Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

my badge being sold on ebay mugs with the badge on too..

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 pm

someone selling my badge on mugs through ebay with cardiff city badge on the back or front which ever way you look at it lol.. hes sold 1 so far..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cardiff-city- ... 20c7b8ba34

Re: my badge being sold on ebay mugs with the badge on too..

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:43 pm

so? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Should have copyrighted it mate! :cry:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:15 pm

buy em all and then copyright it :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:16 pm

What a f*cking mug :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:47 pm

This design was never really done to be sold to cardiff city or to replace the red badge that they use now. It was only done to show alternatives to the red badge. and there for why copyright it. plus im pretty sure I cant copyright Cardiff City FC on a design. Im not bothered thats its on the mug, i do feel dissapointed for the people who buy it as its not going to be an official badge.. Im just a city fan who put his idea forward.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 pm

karlmpayne wrote:This design was never really done to be sold to cardiff city or to replace the red badge that they use now. It was only done to show alternatives to the red badge. and there for why copyright it. plus im pretty sure I cant copyright Cardiff City FC on a design. Im not bothered thats its on the mug, i do feel dissapointed for the people who buy it as its not going to be an official badge.. Im just a city fan who put his idea forward.

Even though it's not copyrighted or anything you should be able to have some claim to it I don't know, but yeh it's pretty sad to see people stealing others designs for their profit

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Id never do such a thing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120949639543? ... 1555.l2649

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Daniel M wrote:
karlmpayne wrote:This design was never really done to be sold to cardiff city or to replace the red badge that they use now. It was only done to show alternatives to the red badge. and there for why copyright it. plus im pretty sure I cant copyright Cardiff City FC on a design. Im not bothered thats its on the mug, i do feel dissapointed for the people who buy it as its not going to be an official badge.. Im just a city fan who put his idea forward.

Even though it's not copyrighted or anything you should be able to have some claim to it I don't know, but yeh it's pretty sad to see people stealing others designs for their profit

It Doesnt really mater to be honest, this wasnt the final badge that i presented to Cardiff City, its a very ealy draft. Only myself and Cardiff City have my badge now. If Cardiff City Do one day go with a design of mine well it will be seen when Cardiff unveil it. it will look a bit similar but will make this attempt of theirs look rubbish..

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Mafor wrote:Id never do such a thing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120949639543? ... 1555.l2649

Thats a big badge on that shirt mate

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 am

ive had your design on my mobile wallpaper for the past month .... its a brilliant design and the club should 100% go with it! ... well done mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:47 am

:cry: I think it is enterprising ?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 am

I've seen it all now Karl, as a musician myself I have learned that copyright is very important!!! Although my laziness towards it still means I forget to do it for my music! I LOVE YOUR BADGE the shield one too, one thing I would alter, and that is that it looks like our bluebird is flying into the flames - ouch! Could the dragon be reversed, rather than lose the flames which is my favourite detail.
:thumbright:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 am

tangledupinblue wrote:I've seen it all now Karl, as a musician myself I have learned that copyright is very important!!! Although my laziness towards it still means I forget to do it for my music! I LOVE YOUR BADGE the shield one too, one thing I would alter, and that is that it looks like our bluebird is flying into the flames - ouch! Could the dragon be reversed, rather than lose the flames which is my favourite detail.

Ive changed that with the bird not flying into flames mate and given it to ccfc, cant post it on here at moment as you can see what happens when people want to make a few quid on other peoples work.. the new design look so much better.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 am

AHERNE wrote:ive had your design on my mobile wallpaper for the past month .... its a brilliant design and the club should 100% go with it! ... well done mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks mate.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:09 am

karlmpayne wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:I've seen it all now Karl, as a musician myself I have learned that copyright is very important!!! Although my laziness towards it still means I forget to do it for my music! I LOVE YOUR BADGE the shield one too, one thing I would alter, and that is that it looks like our bluebird is flying into the flames - ouch! Could the dragon be reversed, rather than lose the flames which is my favourite detail.

Ive changed that with the bird not flying into flames mate and given it to ccfc, cant post it on here at moment as you can see what happens when people want to make a few quid on other peoples work.. the new design look so much better.

Time will tell mate, the ball is in their court wether they decide to use it or not.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 pm

AHERNE wrote:ive had your design on my mobile wallpaper for the past month .... its a brilliant design and the club should 100% go with it! ... well done mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Way better than the beer mat we'll be using!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Did you meet with Alan after Karl? or have you spoken directly with anyone at the club?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:25 pm

'cardiff city FC' and the bluebird are trademarks. You wont get copyright

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:02 pm

karlmpayne wrote:someone selling my badge on mugs through ebay with cardiff city badge on the back or front which ever way you look at it lol.. hes sold 1 so far..

You should copyright Your Badge Mate, It's well thought out and is realistic of the circumstances/Changes Our Club has embarked on. Your Badge would have made the change more bearable than the pathetic shit* that is now the Cardiff City Crest. In My opinion Your design might have sold more shirts, As much as Im pleased with the return of Bellars I believe the Malaysians are even more disillusioned than I thought if They believe apart from a few youngsters that Cardiff Fans will except or buy a Man U Top with a shit* logo and even worse crest. :old:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Did you meet with Alan after Karl? or have you spoken directly with anyone at the club?

Yes mate I've had meetings with them, they did like what I had done but it was obviously too late to change. With all the fans not liking the ccfc badge I'm hoping theres a good chance they may consider my design for the next season.. Fingers crossed.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:42 pm

CraigMc wrote:'cardiff city FC' and the bluebird are trademarks. You wont get copyright

Yeah I figured that, and so I've had a statement made up with Ll the dates of the artwork being created / files etc, emails to the echo / Wales online and to ccfc. That will cover me as much as I can do. I have all contact details for the person selling the mugs on eBay and Facebook account etc. so I'll chase them down. eBay haven't removed the mugs so I guess they have ignored it.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
karlmpayne wrote:someone selling my badge on mugs through ebay with cardiff city badge on the back or front which ever way you look at it lol.. hes sold 1 so far..

You should copyright Your Badge Mate, It's well thought out and is realistic of the circumstances/Changes Our Club has embarked on. Your Badge would have made the change more bearable than the pathetic shit* that is now the Cardiff City Crest. In My opinion Your design might have sold more shirts, As much as Im pleased with the return of Bellars I believe the Malaysians are even more disillusioned than I thought if They believe apart from a few youngsters that Cardiff Fans will except or buy a Man U Top with a shit* logo and even worse crest. :old:

Thanks for you comments Leighton, really appreciated. I hope they do accept my design and get it on the kits for nthe next season.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:08 pm

karlmpayne wrote:
Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:Did you meet with Alan after Karl? or have you spoken directly with anyone at the club?

Yes mate I've had meetings with them, they did like what I had done but it was obviously too late to change. With all the fans not liking the ccfc badge I'm hoping theres a good chance they may consider my design for the next season.. Fingers crossed.

have they hinted at this? fair play could you imagine that as our badge! you would be buzzing for years off that :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 pm

karlmpayne wrote:

I hope so Karl, your badge design is excellent and seems to be very popular with most City fans.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:11 pm

as far as i can see though if you have not had your image copywrited and if you type in google cardiff city up pops your image so anyone has access to it as its on the world wide web. saw the mugs and tbh if they are selling them that cheap they aint making much out of it . lets face it ebay is just full of things that really shouldnt be produced..... maybe lesson learnt copywrite all images from now on :)

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:17 pm

CraigMc wrote:'cardiff city FC' and the bluebird are trademarks. You wont get copyright

THIS :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:28 pm

I've had a very nice message tonight from the seller of the mugs that were on eBay, they were apologetic and I have to say I am very appreciative that they contacted me to sort out the issue. They removed the mugs and deleted the artworks. End of the matter.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Just bought half a dozen mugs and a few Tee shirts as i have embraced the rebranding dont care who designed them . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: