Re: Chris Burke

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Hope so

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Would be pleased if we did! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Birmingham do not want to sell him to Norwich so I can't see any truth in that. I can't even see them selling for that price either as he was their best player by a long way last season.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Sorry you cant let a player leave for free and a year later buy him back for £1;8m. :evil: :evil:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:05 pm

We see to have a habit of leaving decent players go, e.g Burke, Mc Cormack, Bothroyd etc for little or no money. Miller could be another one added to this list if he goes.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:Heard we have bid 1.8mill for him

Any1 reckon this could be true?

Rubbish, I wouldnt want anyone that turned their back on the City. In short "f**k him". :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:19 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

Rubbish, I wouldnt want anyone that turned their back on the City. In short "f**k him". :lol:

He turned his back on dave jones, most would of done the same

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Dave Jones is not Cardiff City, Burke stated he wanted to go home to Scotland for family reasons and ended up in the midlands.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:26 pm

very rarely works for anyone coming back (bellers hopefully, lol) chops, koumas etc........

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 pm

I would love to see us re-sign Burke! Quality player and could be the difference between play-offs and top 2 :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:48 pm

theclaw wrote:Sorry you cant let a player leave for free and a year later buy him back for £1;8m. :evil: :evil:

Sort of the opposite we did with Miller.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:49 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Dave Jones is not Cardiff City, Burke stated he wanted to go home to Scotland for family reasons and ended up in the midlands.

He just wanted to get away from DJ, that is why he said family reasons. most prob if he had known that DJ would of been on his way he would of still been here. I would have him back in a flash

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Could someone find a direct quote from Burke saying he wanted to leave for family reasons? I don't think he ever said that though a few people on message boards put the words in his mouth and others have regarded it as fact ever since. What he did want was £25k a week which we wouldn't give him . That's why he moved.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Nemo wrote:Could someone find a direct quote from Burke saying he wanted to leave for family reasons? I don't think he ever said that though a few people on message boards put the words in his mouth and others have regarded it as fact ever since. What he did want was £25k a week which we wouldn't give him . That's why he moved.

This is true. Burke never had family reasons to leave.

Infact I believe that Chris's family had actually moved back down to Cardiff with him and therefore he did not leave for family reasons.

I spoke to Chris after his last game for us and he was hoping he could stay. If you were offered double your salary elsewhere I bet you would move as well. I know I would.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Conway, Conway, Kim, Harries and maybe Bellamy? I think we'd have too many in that area (although I guess maybe MM wants CB as a forward). But i'd welcome him here than see him go to another Championship club and rip it up.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:16 pm

RFMH wrote:Conway, Conway, Kim, Harries and maybe Bellamy? I think we'd have too many in that area (although I guess maybe MM wants CB as a forward). But i'd welcome him here than see him go to another Championship club and rip it up.

Have we signed conway's brother? :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
RFMH wrote:Conway, Conway, Kim, Harries and maybe Bellamy? I think we'd have too many in that area (although I guess maybe MM wants CB as a forward). But i'd welcome him here than see him go to another Championship club and rip it up.

Have we signed conway's brother? :lol:

That or Mr Conway Twiddy

Blame working nights, this feels like 4am to me :P

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Would love to have Burke back but would need someone else to play when it's sunny!