Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ABOUT MY OTHER THREAD

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Ahhhhh right, it appears to be one of those terrible programmes on Channel 4 (I watched one about the EDL a while back) that is blatantly trying to evoke and incite racial intolerance. Think of the producers as those kids in the playground shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!".

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:10 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Ahhhhh right, it appears to be one of those terrible programmes on Channel 4 (I watched one about the EDL a while back) that is blatantly trying to evoke and incite racial intolerance. Think of the producers as those kids in the playground shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!".

Channel 4 talks bull. Guardian is the best news source IMHO.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Ahhhhh right, it appears to be one of those terrible programmes on Channel 4 (I watched one about the EDL a while back) that is blatantly trying to evoke and incite racial intolerance. Think of the producers as those kids in the playground shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!".

It's a cack-handed attempt at creating a debate, I agree, but don't you think that some areas have got a problem with racial intolerance in the UK?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Exactly, they come over here to be "British" yet they keep to each other and dont want to bother with our kind. But as soon as somethings said, its racist!!!

I think "they" (whoever that is) are seeking far more than a useless "British" tag.

I'm sure "they" are, but when it's at the expense of other people, sometimes members of the indigenous population, "they" have to realise there may be consequences.

What does this mean? It just seems like another weak and blurred generalisation.

Now you're sounding like Roath Magic.

When anyone comes to live in this country, or if you or I moved to another country, it would (or should) be expected that the majority language of that country be learnt a.s.a.p. and that the newcomer shows respect to the new country and its people.

It causes friction when that doesn't happen - anywhere in the world - look at Britain's long history of being disrespectful abroad.

I'm sure you understand what I'm on about, but you seem to be trying to create an argument for the "craic."

he doesn't sound like Roath Magic there's no debt mentioned :D

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Scruffy wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Exactly, they come over here to be "British" yet they keep to each other and dont want to bother with our kind. But as soon as somethings said, its racist!!!

I think "they" (whoever that is) are seeking far more than a useless "British" tag.

I'm sure "they" are, but when it's at the expense of other people, sometimes members of the indigenous population, "they" have to realise there may be consequences.

What does this mean? It just seems like another weak and blurred generalisation.

When anyone comes to live in this country, or if you or I moved to another country, it would (or should) be expected that the majority language of that country be learnt a.s.a.p. and that the newcomer shows respect to the new country and its people.

It causes friction when that doesn't happen - anywhere in the world - look at Britain's long history of being disrespectful abroad.

I'm sure you understand what I'm on about, but you seem to be trying to create an argument for the "craic."

he doesn't sound like Roath Magic there's no debt mentioned :D

:lol:

Only for a few seconds. He'll be back on it, any moment now!

:lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

It's a cack-handed attempt at creating a debate, I agree, but don't you think that some areas have got a problem with racial intolerance in the UK?

FACT:

BBC NEWS wrote:In the Rhondda Valley of South Wales an incredible 73% of GPs are south Asian and in the neighbouring Cynon Valley the figure is 71%.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Unfortunately I'm not Roath Magic, so maybe you should let your little obsession go for a while.

I don't particularly want an argument, I just think that non-English speakers are in an insignificant minority with many attempting to at least learn some basic English. Eqaully, respecting this country is very subjective. I for one don't see an issue with Mosques and traditional clothing however there are others who would argue this is disrespectful. What is/isn't respectful is tough to call.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:18 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Unfortunately I'm not Roath Magic, so maybe you should let your little obsession go for a while.

I don't particularly want an argument, I just think that non-English speakers are in an insignificant minority with many attempting to at least learn some basic English. Eqaully, respecting this country is very subjective. I for one don't see an issue with Mosques and traditional clothing however there are others who would argue this is disrespectful. What is/isn't respectful is tough to call.

Nothing wrong with traditional clothing. My (white) mates love it when I wear my kurta. :D

adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

FACT:

BBC NEWS wrote:In the Rhondda Valley of South Wales an incredible 73% of GPs are south Asian and in the neighbouring Cynon Valley the figure is 71%.

Whats that got to do about anything?

adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

FACT:

You'll have to explain the relevance of that reply.

Nedd Glas wrote:

Yeah I think there are issues, however these are exacerbated by the economic climate and the media. That's just my opinion though!
Last edited by OhhhGa on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

FACT:

Answering the part in bold.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:20 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

It's not an obsession, it's my attempt at humour.

As for the rest, fair comment. There are problems in some areas of the UK, though, some of which are smouldering beneath the surface and I feel we all need to look at improvements now, before they get out of hand.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

FACT:

I dont know what point you are trying to make about GP's in the valleys? I might be stupid, i dont know :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

FACT:

It didn't answer the question, though, you just gave me a stat. Answer the question - not that I was asking you, but you can answer it anyway, if you want.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

FACT:

Well, implying the answer anyway. I think not because of what I put above.

How Asian doctors saved the NHS

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Don't know what this forum has come to lately :twisted: :twisted:

All you Pakis..Muslims..and other rednecks can fuckin do one as far as I'm concerned...fuckin parasites the lot of you...come here moaning and groaning and then get benefits which we the taxpayer funds :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You don't like our way of life then f**k off.....hope that's clearly and simple for you...have a nice day now :D

anybody who I've just offended with the above post...............do one :D

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Marc wrote:Don't know what this forum has come to lately :twisted: :twisted:

All you Pakis..Muslims..and other rednecks can fuckin do one as far as I'm concerned...fuckin parasites the lot of you...come here moaning and groaning and then get benefits which we the taxpayer funds :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You don't like our way of life then f**k off.....hope that's clearly and simple for you...have a nice day now :D

This is a joke? BTW we do not take benefits. Read the stats in my other post on this thread.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

FACT:

Well, implying the answer anyway. I think not because of what I put above.

How Asian doctors saved the NHS

The problem with Asian doctors in such communities in the Valleys is that the local community find it difficult to communicate to these doctors due to the accents or standard of english. These are communities which are very poor and have low numbers of asian residents.

I do find it irratating at times whenever I have to deal with a forgein doctor for those reasons as I find it difficult to understand what they are saying whilst discussing problems I have if I have needed to see a doctor

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:The problem with Asian doctors in such communities in the Valleys is that the local community find it difficult to communicate to these doctors due to the accents or standard of english. These are communities which are very poor and have low numbers of asian residents.

I do find it irratating at times whenever I have to deal with a forgein doctor for those reasons as I find it difficult to understand what they are saying whilst discussing problems I have if I have needed to see a doctor

Luckily I understand the Asian accent. :lol: :lol: However other accents are annoying. It is not their fault, is it? ;)

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:32 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:The problem with Asian doctors in such communities in the Valleys is that the local community find it difficult to communicate to these doctors due to the accents or standard of english. These are communities which are very poor and have low numbers of asian residents.

Luckily I understand the Asian accent. :lol: :lol: However other accents are annoying. It is not their fault, is it? ;)

Of course not but it makes things difficult specially if they are doctors

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

Of course not but it makes things difficult specially if they are doctors

I understand but who else is going to do it?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 pm

adz-a32 wrote:

But its not fair on us who cant understand what they are saying when you got a problem, but understandably not their fault. The only Pakistanis or whatever we see around here are behind counters and in the surgery. Just the way it is around here.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:40 pm

seanmogs wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

But its not fair on us who cant understand what they are saying when you got a problem, but understandably not their fault. The only Pakistanis or whatever we see around here are behind counters and in the surgery. Just the way it is around here.

What do you mean by 'behind counters'? That's stereotypical. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:41 pm

My apologies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....my fault for leaving laptop open when having shower :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Marc wrote:

My apologies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....my fault for leaving laptop open when having shower :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Get a password. :oops: :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Yeah I think there are issues, however these are exacerbated by the economic climate and the media. That's just my opinion though!

Agreed. Any solution or do we just hope that it sorts itself out without any tangible intervention?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

Its not he is correct most asian immigrants generally hold a cashier job or as a doctor

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

Its not he is correct most asian immigrants generally hold a cashier job or as a doctor

I know. Note the laughs. :lol: :lol: Now what job should I have? :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:26 pm

seanmogs wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:Soz for any offense. I know it does not apply for 99.99% of the people on here but I was offended by a couple of comments. I know some of you were thinking "why is this kid standing up for AK" and I'll answer why: the Asian community is like one massive family. Sorry again. :ayatollah:

Therein lies the problem. Why aren't we ALL one massive family? It works both ways.

Same counld be said about us when we move over to spain.
We don't bother to learn the language.
We start opening fish and chip shop
Start opening British pubs ( ie Welsh bar, Paddy's , Siant George's, Linikers, Scots pub etc )
And then we all live in Ex pat communities anf tend to mostly associate with Ex pat's.

So i dont think it's just a Muslim thing, it's that we are all human and we like to gravitate to what we know and what's fimilier.