Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellers/QPR seems like good news for us!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 am

Queens Park Rangers boss Mark Hughes has played down reports that he is set to sign Craig Bellamy from Liverpool.

It has been suggested that Rangers are lining up a move to lure Bellamy away from Anfield this summer.

Bellamy's future at Liverpool has been the subject of speculation all summer with Cardiff declaring an interest in re-signing the forward.

Hughes, who worked with Bellamy with Wales and Manchester City, is a big admirer of the 33-year-old, but has cooled talk of an imminent move for the player.

"There has been a lot of speculation over Craig. Yes I know him very well. But at the moment it is all speculation," said Hughes.

Hughes has vowed Rangers will do better than last season after escaping relegation on the final day of the season.

"Now I have more time to prepare the side and get the quality players that were lacking before," added Hughes.

"I can say that QPR has a great future and obviously we will do better than last season. We are confident that we won't be struggling."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... llamy-talk

Re: Bellers/QPR seems like good news for us!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:31 am

I think it's pretty safe to say that he will join us after the Olympics barring any injuries. It makes sense for both parties (Cardiff and Bellamy) because if he picks up an injury he can return to liverpool on £60k+ a week to see out his contract, instead of it costing us around £30k+ a week.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:32 am

blooobirds wrote:I think it's pretty safe to say that he will join us after the Olympics barring any injuries. It makes sense for both parties (Cardiff and Bellamy) because if he picks up an injury he can return to liverpool on £60k+ a week to see out his contract, instead of it costing us around £30k+ a week.

Good point.....lets hope he doesn't get injuired then and see him back in a city shirt

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Mark Hughes wants pace going forward & Bellamy is a target IF we don't get our number 1 target Junior Hoillett.

Bells is coming home I'd say :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:25 pm

its either cardiff or seeing out his contract at liverpool in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
hoiletts a great player,qpr really going for it

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Mark Hughes wants pace going forward & Bellamy is a target IF we don't get our number 1 target Junior Hoillett.

Bells is coming home I'd say :ayatollah:

Did you mean Bells is GOING home.... ;)

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:15 pm

did you see the welsh news tonight? said. looks unlikely bellamy will stay with liverpool, also.its on a liverpool messageboard. that he has had talks with brenda. and brenda said. i have you in my plans for the future? :roll:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:16 pm

ninianblue wrote:did you see the welsh news tonight? said. looks unlikely bellamy will stay with liverpool, also.its on a liverpool messageboard. that he has had talks with brenda. and brenda said. i have you in my plans for the future? :roll:

sorry should have read, unlikely bellamy will be coming to cardiff :oops:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:41 pm

ninianblue wrote:did you see the welsh news tonight? said. looks unlikely bellamy will stay with liverpool, also.its on a liverpool messageboard. that he has had talks with brenda. and brenda said. i have you in my plans for the future? :roll:

That's disappointing after everything else that's been said etc

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:35 pm

That's an old story.

Bellers is coming home. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Merlin wrote:That's an old story.

Bellers is coming home. :ayatollah:

You do seem extreamly confident Merlin :ayatollah:

I like it :D :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 pm

PMA! ;)