Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ledley

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:25 am

been to Celtic's pre-season tour-match yesterday at Stuttgarter Kickers. The match itself featured mostly reserve and academy players, the top lads didnt even sit on the bench.
Had a good chat with Ledley after the game, he asked me what I make out of the rebrand and stuff. He basically agrees that the change to red and the loss of our crest is completely unnecessary, and that he shares the anger and disappointment by many Bluebirds fans.
We then had a chat bout the Cardiff team, and he also heard that Miller is most prob off to Vancouver. He said Earnie is the better player compared to Miller, and that he cannot understand why he didnt get a proper chance last season. I agreed on that and expressed hopes Bellamy would sign for us. Ledders said "that would be massive, really hope it's gonna happen".
I asked him how things are with his family and Celtic, and Joe said everything's fine, their camp in Germany goes really well, conditions are perfect etc.
Will hopefully see him in action on Tuesday (at Aalen), Joe didnt play Stuttgart as he had the full 90 mins vs Augsburg last week. He expressed hopes that he and Matthews will play Tuesday while I said "if you do, you gotta do the Ayatollah for me then", and Joe said of course he would do ("Sure man, I'm Cardiff born and bred...") :ayatollah:

decent guy, Joe. Met him twice before when he was still with us, he hasnt changed since. Top lad, very kind, polite and friendly, would love to see him in a blue Cardiff strip again, one day... :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Joe Ledley

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:43 am

Meet joe myself a few years back.

Good post mate....

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:47 am

Hofmeister wrote:been to Celtic's pre-season tour-match yesterday at Stuttgarter Kickers. The match itself featured mostly reserve and academy players, the top lads didnt even sit on the bench.
Had a good chat with Ledley after the game, he asked me what I make out of the rebrand and stuff. He basically agrees that the change to red and the loss of our crest is completely unnecessary, and that he shares the anger and disappointment by many Bluebirds fans.
We then had a chat bout the Cardiff team, and he also heard that Miller is most prob off to Vancouver. He said Earnie is the better player compared to Miller, and that he cannot understand why he didnt get a proper chance last season. I agreed on that and expressed hopes Bellamy would sign for us. Ledders said "that would be massive, really hope it's gonna happen".
I asked him how things are with his family and Celtic, and Joe said everything's fine, their camp in Germany goes really well, conditions are perfect etc.
Will hopefully see him in action on Tuesday (at Aalen), Joe didnt play Stuttgart as he had the full 90 mins vs Augsburg last week. He expressed hopes that he and Matthews will play Tuesday while I said "if you do, you gotta do the Ayatollah for me then", and Joe said of course he would do ("Sure man, I'm Cardiff born and bred...") :ayatollah:

decent guy, Joe. Met him twice before when he was still with us, he hasnt changed since. Top lad, very kind, polite and friendly, would love to see him in a blue Cardiff strip again, one day... :ayatollah:

Nice one Stef, looks like you had a good day out.
Don't know why they are having a pre season though?
Do they need one without Rangers. :D

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 am

2 nice guys together, nice 1 joe, and hope to see you soon Shep. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm

He's getting to look older now aint he? I think he just needs a shave. Top guy, met him after the Sheff Weds home game at CCS

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Hofmeister wrote:been to Celtic's pre-season tour-match yesterday at Stuttgarter Kickers. The match itself featured mostly reserve and academy players, the top lads didnt even sit on the bench.

Thanks for that Hoff, Joe is a great lad who actually loves the City even though he got treated appallingly by them.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:53 pm

My favourite City player when he was with us, met him on that day when everyone was invited to go down Ninian Park for the last time, great lad. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm

seen Joe again playin 2nite at Aalen, he had a good game, first at a defensive midfield position, later as leftback...

and he did the AYATOLLAH in a Celtic shirt during the game, which gave me and my mate big smiles and had me chanting "Ledley is a Bluebird..." to the surprise of the good 150 Celtic fans around us... :ayatollah:

had a brief chat with him after and we did another photo in front of my flag (that's the 2nd :ayatollah: 2nite). Told him I gonna post it on a msg board, and he told me to say "HI" and "Keep the faith" to all Cardiff fans...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:39 pm

:ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Legend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Nice one, I really wish we could have kept him :(

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 pm

What a lad :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 pm

always liked joe :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:45 pm

just found this pic from Stuttgart v Celtic

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Massive respect to Ledders. He went after the £££'s to create a better future for his family, something we'd all do in the same position.

Would be nice to see him back one day.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:51 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: CCFC

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:51 pm

12thMan wrote:Massive respect to Ledders. He went after the £££'s to create a better future for his family, something we'd all do in the same position.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ideal for the bench

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
12thMan wrote:Massive respect to Ledders. He went after the £££'s to create a better future for his family, something we'd all do in the same position.

Ideal for the bench

Fairpoint, for what it's worth I don't think he'd get in our current side.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:54 pm

12thMan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Ideal for the bench

Fairpoint, for what it's worth I don't think he'd get in our current side.

Can cover a number of positions from the bench though :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Joe Ledley a Cardiff City Legend. A true Blue. Not this red shit.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Cheers Steff, Great photos and Joe is right there was no need to strip us of our identity. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:03 pm

John Darwins Paddle wrote:Joe Ledley a Cardiff City Legend. A true Blue. Not this red shit.

He changed shirts for money, what's legendary about that?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
John Darwins Paddle wrote:Joe Ledley a Cardiff City Legend. A true Blue. Not this red shit.

Oh because he is anti red you have a go at Ledders now. Dave Jones and the Riddler stalled and stalled on giving him a new contract. I do feel he was pushed out. So forgive me if i think what you are saying is total bull shit

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:15 pm

John Darwins Paddle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Oh because he is anti red you have a go at Ledders now. Dave Jones and the Riddler stalled and stalled on giving him a new contract. I do feel he was pushed out. So forgive me if i think what you are saying is total bull shit

I praise him for being anti red.

He still left the club he loved (except he supports Liverpool) for another club who play in a different colour for more money (don't blame him either).
Your the one calling people a sell out for liking a different colour though not me.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

John u are spot on with this, City treated Ledley terrible.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

He still left the club he loved (except he supports Liverpool) for another club who play in a different colour for more money (don't blame him either).
Your the one calling people a sell out for liking a different colour though not me.

He will look forward to many winners medals now :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Have i called anyone a sell out ? No i don't think so

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Riddler and DJ stated that "Joe had an offer from City, but he refused to sign it..." it was complete bullsh1t... Joe WANTED to stay at the City but as City didnt offer him a valid contract (due to financial difficulties), he looked for other options. ideal for the club to blame Joe in the end and to cover up the mess... :?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Maybe it's just your attitude then, that seems to assume anyone who doesn't instantly agree with you is pro red.
Reminds me of school.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Hofmeister wrote:Riddler and DJ stated that "Joe had an offer from City, but he refused to sign it..." it was complete bullsh1t... Joe WANTED to stay at the City but as City didnt offer him a valid contract (due to financial difficulties), he looked for other options. ideal for the club to blame Joe in the end and to cover up the mess... :?

To Blue this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^