Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GERRARD ON WAY OUT

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:01 am

Cardiff City defender Anthony Gerrard's future looks bleak after he was left at home as the rest of the squad headed to Switzerland for a pre-season training camp.

Malky Mackay's squad flew out to Geneva from Bristol Airport yesterday, but there was no place on the plane for Gerrard or fellow out-of-favour defender Dekel Keinan.

Gerrard, who remains a potential target for Bristol City, took to social networking site Twitter to pointedly wish his team-mates well in Switzerland, telling Mark Hudson, Andrew Taylor, Joe Ralls, Robert Earnshaw and Craig Conway he would see them when they returned.

That led to Cardiff fans asking Gerrard why he was not going himself, with the player responding: "For everyone asking, I haven't been given a reason why I haven't gone. I'm only interested in getting fitter, so that is my main concern."

The snub suggests it is highly unlikely Gerrard has a future at Cardiff City Stadium, with Hudson, Ben Turner and Darcy Blake all ahead of him in the pecking order.

Mackay is also in pole position to add Coventry skipper Richard Keogh to his defensive ranks ahead of the Championship kick-off on August 17.

Gerrard played second fiddle to Hudson and Turner during a disappointing season last term that also saw him miss the vital penalty in the heartbreaking Carling Cup final defeat against Liverpool.

The rest of the Cardiff squad began the gruelling training camp today that will see them put through their paces in daily double sessions throughout this week.

Striker Kenny Miller is also missing from the Switzerland trip as he ties up his move to Vancouver Whitecaps.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z20rQUmrqU

Re: GERRARD ON WAY OUT

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:13 am

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City defender Anthony Gerrard's future looks bleak after he was left at home as the rest of the squad headed to Switzerland for a pre-season training camp.

Malky Mackay's squad flew out to Geneva from Bristol Airport yesterday, but there was no place on the plane for Gerrard or fellow out-of-favour defender Dekel Keinan.

Gerrard, who remains a potential target for Bristol City, took to social networking site Twitter to pointedly wish his team-mates well in Switzerland, telling Mark Hudson, Andrew Taylor, Joe Ralls, Robert Earnshaw and Craig Conway he would see them when they returned.

That led to Cardiff fans asking Gerrard why he was not going himself, with the player responding: "For everyone asking, I haven't been given a reason why I haven't gone. I'm only interested in getting fitter, so that is my main concern."

The snub suggests it is highly unlikely Gerrard has a future at Cardiff City Stadium, with Hudson, Ben Turner and Darcy Blake all ahead of him in the pecking order.

Mackay is also in pole position to add Coventry skipper Richard Keogh to his defensive ranks ahead of the Championship kick-off on August 17.

Gerrard played second fiddle to Hudson and Turner during a disappointing season last term that also saw him miss the vital penalty in the heartbreaking Carling Cup final defeat against Liverpool.

The rest of the Cardiff squad began the gruelling training camp today that will see them put through their paces in daily double sessions throughout this week.

Striker Kenny Miller is also missing from the Switzerland trip as he ties up his move to Vancouver Whitecaps.

Shame!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:15 am

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City defender Anthony Gerrard's future looks bleak after he was left at home as the rest of the squad headed to Switzerland for a pre-season training camp.

Taraaaaaaaa!! :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 am

Good riddance fool

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 am

'only interested in getting fitter'?

Didn't they all have plans to keep to in the summer, maybe lardy spent too much time elsewhere.

He's only got himself to blame, he had a run in with DJ - but then again who didn't and then he took MM on - was it Peterborough away they were exchanging words?

Oh well, he'll be alright for Celtic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:12 am

potentially could have been one of the best defenders in this division.....but he has attitude problems. looks like he'll be going to a mediocre club this summer

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 am

jinks-rct wrote:Good riddance fool

why fool???

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:36 am

krabb wrote:

why fool???

Why not, Twitter comments, arguments with fans... need I go on... :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:44 am

Great! - I suggest he gets in contact with say Tranmere - back to his roots.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 am

droopy wrote:
krabb wrote:

why fool???

That argument goes two ways so I hope you are saying that the fans who have been arguing with and provoking him are fools too!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:53 am

Natman Blue wrote:
droopy wrote:
krabb wrote:

why fool???

That argument goes two ways so I hope you are saying that the fans who have been arguing with and provoking him are fools too!

Correct :D

However, being a professional footballer, he should know better. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 am

he's a big time charlie, who if he actually concentrated on his football he would be good player. :x
Missed chance for him as he not even a has been with an attitude. :roll: :roll:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:38 am

lewis91 wrote:potentially could have been one of the best defenders in this division.....but he has attitude problems. looks like he'll be going to a mediocre club this summer

Absolutely spot on. Despite everything he is still my favourite Centre-Back and it is just a dam shame we couldn't get the best out of him.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:17 pm

unfortunately hes a bit of a class clown... always wants to joke and mess about... ok in small doses if you are professional enough to do the job well when required... he's not a professional...

shame because the season he went to hull he worked really hard and had did well.... petty we never saw the same form for us...

sometimes he just needs to shut his mouth and get on with it...

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:41 pm

The only time he looked happy this year was when he kicked the ball at the mascot, he stopped sulking/moaning for 5 minutes then :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:44 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:The only time he looked happy this year was when he kicked the ball at the mascot, he stopped sulking/moaning for 5 minutes then :lol:

And during the after-match meal at Wembley ;)

The prick :evil:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:07 pm

droopy wrote:
krabb wrote:

why fool???

That's irrelevant.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:11 pm

I'm not anti gerrard, hes comes across arragont. But he seems to have been on the wrong end of shit from some fans. Easy to say dont bite/react etc. We would all fight our corner though. The simple fact is he isnt good enough, or a good enough pro.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
lewis91 wrote:potentially could have been one of the best defenders in this division.....but he has attitude problems. looks like he'll be going to a mediocre club this summer

Absolutely spot on. Despite everything he is still my favourite Centre-Back and it is just a dam shame we couldn't get the best out of him.

Exactly, Some of the performances he has produced have been top. The passion he has shown has been great but he seems to have little respect for some people including the manager at times. I hope getting rid of him doesn't come back to bite us in the ass :lol:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Best of luck to him! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:22 pm

We dont want bad apples at our club end of, Cheerio AG :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:35 pm

He did well when he went to hull and came back and did ok, but not the force we had all hoped, good luck to him ;)

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 pm

I still have nightmares about the cup final what with his one-two with Kuyt for Liverpools second and that missed pen.good riddance as far as im concerned :evil: :evil:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:57 am

Not good enough in reality.

I don't think any pro misses a pen on purpose and IMO MM should never have let him take it. I do think his mid was fucked tho, or even split. His pen looked tired despite playing few minutes in comparison

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:03 am

johnnyjan4-69 wrote:I still have nightmares about the cup final what with his one-two with Kuyt for Liverpools second and that missed pen.good riddance as far as im concerned :evil: :evil:

your not the only one m8, i think about his contribution that day at least once a week :x