Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Porthcawl

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:47 pm

f**k me the fairground is like the land that time forgot.

Went to Mcarthur Glen earlier so as it was a nice day thought id take my girls into Porthcawl.

I thought I had stepped back into the 1980s when I got there :?

Thankfully Arthur Beales fish n chips tasted as good as ever :D

Re: Porthcawl

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:48 pm

I assume you mean the fair on Coney Beach? Yea, its shite. I'm not surprised, gypsies run it.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I assume you mean the fair on Coney Beach? Yea, its shite. I'm not surprised, gypsies run it.

I parked my car around the corner from Beales. That pub on the corner was wild :?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:51 pm

CP76 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I assume you mean the fair on Coney Beach? Yea, its shite. I'm not surprised, gypsies run it.

I parked my car around the corner from Beales. That pub on the corner was wild :?

Is that the pub right by the round about? I think it has white on it, window frames etc. :?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:52 pm

CP76 wrote:f**k me the fairground is like the land that time forgot.

Went to Mcarthur Glen earlier so as it was a nice day thought id take my girls into Porthcawl.

I thought I had stepped back into the 1980s when I got there :?

Thankfully Arthur Beales fish n chips tasted as good as ever :D

Holy s**t, aren't you a Merthyr lad as well? :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Is that the pub right by the round about? I think it has white on it, window frames etc. :?

Yes. Looked f*cking nuts. Two fellas arguing outside. combined age 127

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Loved going to porthcawl fairground as a kid! So much more to offer than barry fairground lol aint been there in ages though.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:55 pm

CP76 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Yes. Looked f*cking nuts. Two fellas arguing outside. combined age 127

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea I normally see people drinking outside, side entrance (?). Any way only asking cause my nan lives nearby. :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Loved going to porthcawl fairground as a kid! So much more to offer than barry fairground lol aint been there in ages though.

So did I. It hasnt changed. :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:02 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Loved going to porthcawl fairground as a kid! So much more to offer than barry fairground lol aint been there in ages though.

So did I. It hasnt changed. :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Never the same after that poor kid was decapitated. Just can't trust these places to maintain the rides to the required safety standards.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Shite hole.............but a great laugh

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Even the pubs are shit down these days always scrapping in streets nightclub (gee gees) for us older foke, Bank holiday weekend in the dirty duck trecco bay now those were the days :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CP76 wrote:

If it is that one, you picked the scummiest pub in Porthcawl so well done :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 pm

stapes wrote:Even the pubs are shit down these days always scrapping in streets nightclub (gee gees) for us older foke, Bank holiday weekend in the dirty duck trecco bay now those were the days :ayatollah:

Streets is shit to be fair and I remember it as Gee Gees too. Dirty Duck has been gone about 10 years now, demolished. Good for a quick finger round the back with some trog though ;)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Best thing about Porthcawl are the chippies and the Elvis weekend. Really good atmosphere all round that weekend especially the Hi Tide....28th to 30th September this year.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Warriors come out to play. Warriors come out to play ayyy.
Always reminded me of the end of the Warriors movie ;)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Still a cardiff stronghold lads...even though more kids are wearing the white shite!!

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:14 pm

The Cabin on the front has been done out --a lot better now

The best time to visit is Sept 28th 30th--Elvis Weekend--
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Stubbsyd wrote:Still a cardiff stronghold lads...even though more kids are wearing the white shite!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:34 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Stubbsyd wrote:Still a cardiff stronghold lads...even though more kids are wearing the white shite!!

When I was down there with my parents last year I saw plenty of people a little bit younger than me wearing the toilet paper, at least I was wearing my City cap :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:48 pm

CantonJack wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

When I was down there with my parents last year I saw plenty of people a little bit younger than me wearing the toilet paper, at least I was wearing my City cap :ayatollah:

yeah there all tourists :old: :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am

Loved Porthcawl.....you could write a book on the brawls just in the Buccaneer.
Made Newbury races look like a Morris dancing event. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 am

Fond memories of Porthcawl although I also remember having all my clothes and gear nicked from my mates car when we were parked in Kenfig Sands car park and surfing nearby. Had to wander around the town centre and to the police station in our wetsuits as we had no clothes left... Looked a right bunch of twats! Then had to drive home in a car stinking of piss as we had all relieved ourselves in the sea in order to keep warm.

Mate also had a car nicked from Coney beach car park in the winter but luckily he knew someone else who could give him a lift home. The moral of the story is to find a better hiding place for your car keys than the wheel arch. Especially when there is a group of bong smoking chavs in a Nova SI watching you get changed....