Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Arsenal bid £4m for Joe Mason

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Gavlar wrote:http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/arsenal-rumoured-to-have-bid-for-cardiff-striker/client/mobile/

:( :(

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Why do people give these shite twitter rumours the time of day, anyone can set up an account, pretend to be ITK and attempt to put 2+2 together and create transfer rumours, most of them are great champ players to mid table prem teams such as Fulham/Stoke/WBA etc.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Although I fully believe the club have no plan on selling playing assets if one of the top few club come knowing then you cant stop the lad from progressing to a top club.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Although I fully believe the club have no plan on selling playing assets if one of the top few club come knowing then you cant stop the lad from progressing to a top club.

would he actually be progressing though, problem is he is still raw at this level, players make the jump in my opinion to the large club at the wrong time, then play a bit part in a season and end up on loan to a lower level prem team..

mason should be a key player to us and we should be looking to keep hold of him. after all hes not going to make a single prem appearance for arsenal if he joined them this season.. look at how long it took walcott etc.. to get into the first xi.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 pm

It's a no go we have told them to start around the £15m :lol: to make up for them nicking Ramsey for peanuts

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Although I fully believe the club have no plan on selling playing assets if one of the top few club come knowing then you cant stop the lad from progressing to a top club.

would he actually be progressing though, problem is he is still raw at this level, players make the jump in my opinion to the large club at the wrong time, then play a bit part in a season and end up on loan to a lower level prem team..

mason should be a key player to us and we should be looking to keep hold of him. after all hes not going to make a single prem appearance for arsenal if he joined them this season.. look at how long it took walcott etc.. to get into the first xi.

I generally agree.
But it's still a huge move and according to the report he would be allowed to return on loan so would still progress.

I'd rather he stayed.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
jtc wrote:
CP76 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Not again, we already lost one young star to them and I don't want it to happen again. We're supposed to be a club going forward

Sorry but when a club like arsenal come knocking we are never going to hold onto our young players

true.best you can do if it,s true is keep him on loan for a year.

We have to pay Ray Ranson anything over £3 million to £3.2 million that we receive so I can't see it happening myself and why would he want to sit on the bench there, when he'll get a lot more game time with us? :D :ayatollah:

it,s hard to keep young players if big clubs come knocking.i agree he would be better off with you.that,s why a loan back would make sense.the saving grace may be that 3.2 ceiling.tbh what i,v seen of him i like.didn,t do himself no harm at wembley

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 pm

they paid 12m for walcott i don't know how much they paid for chamberlain so why dont we ask for the same i thought the same when we sold Ramsey anyone agree with me

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 pm

ccfc2005 wrote:they paid 12m for walcott i don't know how much they paid for chamberlain so why dont we ask for the same i thought the same when we sold Ramsey anyone agree with me

Think it was £10 million for chamberlain

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Gavlar wrote:http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/arsenal-rumoured-to-have-bid-for-cardiff-striker/client/mobile/

Posted by someone called ladyarse? Well that's it then, if ladyarse said so then he's deffo off.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 am

ccfc2005 wrote:they paid 12m for walcott i don't know how much they paid for chamberlain so why dont we ask for the same i thought the same when we sold Ramsey anyone agree with me

my guess is that because they are english they are dearer

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Difference between the Ramsey deal and this is that we are no longer a selling club and want to keep our best players to build for the future. Something else to thank the Malays for :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:Difference between the Ramsey deal and this is that we are no longer a selling club and want to keep our best players to build for the future. Something else to thank the Malays for :ayatollah:

Amen 8-)