Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Roath Magic..

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Did you see the reply at the link from since62?

Just thought I would bring it up as I know how you would like to give your spin on things. :D

RoathMagic wrote:
since62 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Promotion bonuses are a recurring costs as they are replaced with survival costs. triggering clauses and bonuses for staying up.

My figures are accurate.

But they are clearly far from accurate.

Show me the wages figures for recently promoted clubs to see if they are anything like the £23m increase you suggest.

Your average income for clubs newly promoted to the Premier is also wrong.

I am not sure where you get your figures from , but its not a reliable source.

So thats your way of just asking for proof, rather than disagreeing with my figures. I notice you dont correct me just tell me im wrong.

Swanseas wage bill in the CCC was £8 million, it is now £30 million. The lowest in the Prem and a hike of £22 million.

They call the Championship final the £90 million game (its actually £86 million but it doesnt have the same ring to it im sure youll agree) that is based on a team getting relegated after 1 season. £38 million parachute money and £48 million TV money and extra revenues.

these are facts not opinions

But what you quote are not facts at all.

Swansea`s wage bill in 2010/11 was £17.4m not the £8m you quote. And the figures for 2011/12 have not yet been published so your figure of £30m can only be an estimate , not a fact.

You mentioned in another thread the huge increases in wage bills for clubs recently promoted from the Championship to the Premier and that the average wage increase was £23m.

The facts are as follows:-

The latest published information available is for season 2010/11. The 3 clubs promoted to the Premier at the beginning of that season were Blackpool , Newcastle and WBA.
Blackpool`s wage bill went up from £12.6m in the Championship to £14m in the Premier , an increase of under £2m.
Newcastle`s wage bill went up from £47m to £54m , an increase of £7m.
WBA increased their wage bill from £24.3m to £37m , less than £13m of an increase.

None of those (factual and published) figures are anything like as high as the £23m figure you quote , hence my query as to where you sourced your figures from.

You also mention £38m of parachute money and £48m of TV and other money for reachimng the Premier. Again these figures are wrong and I query where you get them from.

The current TV money is £37m for a club finishing rock bottom of the Premier , going up by £720k for each place you finish above bottom.
Parachute money is currently £16m a season for each of the first 2 seasons you get relegated , followed by £8m a season for each of seasons 3 and 4 you stay relegated. That totals £48m.

These are the facts.

If you can point me in the direction of any official figures that say differently , I am more than happy to discuss them with you sensibly.
since62

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86195&p=831399#p831399

Re: Roath Magic..

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:36 am

How boring, I actually thought I may have had a decent reply for once.

Ok, correcting my correct figures with incorrect ones and stating them as truth without a source is not really a reply.

Anyway here we are. Swansea wage bill was £7 million not £17.8 million as ridiculously suggested...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html

in that article it also shows Blackpools as £20 million, although after January it went up again. However Blackpool being the lowest payers in the history of the Premier League isnt really a good measuring stick, nor WBA and Newcastle considering they were still paying Premier League wage following their relegation. But Blackpool still saw a rise of £17 million and Swansea saw a rise of £21 million and both are mdest with their wage structures. But as was stated elsewhere the average IS £23 million increase, a quick look at the wage table will tell you this figure is fairly accurate.

As for TV money, I got the TV money and parachute money the wrong way round, but it doesnt change anything apart from emphasising my point stronger. The point being of course that our outgoings will gazzump our income on a scale even larger than it does now.

Premier League wage table:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... rofit-debt

Re: Roath Magic..

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 am

When the club signs Kimbo this week would you like me to go ahead and post for you?

I know exactly what your spin on the precious "facts" will be.