Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ABOUT MY OTHER THREAD

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Soz for any offense. I know it does not apply for 99.99% of the people on here but I was offended by a couple of comments. I know some of you were thinking "why is this kid standing up for AK" and I'll answer why: the Asian community is like one massive family. Sorry again. :ayatollah:

Re: ABOUT MY OTHER THREAD

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:40 pm

adz-a32 wrote:Soz for any offense. I know it does not apply for 99.99% of the people on here but I was offended by a couple of comments. I know some of you were thinking "why is this kid standing up for AK" and I'll answer why: the Asian community is like one massive family. Sorry again. :ayatollah:

Therein lies the problem. Why aren't we ALL one massive family? It works both ways.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:Soz for any offense. I know it does not apply for 99.99% of the people on here but I was offended by a couple of comments. I know some of you were thinking "why is this kid standing up for AK" and I'll answer why: the Asian community is like one massive family. Sorry again. :ayatollah:

Therein lies the problem. Why aren't we ALL one massive family? It works both ways.

True. Just is that racism being huge in Southall etc during the 70s brought us together and it lasted for generations. (Not playing the race card).

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Exactly, they come over here to be "British" yet they keep to each other and dont want to bother with our kind. But as soon as somethings said, its racist!!!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Racism is a two way street!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:47 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

True. Just is that racism being huge in Southall etc during the 70s brought us together and it lasted for generations. (Not playing the race card).

Things could've changed since the 70s, if we ALL worked at it. The true is, white people moved out of places like Southall, Heston, Hounslow etc.

Were they all racist, or did they face racism?

Why, after decades of living in the UK (in some cases), are there so many people who don't speak English? Could that be deemed racist, the fact that they have ignored the majority language of the country they live in? Does that show respect to the indigenous population?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Where are your family from? Not where are you living now but just your background?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Things could've changed since the 70s, if we ALL worked at it. The true is, white people moved out of places like Southall, Heston, Hounslow etc.

Why, after decades of living in the UK (in some cases), are there so many people who don't speak English? Could that be deemed racist, the fact that they have ignored the majority language of the country they live in? Does that show respect to the indigenous population?

Moving out of areas is not racist. Why come to the UK and "no speak English"? Does my head in! :?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:51 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Where are your family from? Not where are you living now but just your background?

Umm... Have a guess. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:52 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

I don't know. Tell us, the specific country.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:53 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

A clue is this: some boxer from Bolton who seems to be underrated on here.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:54 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

underrated :lol:

adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Moving out of areas is not racist. Why come to the UK and "no speak English"? Does my head in! :?

If it's like "one massive family" then maybe it's time for someone to call a meeting and decide on the future? Are you brave enough to call such a meeting and fight for improvement? Everyone has a responsibility, not just the white people.

Exactly, they come over here to be "British" yet they keep to each other and dont want to bother with our kind. But as soon as somethings said, its racist!!!

I think "they" (whoever that is) are seeking far more than a useless "British" tag.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:56 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

:lol: You mean overrated.

Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

If it's like "one massive family" then maybe it's time for someone to call a meeting and decide on the future? Are you brave enough to call such a meeting and fight for improvement? Everyone has a responsibility, not just the white people.

Yep and we follow the laws and pay our taxes. Also we work hard.

OhhhGa wrote:

I think "they" (whoever that is) are seeking far more than a useless "British" tag.

Well obviously. But they make a big deal about being British when it suits them.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:57 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

:lol: You mean overrated.

I knew the over-rated part would get a few laughs on here. :old:

OhhhGa wrote:

I'm sure "they" are, but when it's at the expense of other people, sometimes members of the indigenous population, "they" have to realise there may be consequences.

adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

But aren't you 14?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 pm

seanmogs wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

How? We also pay taxes and work and follow laws like any other British citizen.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:00 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

But aren't you 14?

Maybe... But I still follow the laws and my family pay taxes and work all the time.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:00 pm

seanmogs wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Well obviously. But they make a big deal about being British when it suits them.

Who do? When? Give examples, when it comes to a whole race, generalisations don't work.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

I'm sure "they" are, but when it's at the expense of other people, sometimes members of the indigenous population, "they" have to realise there may be consequences.

What does this mean? It just seems like another weak and blurred generalisation.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:02 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Who do? When? Give examples, when it comes to a whole race, generalisations don't work.

Have you seen Make Bradford British?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:03 pm

seanmogs wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

No, but it sounds awful. Is it this weeks flagship scheme in the Daily Mail?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

How? We also pay taxes and work and follow laws like any other British citizen.

And?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

He's been Murdoched! :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
seanmogs wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

I dont know buy it and find out :lol: or go and search it on 4oD

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

What does this mean? It just seems like another weak and blurred generalisation.

Now you're sounding like Roath Magic.

When anyone comes to live in this country, or if you or I moved to another country, it would (or should) be expected that the majority language of that country be learnt a.s.a.p. and that the newcomer shows respect to the new country and its people.

It causes friction when that doesn't happen - anywhere in the world - look at Britain's long history of being disrespectful abroad.

I'm sure you understand what I'm on about, but you seem to be trying to create an argument for the "craic."