Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOULD MESSI .....

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:26 pm

I had a debate in work today about how well Messi would do in the Cardiff City team in the Championship. How many goals do you think he'd score??

Re: WOULD MESSI .....

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:I had a debate in work today about how well Messi would do in the Cardiff City team in the Championship. How many goals do you think he'd score??

20-25 .. We don't have a Xavi/Iniesta/Fabregas to play him through all the time. Although Whitts is great in this division, we'd need a carbon copy of him for Messi to score more than 30 goals (my opinion :lol:)

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:32 pm

About 30, this league is twice as competitive as La Liga, plus we're no Barcelona when it comes to service

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Have you seen the Argentina v Brazil game lately? (4-3 FT Arg)

Messi didn't have Xavi, Busquets or Iniesta.

Did he score 3 or 4 that night and they were generally speaking out of this world goals.

The boy is different gravy, and would score 40 in the Championship.

If it wasn't such a hoofball, kick the shins type of league, then pick a number between 50 and 150 :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 pm

If Messi had the service Miller had this season, he would have struggled to hit 20 imo.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:34 pm

I heard the same rumour earlier mate from a friend of messi's ;)

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Since when does Messi need service to score a goal? The lad just runs through people. 30+ i think.