Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Les Davies

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 am

Bangor City striker Les Davies was one of my choices as I feel he was the best player in the Welsh Premier last season and deserves much wider recognition than he has received.

People might look at the low seeding Welsh Premier clubs have in Europe and ask me if this is a wind up, but I am deadly serious.

I feel Les is an outstanding striker whose reputation has rocketed in the last couple of seasons.

Every time he plays for Bangor City in Europe he makes life hell for all defenders and I think he would also do this against better players at a higher level.

I was chosen as Wales' Uefa representative last year too and on that occasion we were asked to choose our top three. I opted for Lionel Messi in first, Cristiano Ronaldo second and Bangor City's Michael Johnston third.

At the Best Player in Europe ceremony in Monaco last August, we had to whittle our choice down to one out of Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi Hernandez. I went for Messi, who was the eventual winner.

People asked me then if I was serious in nominating Michael Johnston and my reply was “of course I was – I cover the Welsh Premier week in, week out and he's one of the best defenders I've seen”.

It's the same with Les Davies. He's a good, old fashioned centre forward who plays well and gives his all week in, week out.

It's only right and proper to celebrate the talented players our Welsh Premier League possesses.

This year each Uefa judge was asked to choose five players initially and my choices are Messi, Ronaldo, Andres Iniesta, Joe Hart and Les Davies. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Les Davies

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 am

Sounds like a Welsh Nazi to me

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:59 am

He was on talksport lastnight came across very well i thought!!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:43 pm

saw this story on sky news this morning..................good luck to him

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Malcky sign him ???
Or could he be the mystery sticker :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:57 pm

taffy123 wrote:Bangor City striker Les Davies was one of my choices as I feel he was the best player in the Welsh Premier last season and deserves much wider recognition than he has received.

People might look at the low seeding Welsh Premier clubs have in Europe and ask me if this is a wind up, but I am deadly serious.

I feel Les is an outstanding striker whose reputation has rocketed in the last couple of seasons.

Every time he plays for Bangor City in Europe he makes life hell for all defenders and I think he would also do this against better players at a higher level.

I was chosen as Wales' Uefa representative last year too and on that occasion we were asked to choose our top three. I opted for Lionel Messi in first, Cristiano Ronaldo second and Bangor City's Michael Johnston third.

At the Best Player in Europe ceremony in Monaco last August, we had to whittle our choice down to one out of Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi Hernandez. I went for Messi, who was the eventual winner.

People asked me then if I was serious in nominating Michael Johnston and my reply was “of course I was – I cover the Welsh Premier week in, week out and he's one of the best defenders I've seen”.

It's the same with Les Davies. He's a good, old fashioned centre forward who plays well and gives his all week in, week out.

It's only right and proper to celebrate the talented players our Welsh Premier League possesses.

This year each Uefa judge was asked to choose five players initially and my choices are Messi, Ronaldo, Andres Iniesta, Joe Hart and Les Davies. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Every time I see Michael Johnston im impressed he is an excellent defender I thought he should have been given a chance in a league team

Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 pm

give it a go m8. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: CCFC