Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kim signing today - yesssssss

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 am

Best signing we will have made for years - this is one hell of a player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Kim signing today - yesssssss

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 am

ihatealiens wrote:Best signing we will have made for years - this is one hell of a player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cant wait to see him play :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 am

ihatealiens wrote:Best signing we will have made for years - this is one hell of a player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I damn hope so if we're paying 2.5 mill for him :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:26 am

Is he though?

Do you know it is today?

I hope so... :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18851139

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:28 am

Can't wait to see Roath Magic and Angry Man post how happy they are! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:29 am

Quality signing - Finally some flair! Good work Malky :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:30 am

SBF1 wrote:Can't wait to see Roath Magic and Angry Man post how happy they are! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially Roath Magic Daps, although he will mention how much the player is costing us and the cost over the next year and how much that will add to our debt and..........

Yawn.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:30 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18851139

BBC just guess at everything... I can't wait until this is on the official website. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:31 am

Like I said on Saturday, always relevant and I always read them.

:thumbup:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:Can't wait to see Roath Magic and Angry Man post how happy they are! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially Roath Magic Daps, although he will mention how much the player is costing us and the cost over the next year and how much that will add to our debt and..........

Yawn.

Sad innit! :D

This signing hopefully will be a great one. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

Nice One Nedd - Good to talk to you saturday :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:36 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Nice One Nedd - Good to talk to you saturday :ayatollah:

You, too. I meant to ask, are you from Canton?

I used to be able to tell which part of Cardiff people were from years ago, by noticing slightly different accents between areas. Ely sounded different to Llanrumney and Canton different to Grangetown etc.

You sound dead like one of my cousins who grew up in Canton.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 am

Just Bellamy now and we will have one hell of a midfield. Keogh to replace Gerrard when he goes wold like a bit of cover at left back and finish it off with our Striker - the marquee signing. can't wait for the footy at the Olympics now want to see Kim in action. Gotta feeling we will be drooling pmsl :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:39 am

ihatealiens wrote:Just Bellamy now and we will have one hell of a midfield. Keogh to replace Gerrard when he goes wold like a bit of cover at left back and finish it off with our Striker - the marquee signing. can't wait for the footy at the Olympics now want to see Kim in action. Gotta feeling we will be drooling pmsl :ayatollah:

Queens Park Rangers boss Mark Hughes has played down reports that he is set to sign Craig Bellamy from Liverpool.

It has been suggested that Rangers are lining up a move to lure Bellamy away from Anfield this summer.

Bellamy's future at Liverpool has been the subject of speculation all summer with Cardiff declaring an interest in re-signing the forward.

Hughes, who worked with Bellamy with Wales and Manchester City, is a big admirer of the 33-year-old, but has cooled talk of an imminent move for the player.

"There has been a lot of speculation over Craig. Yes I know him very well. But at the moment it is all speculation," said Hughes.

Hughes has vowed Rangers will do better than last season after escaping relegation on the final day of the season.

"Now I have more time to prepare the side and get the quality players that were lacking before," added Hughes.

"I can say that QPR has a great future and obviously we will do better than last season. We are confident that we won't be struggling."

Looking good on the Bellers front as well now! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 am

Cardiff City set to complete move for Kim Bo-Kyung today!

Cardiff City are set to complete a move for highly-rated South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung today.

Malky Mackay has beaten off competition from four other clubs for the 22-year-old midfielder, dubbed the new Park Ji-sung of Asian football.

The 3 million Euro deal will see Kim become the Bluebirds’ latest summer signing following the captures of Joe Lewis, Jordon Mutch and Etien Velikonja.

Kim flew into the UK yesterday with the South Korean Olympic squad and will meet with Cardiff chiefs today in order to tie up the move.

The midfield star revealed he has decided to move to the Welsh capital, despite interest from German champions Borussia Dortmund, Scottish giants Celtic and French aristocrats Monaco.

And, although the player insisted he is ready for the physical demands of the Championship, he conceded his long-term future may not lie with the Bluebirds.

"The Championship is known for its physical play but I'll be ready for it. Ki (Sung-yueng of Celtic) has been giving me valuable advice to help me settle in," Kim told the Japanese and South Korean media.

"Learning the English language is a top priority for me and I'll do my best to fit in with the other players.

"There are other teams in Europe but we agreed on Cardiff City.

"The next step is to play well for the team but Cardiff will not be my first and only club in Europe."

Meanwhile, Cardiff striker Kenny Miller’s move to Vancouver Whitecaps is also set to be completed today, with Mackay happy to let the front-man go following the signing of Velikonja.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -31403569/

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:35 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

Yawn.

It doesn't matter how many players we sign and how many millions we spend, there is still no justification for stripping our identity. Also, Velikonja and Kim are both unproven in the Championship. What if these two fail to adapt? We are spending (or is that loaning?) around 3.5 million to sign these two, people are suddenly thinking because we are bringing a few players in, our rebranding is suddenly alright. It is positive we are bringing players in, and obviously it'll be great if these two produce the goods, but if they don't and we fail to go up this season with the millions we are spending (or loaning), then what will happen to us then? No progression and even more debt, that's what! I really feel this is our defining season, especially with the amounts we are spending (or loaning) to sign players. If we fail to go up this season, I really do fear this will be the beginning of the end of our football club. :(

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Yawn.

It doesn't matter how many players we sign and how many millions we spend, there is still no justification for stripping our identity. Also, Velikonja and Kim are both unproven in the Championship. What if these two fail to adapt? We are spending (or is that loaning?) around 3.5 million to sign these two, people are suddenly thinking because we are bringing a few players in, our rebranding is suddenly alright. It is positive we are bringing players in, and obviously it'll be great if these two produce the goods, but if they don't and we fail to go up this season with the millions we are spending (or loaning), then what will happen to us then? No progression and even more debt, that's what! I really feel this is our defining season, especially with the amounts we are spending (or loaning) to sign players. If we fail to go up this season, I really do fear this will be the beginning of the end of our football club. :(

Spending money, millions and millions will never make the rebranding alright. Who thinks that?
It proves he really is putting money in is all. And that the club are on an upward spiral. The blue
Shirts and more prominent bluebird will be back I reckon.... He's made a big f**k up and when he
Hears bluebird chants all next season... I think he'll realize he's fucked up. That's why I'm trying to
B positive.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Bluebirds bidding to tie up Bo: South Korean star midfielder to play for Mackay

“The Championship is known for its physical play but I’ll be ready for it, I've been given advice to help me settle in."
Malky Mackay: Cardiff boss to welcome Korean star Malky Mackay: Cardiff boss to welcome Korean star
Tom Dulat

South Korea ace Kim-Bo Kyung is on the verge of joining Championship club Cardiff City.

Malky Mackay's side are close to agreeing a move for the £2.4million-rated midfielder from Cerezo Osaka.

And Bo-Kyung, 22, who has also attracted interest from Celtic, has admitted he is ready to make the switch to Europe.

Bo-Kyung said: “There are other teams in Europe but we agreed on Cardiff City.

“The Championship is known for its physical play but I’ll be ready for it.

“Celtic's Ki Sung-Yueng has been giving me valuable advice to help me settle in.

"Learning the English language is a top priority for me and I’ll do my best to fit in with the other players.”

But Bo-Kyung, who cited regular first-team football as a motivator behind his decision, has revealed his ambitions for the long-term.

He added: “The next step is to play well for the team but Cardiff will not be my first and only club in Europe.”

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Bluebirds bidding to tie up Bo: South Korean star midfielder to play for Mackay

“The Championship is known for its physical play but I’ll be ready for it, I've been given advice to help me settle in."
Malky Mackay: Cardiff boss to welcome Korean star Malky Mackay: Cardiff boss to welcome Korean star
Tom Dulat

South Korea ace Kim-Bo Kyung is on the verge of joining Championship club Cardiff City.

Malky Mackay's side are close to agreeing a move for the £2.4million-rated midfielder from Cerezo Osaka.

And Bo-Kyung, 22, who has also attracted interest from Celtic, has admitted he is ready to make the switch to Europe.

Bo-Kyung said: “There are other teams in Europe but we agreed on Cardiff City.

“The Championship is known for its physical play but I’ll be ready for it.

“Celtic's Ki Sung-Yueng has been giving me valuable advice to help me settle in.

"Learning the English language is a top priority for me and I’ll do my best to fit in with the other players.”

But Bo-Kyung, who cited regular first-team football as a motivator behind his decision, has revealed his ambitions for the long-term.

He added: “The next step is to play well for the team but Cardiff will not be my first and only club in Europe.”

Topcat, any idea when this will be officially announced mate? :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Nobody here has seen him play yet he is the best signing we have ever made? :?

I just dont understand some people. I thoght we were all reluctantly chosing to go along with the rebrand for financial security? So how come everyone is loving the fact we are probably making losses now on a scale never before seen? Who is covering the ever increasing shortfall? Tan? at 7%?

Doesnt that mean we will be in £100 of debt in 5 years time? with Tan owning 100% of our club?

And you want me to be excited as we have signed some Asian nobody had heard of before he was linked to us?

give over.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:59 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Nobody here has seen him play yet he is the best signing we have ever made? :?

I just dont understand some people. I thoght we were all reluctantly chosing to go along with the rebrand for financial security? So how come everyone is loving the fact we are probably making losses now on a scale never before seen? Who is covering the ever increasing shortfall? Tan? at 7%?

Doesnt that mean we will be in £100 of debt in 5 years time? with Tan owning 100% of our club?

And you want me to be excited as we have signed some Asian nobody had heard of before he was linked to us?

give over.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You wouldn't be happy even if we got promoted and then won the Premier League. :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:00 pm

If you put this address http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Home

in at the top of this page http://www.lazywebtools.co.uk/refresh.html

It will up date as quick as you like. ;)

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:02 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Nobody here has seen him play yet he is the best signing we have ever made? :?

give over.

I think everybody will be delighted if we only have £100 of debt in 5 years time! :D :lol:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:03 pm

droopy i would be guessing if i named a day..the BBC said this morning he is due to have a medical,before joining the South Korean team for the olympics -

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

give over.

You wouldn't be happy even if we got promoted and then won the Premier League. :lol:

have we then? or are we still a championship club shipping shed loads of money when already in crippling debt? the two seem quite different to me.

I just dont understand what people are happy about.

ITs like a man being in debt by 100k and getting excited that hes managed to get another high limit credit card to buy a new car.
Last edited by RoathMagic on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:05 pm

give over.

Keep banging the drum. :D

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:05 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:droopy i would be guessing if i named a day..the BBC said this morning he is due to have a medical,before joining the South Korean team for the olympics -

Cheers mate... I would like to think it would be today... I cannot wait for this to be announced. Very good acquisition, on the field and for PR/Marketing Purposes! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:06 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

give over.

have we then? or are we still a championship club shipping shed oads of money when already in rippling debt? the two seem quite different to me.

I just dont understand what people are happy about.

ITs like a man being in debt by 100k and getting excited that hes managed to get another high limit credit card to buy a new car.

Are you on suicide watch Butty, cos you seem awfully depressed about something you have no control over?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:07 pm

SBF1 wrote:

give over.

Keep banging the drum. :D

you disagree then?