Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HARIS VUCKIC

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Surprised Malky hasn't been linked with another move for Vuckic. He did pretty well during his five-match spell here, and a loan extension only failed due to some injuries at Newcastle.

He can play as a second striker, winger or attacking midfielder and offers some height at 6ft. 3. With the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Amalfitano, Tiote, Gutierrez, Gosling, Marveaux, Obertan and Bigirimana all available for Pardew in midfield, is he surplus to requirement?

Furthermore, who would welcome him back?

I certainly would, providing he knows the Ayatollah this time. :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: HARIS VUCKIC

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 pm

didnt think he done much to be honest,expected alot more from him considering he dropped down from a premiership team,if we want automatic promotion we need higher quality players than vuckic

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 pm

I would welcome him back, some people slated him but had some quality games, would need a pre-season to settle in I think though, brilliant at shooting from long range aswell. I feel we were shot-shy last season, trying to walk the ball into the net most of the time.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Done well against Bristol Away when he came on. He helped Whitts push forward in attack and he set up mason for the own goal which won the game.
Cant judge him on a month.
I liked him. he honestly admitted the difference of Prem and Championship. I do think he will need to be loaned out again one more time to gain some playing time. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm confident that if he played in the Carling Cup Final we would have won, it's the kind of game he's used to

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:12 pm

CantonJack wrote:I'm confident that if he played in the Carling Cup Final we would have won, it's the kind of game he's used to

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hes played 6 games for Newcastle starting only once but he would have won us the Carling Cup because hes such an experience big game player :lol:

What a numpty

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:26 pm

CP76 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:I'm confident that if he played in the Carling Cup Final we would have won, it's the kind of game he's used to

Hes played 6 games for Newcastle starting only once but he would have won us the Carling Cup because hes such an experience big game player :lol:

What a numpty

Well Liverpool weren't fantastic were they? He could have come on for Gunnarsson, who didn't have an amazing game and made an impact

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I thought he looked quality so yes would have him on loan again.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:20 pm

CantonJack wrote:
CP76 wrote:

What a numpty

Well Liverpool weren't fantastic were they? He could have come on for Gunnarsson, who didn't have an amazing game and made an impact

You said "Its the kind of game hes used to" ffs.
Hes played 11 games in this country in total, mostly as sub,
yet according to you, hes used to such a big important game

Ridiculous comment. Up there with the best if them. :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:20 pm

CantonJack wrote:
CP76 wrote:

What a numpty

Gunnarsson had a great game he worked his arse off and was limping by the end of it

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:27 pm

CantonJack wrote:
CP76 wrote:

What a numpty

Gunnarson was one of the standout players that match imo and his long throws were a consistent threat to the Liverpool goalmouth.

On topic: I really rated Vuckic but didn't really think he fitted into our style at the time. If, as I think seems to be quite likely with the players we're signing, we play a 4231 formation I think he'd be an excellent player to ave as an option to play behind the striker.

Assuming we play Mutch and Gunnarson as holding midfielders and Whittingham has quite an advanced roll I can see a simple attacking substitution when chasing the game would be to take Mutch off, drop Whitts slightly deeper and put Mason/Vuckic on which would give us a more attacking outlook.