.

Gave up Gordon?. Another bigger waste of space.

Eddie "the beagle" Johnson... Ouch. Hurts to say his name.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 pm

JonCCFC wrote:He cost us 800k, his wages were 25k a week, he played on his own up front basically all season when I'm sure he would've scored way more goals if he a had a decent partner, and we get rid of him after one season on a free.

Biggest waste of money ever.

Precisely.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:56 pm

castleblue wrote:Blobby Fowler for me a complete waste of money in my opinion. Forget shirt sales we paid this guy a fortune and paid for his hip operation and rehabilitation and then the parasite walked away.

Utter tw*t in my opinion and in comparison KM gave his all for the club and maybe he has been moved on to free up wages for the return of Craig Bellamy.

Surely that is going to happen now why else would MM let our most experienced forward leave. :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Gary I reckon Robbie Fowler without a doubt followed by Eddie Johnson on £20,000 a week :shock:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:Blobby Fowler for me a complete waste of money in my opinion. Forget shirt sales we paid this guy a fortune and paid for his hip operation and rehabilitation and then the parasite walked away.

Utter tw*t in my opinion and in comparison KM gave his all for the club and maybe he has been moved on to free up wages for the return of Craig Bellamy.

Surely that is going to happen now why else would MM let our most experienced forward leave. :?

Yes Gary I reckon Robbie Fowler without a doubt followed by Eddie Johnson on £20,000 a week :shock:

annis if you remember when we signed fowler Joma owned the club shop( thank you peter :twisted: ) so we made virtually nothing out of the shirt sales.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:09 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

annis if you remember when we signed fowler Joma owned the club shop( thank you peter :twisted: ) so we made virtually nothing out of the shirt sales.

Your right I forgot Steve, once again we lost out thanks to the Riddler and his bizarre deals.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Why was he allowed to leave for no fee ? No doubt part of Tan's vision ! Its gonna take more than Ive seen to date to convince me Tan/Malky can lead CCFC effectively , I hope Im wrong but not convinced as of yet ! Miller wasnt given a chance !

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Wasn't given much of a prayer with Malkys formation and the lack of support from midfield.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Miller worked hard every game. Deserved his wages.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Our worst ever signing in terms of costs to our club ?

We paid approx £800,000 incl signing on fee etc

Kenny's wage was a basic £25,000 a week.

We have let him go on a free transfer.

I am not having a go at Kenny, as I believe he could have done the job, if he had had a partner and support on the pitch, we played one up front at home last season.

Or is Robbie Fowler(managed to sell thousands of shirts) or Eddie Johnson or any one else the most costliest/wasted money by our club in our history?

aint it jimmy floyd???????????????,didnt risdale mess up some where with him over a new deal?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:20 pm

caerblue wrote:

I am not having a go at Kenny, as I believe he could have done the job, if he had had a partner and support on the pitch, we played one up front at home last season.

Or is Robbie Fowler(managed to sell thousands of shirts) or Eddie Johnson or any one else the most costliest/wasted money by our club in our history?

aint it jimmy floyd???????????????,didnt risdale mess up some where with him over a new deal?

Your right the Riddler messed up big time on that.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Letting KM go on a free is absolutely disgraceful and for the first time since Malky's arrival I have to question His thinking, as its not as if We only paid £200,000 for Miller or sold on for £400,00 even 300,00 But NOTHING??? at a time when We are supposed to be losing a MILLION plus a month, I find it almost spooky the Malaysians are haggling with Langsdon tooth and nail over a Mil while They bin 800,00 willy nilly? IM sorry but the new owners may be Billionaires but obviously not from Football, They have lost Millions in Their Player Deals/ Or should I say Inability to recuperate funds from sell able commodities like PLAYERS?? Total Idiots that will no doubt add Millers exit as a loss in the books, When in fact its floundering the Cubs financial well being. Something not right: :old: