Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We will have to sign at least 2 defenders

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:39 pm

If/when Keinan and Gerrard go, which is highly likely. We have to bring someone in aswell as Keogh (if it does actually happen). Without Keinan and Gerrard we would be left with McNaughton, Hudson, Turner, Taylor. Then we will have 1 defender, Blake, on a 7-man bench. What if McNaughton got injured? No defenders on bench. If we got Keogh then we would have 1 on the bench again, but I feel we should have 2 defenders, 2 mids, 2 strikers + 1 GK on bench. :ayatollah:

Re: We will have to sign at least 2 defenders

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm sure there will be more defensive players to come in.

We have let Paul Quinn, Alex Evans and Lee Naylor go already - and all of them played bit parts (even if mainly in the cup) last season.

If Gerrard and Keinan also leave, Malky must have plans to replace them - and with better players, not just like for like,

He has been clear he is after a bigger and deeper squad - with more quality - next season. The signings so far show that the Malaysians have been backing him. It wouldn't make sense to go from plenty of defensive cover to a threadbare defense with only Keogh coming in (if that happens) to replace 3-5 leavers.

I am confident that Malky and the management team have got other irons in the fire, and wait to be surprised. The lack of defenders names - other than Keogh - is a good sign. It means the club are working under the radar again.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:10 pm

jon1959 wrote:I'm sure there will be more defensive players to come in.

We have let Paul Quinn, Alex Evans and Lee Naylor go already - and all of them played bit parts (even if mainly in the cup) last season.

If Gerrard and Keinan also leave, Malky must have plans to replace them - and with better players, not just like for like,

He has been clear he is after a bigger and deeper squad - with more quality - next season. The signings so far show that the Malaysians have been backing him. It wouldn't make sense to go from plenty of defensive cover to a threadbare defense with only Keogh coming in (if that happens) to replace 3-5 leavers.

I am confident that Malky and the management team have got other irons in the fire, and wait to be surprised. The lack of defenders names - other than Keogh - is a good sign. It means the club are working under the radar again.

Oh wait we still have Adedeji Oshilaja. :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 pm

We got Blake. If we get Keogh that be okay. Be good to pinch a youngster on loan in the prem from defence! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:17 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:We got Blake. If we get Keogh that be okay. Be good to pinch a youngster on loan in the prem from defence! :ayatollah:

But what if 1 of them gets injured? Left with only 1 for the bench.