Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

do you think man landed on the moon in 1969

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 pm

i find it a little hard to believe that we had the technology at that time,i think that it has happened since but at a much later date :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: do you think man landed on the moon in 1969

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 pm

:bs:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:32 pm

The tensions between sides of the cold war was at breaking point at the time.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Think its Been proven mate. The apollo moon landings left instruments on the moon surface that are now being used by nasa and other space agency's to measure the exact distance the moon is away from earth. And how far its moving away from earth each year by aiming laser type things at the instruments. Think they have also taken pictures of the moonlanding sites with The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter which was sent to map the moon in detail in 2009 :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:38 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Think its Been proven mate. The apollo moon landings left instruments on the moon surface that are now being used by nasa and other space agency's to measure the exact distance the moon is away from earth. And how far its moving away from earth each year by aiming laser type things at the instruments. Think they have also taken pictures of the moonlanding sites with The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter which was sent to map the moon in detail in 2009 :ayatollah:

The big rumour is that the pictures were from the Canary Islands due to the volcanic ash on those Islands and isn't there something about the shadows of the individuals not being in the correct position..?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Angry Man wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:Think its Been proven mate. The apollo moon landings left instruments on the moon surface that are now being used by nasa and other space agency's to measure the exact distance the moon is away from earth. And how far its moving away from earth each year by aiming laser type things at the instruments. Think they have also taken pictures of the moonlanding sites with The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter which was sent to map the moon in detail in 2009 :ayatollah:

The big rumour is that the pictures were from the Canary Islands due to the volcanic ash on those Islands and isn't there something about the shadows of the individuals not being in the correct position..?

this :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:17 pm

They are just reflector dishes which could have been placed there by unmaned space missions.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Angry Man wrote:

I'm not sure mate, I'm no expert but think it would be pretty hard to fake the images and data being sent back from the LRO when there's a lot of diff agencys around the world involved in the prodject! I'm just going by what I seen on the sky at night program anyway, and them boffins seemed pretty convinced :lol: no doubt Going to the Moon was
difficult with 1960s technology..but Faking it and convincing large numbers of diff agencys and
people to keep quiet about
it all these years would have been impossible imo. Not everyone can keep a secret. Plus nasa surly would have realised back then that technology moves on, and one day the technology would be around to prove it was fake if indeed they did actually fake it :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Yes definately - but then again I thought both Harry Redknapp and John Terry were guilty as charged :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 pm

:D :D :D :old:
Yes we did, and some members on this board are still up there.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:43 pm

If the Americans didn't land on the moon, don't you think someone at the time might have benefitted from proving that they didn't?

Say some adversary to the United States?

Some global super power that had plans to go to the moon itself?

Yes they went to the moon if they had faked it the Russians would have pointed that out :roll:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:31 pm

krabb wrote:i find it a little hard to believe that we had the technology at that time,i think that it has happened since but at a much later date :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There is no question that they did land on the moon in 1969, firstly astronomers at greenwich observatory at the time, listerned in on every conversation between the astronauts and mission contro,l even the ones which never made public viewing, also, up until then the russians led the way in the space race, they were the first to put a satilite in space, they were the first to put a animal in space and also the first to put a human in space, to be beaten by the yanks on the moon landing left them devastated, if it was all made up do you not think the russians would have been the ones to let the world know?????

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 pm

no i dont firstly look at the footage no atmosphere on the moon but flags are waving / also no such thing as shadows on the moon look at footage long shadows lol :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:24 pm

No,it was recorded in a film studio :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:28 pm

kalamazoomakone wrote:no i dont firstly look at the footage no atmosphere on the moon but flags are waving / also no such thing as shadows on the moon look at footage long shadows lol :old: :ayatollah:

no such things as shadows on the moon?

who told you that ffs? any thing that light touches can cause a shadow, the moon is no exception.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 pm

kalamazoomakone wrote:no i dont firstly look at the footage no atmosphere on the moon but flags are waving / also no such thing as shadows on the moon look at footage long shadows lol :old: :ayatollah:

I think you would benefit from watching this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmNz2-IS7gY

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

cityone wrote:
krabb wrote:i find it a little hard to believe that we had the technology at that time,i think that it has happened since but at a much later date :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There is no question that they did land on the moon in 1969, firstly astronomers at greenwich observatory at the time, listerned in on every conversation between the astronauts and mission contro,l even the ones which never made public viewing, also, up until then the russians led the way in the space race, they were the first to put a satilite in space, they were the first to put a animal in space and also the first to put a human in space, to be beaten by the yanks on the moon landing left them devastated, if it was all made up do you not think the russians would have been the ones to let the world know?????

maybe the russians could prove nothing...maybe what they done was fake...just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 pm

There's video evidence mate. Look it up.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Karl wrote:There's video evidence mate. Look it up.

video evidence of what???

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm

krabb wrote:

The moon landing.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm

krabb wrote:

The moon landing.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:01 pm

The 'original' footage has a huge number of inconsistencies, incorrect light sources creating shadows and reflections that shouldn't exist. That said perhaps the Yanks did make it there but also created some additional footage to make sure the mission was a seen by the world to be such a phenomanal success - the delivery of the footage live from the moon with such quality really would have pushed technological limitations of the time.

However, as mentioned above there is third party evidence (such as the Greenwich observatory listening in on the conversations) to suggest they did make it also.

I believe the yanks created the extra footage as a back up if the mission failed. The mission succeeded but the actual moon footage was of terrible quality and probably looked fake so they then decided to use the fake footage because it was more realistic looking.

If that makes sense.

I have a similar theory on Derek Accora
:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 pm

the footage is real, its been proven to be real by the new technology that's around today that can prove without doubt that the apollo moon landings were not fake, every theory that says the moonlandings were fake have been torn apart by facts. The weird shadows, and the flag moving etc have been explained a million times yet there are still people that won't let themselves believe it.. always looking for another angle to attack with lol simple fact is, you can't fake something like that! There were close to 400.000 people involved in the apollo missions in some way or another. Be fekin hard to keep just a handfull quiet all these years nevermind all of them. Nasa would have known back then that it be pointless faking such a thing, because technology moves on and in the end they would get found out anyway. The problem with these conspiracy theorist is they live in a world of fantasy not facts!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:39 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:The 'original' footage has a huge number of inconsistencies, incorrect light sources creating shadows and reflections that shouldn't exist. That said perhaps the Yanks did make it there but also created some additional footage to make sure the mission was a seen by the world to be such a phenomanal success - the delivery of the footage live from the moon with such quality really would have pushed technological limitations of the time.

However, as mentioned above there is third party evidence (such as the Greenwich observatory listening in on the conversations) to suggest they did make it also.

I believe the yanks created the extra footage as a back up if the mission failed. The mission succeeded but the actual moon footage was of terrible quality and probably looked fake so they then decided to use the fake footage because it was more realistic looking.

If that makes sense.

I have a similar theory on Derek Accora
:ayatollah:

Fair points made, Grenwich observatory admitted years later that they evesdropped on the whole operation, in fact there was a programe on with the actual observatory people who were involved, they explained how they had to keep quiet about it for years after. It has also been explained by Nasa why there were shadows, why you couldn,t see stars in the background and why the flags were slightly moving, on the same programe astronomers in the US said "why don,t they come and ask us" these are the people who send laser signals to two fixed reflector points placed on the moon by Armstrong and Aldrich, the reason for this is to measure the distance the moon is from the earth and by how much it,s moving away from us each year, they measure this about 250 times a year. The biggest threat to the mission was always going to be launching off the moons surface, Nixon had a pre written script ready to read out to the world if they didn,t make it off the surface, fortunatly he read the other one, claiming a great achievement.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:48 pm

And the reason why the footage looks so crisp and good now is because its been digitally re'masterd like they do with old movies. The original footage shown to the world in the 60s was real grainy. Just over the years they've been able to sharpen the footage up as digital technology has progressed.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:17 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:And the reason why the footage looks so crisp and good now is because its been digitally re'masterd like they do with old movies. The original footage shown to the world in the 60s was real grainy. Just over the years they've been able to sharpen the footage up as digital technology has progressed.

similar to the JFK Assassination, they could figure out if there was a 2nd shooter from a different angle due to remasterd video!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:22 am

ffs it happened :lol: do you think that Russia at the time wouldnt of said anything ?