Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: It's looking to me like

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:When we move a player or a couple of players out, we then bring in new ones. I honestly think this squad needs to be a lot bigger than last season if we are to go up in the top two places like Vincent Tan has said he wants and has promised.
The squad is far to small and not enough quality players yet.
Any opinions.

Completely agree Annis. We need a better squad than the likes of Leicester and Bolton and can anyone honestly say we do?

What worries me more is people saying we have signed definate quality when they havent even seen them play before.

I trust the recruitment policy malky has installed. He wouldnt waste money on a player he had no belief in

I'm not sure you are right about that. Kenny was firmly a malky signing and by letting him go for nish it's a waste of money.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:When we move a player or a couple of players out, we then bring in new ones. I honestly think this squad needs to be a lot bigger than last season if we are to go up in the top two places like Vincent Tan has said he wants and has promised.
Any opinions.

When did VT promise us promotion? :?

At 2 of the 3 meetings I have been to, his represintives speaking on his behalf, Malky and Alan Whitley.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Any opinions.

It is part of his 'Vision' ;)

:lol:

Yes Tony

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:35 pm

HighXBlue wrote:
Any opinions.

Toally agree - we need 25 players to have a good enough squad.
I'm not overly worried about lack of transfers yet though

Due to the euros none of the premiership teams have made any signicant transfers yet.
Championship teams usually have what the premiership doesnt want or are surplus to requirements in their squads so could be a few more weeks yet.

Jamie, we def need a big squad, I stand by that.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Any opinions.

At 2 of the 3 meetings I have been to, his represintives speaking on his behalf, Malky and Alan Whitley.

Are you sure you've not taken any statements made at these meetings out of context here Annis, as it's one thing wanting and striving for automatic promotion, but promising something that you may not be able to achieve is another thing?

If this statement was made by or on behalf of VT, surely this information would have been disclosed earlier than this? :? :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Any opinions.

Are you sure you've not taken any statements made at these meetings out of context here Annis, as it's one thing wanting and striving for automatic promotion, but promising something that you may not be able to achieve is another thing?

If this statement was made by or on behalf of VT, surely this information would have been disclosed earlier than this? :? :ayatollah:

Tg has now stated also for the second year running its top 2 for us, nothing else.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Any opinions.

Tg has now stated also for the second year running its top 2 for us, nothing else.

Hope he's fecking right then, as I've got potential winnings of £1,600 riding on it! :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:13 pm

I think the word was promise.I can't remember reading anywhere that he's actualy promised us a top 2 spot.Like OtM says theres a big difference between the 2 meanings.For me the recent signings signify that were going to have a right old go and thats good enough for me.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I think the word was promise.I can't remember reading anywhere that he's actualy promised us a top 2 spot. Like OtM says theres a big difference between the 2 meanings. For me the recent signings signify that were going to have a right old go and thats good enough for me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Definitely agree we need more annis. But personally think malky prefers having young up and coming players filling the bench rather than 30odd year olds who are more likely to question him on why they aren't starting, I would prefer another 4 seasons pro's who have been and done it and can step in when needed. This can compliment, harris, jarvis, mason etc. A target man, utility defender, big man in midfield and a winger.

West ham had a huge squad, southamptons was a fair size. Its a massively long season esp if we have a cup run again. And this has to be our season to go for promotion.