Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Kim signing today - yesssssss

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:07 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Nobody here has seen him play yet he is the best signing we have ever made? :?

I just dont understand some people. I thoght we were all reluctantly chosing to go along with the rebrand for financial security? So how come everyone is loving the fact we are probably making losses now on a scale never before seen? Who is covering the ever increasing shortfall? Tan? at 7%?

Doesnt that mean we will be in £100 of debt in 5 years time? with Tan owning 100% of our club?

And you want me to be excited as we have signed some Asian nobody had heard of before he was linked to us?

give over.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You wouldn't be happy even if we got promoted and then won the Premier League. :lol:

have we then? or are we still a championship club shipping shed oads of money when already in rippling debt? the two seem quite different to me.

I just dont understand what people are happy about.

ITs like a man being in debt by 100k and getting excited that hes managed to get another high limit credit card to buy a new car.

Still banging the drum?

Keep it going.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Nobody here has seen him play yet he is the best signing we have ever made? :?

I just dont understand some people. I thoght we were all reluctantly chosing to go along with the rebrand for financial security? So how come everyone is loving the fact we are probably making losses now on a scale never before seen? Who is covering the ever increasing shortfall? Tan? at 7%?

Doesnt that mean we will be in £100 of debt in 5 years time? with Tan owning 100% of our club?

And you want me to be excited as we have signed some Asian nobody had heard of before he was linked to us?

give over.

You wouldn't be happy even if we got promoted and then won the Premier League. :lol:

have we then? or are we still a championship club shipping shed oads of money when already in rippling debt? the two seem quite different to me.

ITs like a man being in debt by 100k and getting excited that hes managed to get another high limit credit card to buy a new car.

Are you on suicide watch Butty, cos you seem awfully depressed about something you have no control over?

Isnt it the same principle asgetting excited over something you have no control over.

Oh I wish I could be that mind numbed to just see the immediate future. Like getting excited over a steak dinner completely ignoring it is your last meal before execution. oh well, people will learn :roll:

Just out of interest. Do you think its a little odd that a matter of weeks ago people were outraged by the debt levels and now creaming themselves over more lavish spending on an even greater scale? :?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:10 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

give over.

have we then? or are we still a championship club shipping shed loads of money when already in crippling debt? the two seem quite different to me.

Any excuse to be negative :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:10 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Still banging the drum?

Keep it going.

You disagree then?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Any excuse to be negative :lol:

You really see this an ''any excuse''?

Surely the fact we are paying £2.2 million for him plus £1.1 million each year for 3 years plus signing on fee is more than a little concerning considering we have been told in no uncertain terms that we cannot continue operating with losses of £1.2 million a month?

Well its now £1.3 million and rising....

RoathMagic wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

give over.

Are you on suicide watch Butty, cos you seem awfully depressed about something you have no control over?

Isnt it the same principle asgetting excited over something you have no control over.

Oh I wish I could be that mind numbed to just see the immediate future. Like getting excited over a steak dinner completely ignoring it is your last meal before execution. oh well, people will learn :roll:

Just out of interest. Do you think its a little odd that a matter of weeks ago people were outraged by the debt levels and now creaming themselves over more lavish spending on an even greater scale? :?

Far too many other things to worry about than what VT does with his money, but I'd rather make the most of the good things happening with our club atm, than worry about something I've got no control over!

RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Still banging the drum?

Keep it going.

You disagree then?

Would not agree with you on almost most things.

You keep banging the drum you got though.
We have all heard what you have say, but keep it coming.
Boom boom boom! :D

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 pm

A perfectly good thread, ruined by an attention seeking jack talking about our investment.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 pm

SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Still banging the drum?

Keep it going.

You disagree then?

So you dont agree we are losing £1.2 million a month and £14.4 million a year? and you dont agree this signing alone will take those losses to £15.5 million?

You seem to be disagreeing with facts. :?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 pm

droopy wrote:A perfectly good thread, ruined by an attention seeking jack talking about our high interest secured loan.

edited for you

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Still banging the drum?

Keep it going.

You disagree then?

So you dont agree we are losing £1.2 million a month and £14.4 million a year? and you dont agree this signing alone will take those losses to £15.5 million?

Oi Jack b*stard,

Listen up... I have a very simple sentence for you to digest: -

Speculate to accumulate.

Now f**k off back to your own forum!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

Surely the fact we are paying £2.2 million for him plus £1.1 million each year for 3 years plus signing on fee is more than a little concerning considering we have been told in no uncertain terms that we cannot continue operating with losses of £1.2 million a month?

We're screwed now :o :o :o :o

Get the tissues Jack :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:17 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

We're screwed now :o :o :o :o

Get the tissues Jack :lol:

:lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:18 pm

droopy wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Still banging the drum?

Keep it going.

You disagree then?

Oi Jack b*stard,

Speculate to accumulate.

Ok, so by speculating £15.5 million of someone elses money every year that we will then owe... what are you expecting to accumulate?

We have been through the figures on another thread where I proved that promotion would see us lose even more money, we are not a feasable business at the moment.

So unless you are willing to discuss it, then id stay away from the cliches... especially those used by bankrupt gamblers.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
droopy wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Still banging the drum?

Keep it going.

You disagree then?

Oi Jack b*stard,

Speculate to accumulate.

Ok, so by speculating £15.5 million of someone elses money every year that we will then owe... what are you expecting to accumulate?

We have been through the figures on another thread where I proved that promotion would see us lose even more money, we are not a feasable business at the moment.

So unless you are willing to discuss it, then id stay away from the cliches... especially those used by bankrupt gamblers.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Looks like VT is making good his promise to invest in squad players. Hope this signing comes off. Don't know much about him (apart from what has been shown on limited YouTube clips etc...)

But if he is that good and makes a big impression £2.5m could look like a snip as to what his sell on value could be in a few years (should he decide to go). :ayatollah:

Can't fail to notice Roath having another go at being the board's accountant. I would just like to ask one question..where were your posts when HMRC were about to nail us? (or were you posting under a different guise?)

Whether your maths and Mystic Meg predictions come true remains to be seen. Which is why I will not argue what you say may or may not come true.

However what I will put to you is that I would suggest VT is rich for many reasons. One being he is a very very shrewd businessman. I bet he also knows that he is unlikley to get the money he has put into the club already, back - unless (as has been previously stated) some other rich guy comes in & takes the club off his hands for a price agreed between the two.

So my point is - why the constant negativity surrounding money all the time? It's his cash, not ours, he can do with it as he wants & obvioulsy knows what he is doing. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:25 pm

SBF1 wrote:

You disagree?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:26 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
droopy wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Still banging the drum?

Keep it going.

You disagree then?

Oi Jack b*stard,

Speculate to accumulate.

Your obviously an attention seeking jack and have no idea how big promotion to the premier league would be for the CAPITAL of wales. It's not just ticket sales, it's merchandise and sponsorship income from the very biggest companies in the world that would see us a massive force.

But listen, you keep being negative, and hating everything about the current regime and I will be there next season supporting the lads and Malky to the premier league!! And you will be watching (I assume your not just an armchair supporter of the jacks) your team get relegated under an unproven manager and last season an over-achieving team! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

You disagree?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:34 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:Looks like VT is making good his promise to invest in squad players. Hope this signing comes off. Don't know much about him (apart from what has been shown on limited YouTube clips etc...)

But if he is that good and makes a big impression £2.5m could look like a snip as to what his sell on value could be in a few years (should he decide to go). :ayatollah:

Can't fail to notice Roath having another go at being the board's accountant. I would just like to ask one question..where were your posts when HMRC were about to nail us? (or were you posting under a different guise?)

Whether your maths and Mystic Meg predictions come true remains to be seen. Which is why I will not argue what you say may or may not come true.

However what I will put to you is that I would suggest VT is rich for many reasons. One being he is a very very shrewd businessman. I bet he also knows that he is unlikley to get the money he has put into the club already, back - unless (as has been previously stated) some other rich guy comes in & takes the club off his hands for a price agreed between the two.

So my point is - why the constant negativity surrounding money all the time? It's his cash, not ours, he can do with it as he wants & obvioulsy knows what he is doing. :ayatollah:

Tan is a very shrewd businessman indeed, thats why he knows he can spin you a yarn about what his plans for the club are even though they dont add up to anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

Tan invested £6 million initially for 40% of the company, Cardiff City. We were on the brink of promotion so the risk reward ratio was fantastic as any businessman will tell you. We didnt get promoted and then had threats to be wound up, leaving his £6 million investment in touble....

Tan saw an opportunity to loan the club the shortfall adding 7% interest, that staved off the threat to his investment and saw him earn more money from the club... we failed for promotion again and now the loan notes plus initial investment rose to nearly £40 million. This was again being jeapordised by the presence of Sam Hammam who has the power to send the club into administration and again Tan probably losing his money... what does he do? He does what any businesman would do, get rid of the threat by getting rid of all historical debt and then turning it into equity so he owns the whole club.

Then that £40 million unsecured loan is now a £60 million secured one. He has players to sell, including the ones hes buying now and he has the stadium. He has already covered the next 12 month shortfall in the investment and wont be covering it again as e will be etering into unsecured loan territory again. So we have this year to go up or he will be asset stripping and leaving us high and dry.

There really is no business based counter to that, its clear what hes doing. But the average joe fan will be completely oblivious and getting excited over news such as this. its my job to warn, and I believe im doing a good ob.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:39 pm

not worth it mate, people dont care unfortunately

when it all comes crashing down of course it will be too late

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:43 pm

pengedragon wrote:not worth it mate, people dont care unfortunately

when it all comes crashing down of course it will be too late

Just cant believe how uneducated people are that they arent even willing to do the sums themselves to see if its viable, I mean they are supposed to care about our club yet getting excited that our debt levels are rising far more than most businesses can handle.

There is only one way this is ending and it isnt going to be pretty. I blame Sam for infecting our fans with his promotion at all costs slogan. IT now seems some would rather us cease to exist in 12 months time only to have 1 last go.

Sad.
Last edited by RoathMagic on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:44 pm

fair enough. I don't confess to know enough about the financial ethics which is why I asked, and said I wouldn't argue (apart from I still can't see how he plans to make his money back, or make a profit unless he strikes gold and we become a global sensation over the coming years that everyone wants a piece of!)

But (again without stirring it up) I'm sure you can see why so many on here are oppose what you say (whether you are a Cardiff fan, Swans fan or a River Plate fan! I couldn't care!!) you do come across as very underwhelming to say the least and let's be blunt, everyone can speculate but no one has the foggiest idea what is going to happen.

I won't harp on about what we were like 20 years ago but I was there weekly standing on the bob bank amongst the 1000 watching Barnet etc...and if you had told me that in 20 years we'd be where we are today I would've laughed at you!

So all I'm saying is relax! Whatever happens will happen. There's nothing anyone of else can do, so let's just enjoy the ride until, like you suggest, it all blows up in our faces - which who knows, may well be the case!

But I for one am liking not having to read up about winding up orders for a while at least. And I'm sure most Rangers and Portsmouth fans would love to be in our position. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:50 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:fair enough. I don't confess to know enough about the financial ethics which is why I asked, and said I wouldn't argue (apart from I still can't see how he plans to make his money back, or make a profit unless he strikes gold and we become a global sensation over the coming years that everyone wants a piece of!)

But (again without stirring it up) I'm sure you can see why so many on here are oppose what you say (whether you are a Cardiff fan, Swans fan or a River Plate fan! I couldn't care!!) you do come across as very underwhelming to say the least and let's be blunt, everyone can speculate but no one has the foggiest idea what is going to happen.

I won't harp on about what we were like 20 years ago but I was there weekly standing on the bob bank amongst the 1000 watching Barnet etc...and if you had told me that in 20 years we'd be where we are today I would've laughed at you!

So all I'm saying is relax! Whatever happens will happen. There's nothing anyone of else can do, so let's just enjoy the ride until, like you suggest, it all blows up in our faces - which who knows, may well be the case!

But I for one am liking not having to read up about winding up orders for a while at least. And I'm sure most Rangers and Portsmouth fans would love to be in our position. :ayatollah:

Exactly.
The thing is, how can anyone do anything about it anyway?
If you hear a boom boom boom for long enough, it just becomes background noise and you get used to it.
Keep boom boom booming RM! :D

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:56 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
droopy wrote:A perfectly good thread, ruined by an attention seeking jack talking about our high interest secured loan.

edited for you

Interesting edit!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:57 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:fair enough. I don't confess to know enough about the financial ethics which is why I asked, and said I wouldn't argue (apart from I still can't see how he plans to make his money back, or make a profit unless he strikes gold and we become a global sensation over the coming years that everyone wants a piece of!) - exactly, thats the point he isnt going to make his money back through footballing reasons. The finances allows him one last free stab at promotion and the Sky money, if it fails the only way he will get his money back is to sell the players and real estate and then pass the club on. Otherwise he will be paying £16 million to cover our shortfall for another season for the chance of £40 million sky money giving him 2.5-1 on his season investment. Hes be better off pulling out and sticking the £16 million on us to get promoted at 4-1. Which is why any business orientated personw ill tell you its this season or bust.

I won't harp on about what we were like 20 years ago but I was there weekly standing on the bob bank amongst the 1000 watching Barnet etc...and if you had told me that in 20 years we'd be where we are today I would've laughed at you! When people realise what going on they would to a man prefer to be back watching us play Barnet. If we continue this way we could only dream of playing the likes of Barnet.

So all I'm saying is relax! Whatever happens will happen. There's nothing anyone of else can do, so let's just enjoy the ride until, like you suggest, it all blows up in our faces - which who knows, may well be the case! Agree on the part where theres nothing anyone can do, we had our chance and didnt come up with the backbone. But I find it very hard to swallow our own fans getting excited by our demise.

But I for one am liking not having to read up about winding up orders for a while at least. And I'm sure most Rangers and Portsmouth fans would love to be in our position. :ayatollah: We are not too different from Rangers. Although Rangers are so important to the Scottish league they were allowed back in the third division. We wont be so lucky.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:59 pm

SBF1 wrote:
BobBankLoyalist wrote:fair enough. I don't confess to know enough about the financial ethics which is why I asked, and said I wouldn't argue (apart from I still can't see how he plans to make his money back, or make a profit unless he strikes gold and we become a global sensation over the coming years that everyone wants a piece of!)

Exactly.
The thing is, how can anyone do anything about it anyway?
If you hear a boom boom boom for long enough, it just becomes background noise and you get used to it.
Keep boom boom booming RM! :D

I dont think ive asked anyone to do anything about it, well I didn at the time but even I accept its too late now.

Getting excited about it though is another matter.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:00 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BobBankLoyalist wrote:fair enough. I don't confess to know enough about the financial ethics which is why I asked, and said I wouldn't argue (apart from I still can't see how he plans to make his money back, or make a profit unless he strikes gold and we become a global sensation over the coming years that everyone wants a piece of!) - exactly, thats the point he isnt going to make his money back through footballing reasons. The finances allows him one last free stab at promotion and the Sky money, if it fails the only way he will get his money back is to sell the players and real estate and then pass the club on. Otherwise he will be paying £16 million to cover our shortfall for another season for the chance of £40 million sky money giving him 2.5-1 on his season investment. Hes be better off pulling out and sticking the £16 million on us to get promoted at 4-1. Which is why any business orientated personw ill tell you its this season or bust.

I won't harp on about what we were like 20 years ago but I was there weekly standing on the bob bank amongst the 1000 watching Barnet etc...and if you had told me that in 20 years we'd be where we are today I would've laughed at you! When people realise what going on they would to a man prefer to be back watching us play Barnet. If we continue this way we could only dream of playing the likes of Barnet.

So all I'm saying is relax! Whatever happens will happen. There's nothing anyone of else can do, so let's just enjoy the ride until, like you suggest, it all blows up in our faces - which who knows, may well be the case! Agree on the part where theres nothing anyone can do, we had our chance and didnt come up with the backbone. But I find it very hard to swallow our own fans getting excited by our demise.

But I for one am liking not having to read up about winding up orders for a while at least. And I'm sure most Rangers and Portsmouth fans would love to be in our position. :ayatollah: We are not too different from Rangers. Although Rangers are so important to the Scottish league they were allowed back in the third division. We wont be so lucky.

Please, someone praise him, before he kills himself!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

edited for you

Interesting edit!

no Cardiff fan would want to be labelled a Jack and that would be the first thing you'd edit if you were a real Cardiff fan. :lol:

id say busted but its been that obvious from the start, cant find it in him/her to say anything even slightly positive about Cardiff.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

edited for you

Interesting edit!

no Cardiff fan would want to be labelled a Jack and that would be the first thing you'd edit if you were a real Cardiff fan. :lol:

id say busted but its been that obvious from the start, cant find it in him/her to say anything even slightly positive about Cardiff.

True.

He/she is almost funny at times, but mostly just a bore. I'm worried about his/her sanity with this obsession of his/hers.