Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kim Bo Kyung

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:21 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... iff-switch?
The midfielder revealed that the opportunity to play regular first-team football was the main motivator for choosing Cardiff, but admitted that his long-term plans may lie elsewhere

The next step is to play well for the team but Cardiff will not be my first and only club in Europe

I don't like these comments, looks like he's only coming here to sell himself to bigger teams and use us as a stepping stone. Doesn't sound like something Malky would like, I've got a strange feeling he was told to make the signing...

Re: Kim Bo Kyung

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:26 pm

i dont see the problem, every player wants to better himself and cardiff are hardly the cream of the crop are we? this guys just been more up front about it, my only issue is if hes flying and someone bids in jan and turns his head.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:28 pm

We ain't Barcelona, I'd say even clubs like villa, Fulham, everton Newcastle are used as stepping stones.

It's not a bad thing, if we get 2 years out of him and sell him on at a profit and he helps us move on as a team?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:35 pm

I would expect nothing less from an ambitious player looking to improve himself constantly.

Hopefully he'll double his own transfer fee in the next few years, or help us gain promotion and stay for the long run.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm sure a lot of our players want to play at the highest level they can. And sometimes you can't do that at just one club. It shows that the guy has ambitions to play at the highest level possible, nothing wrong with that. He's gunna want to impress when he plays for us so he can help us get promotion and to get the bigger clubs noticing him.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Jollffe wrote:I would expect nothing less from an ambitious player looking to improve himself constantly.

Hopefully he'll double his own transfer fee in the next few years, or help us gain promotion and stay for the long run.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ambitious was the exact word that brung to mind for me.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:42 pm

CantonJack wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11704/7900822/Kim-ready-for-Cardiff-switch?
The midfielder revealed that the opportunity to play regular first-team football was the main motivator for choosing Cardiff, but admitted that his long-term plans may lie elsewhere

The next step is to play well for the team but Cardiff will not be my first and only club in Europe

I don't like these comments, looks like he's only coming here to sell himself to bigger teams and use us as a stepping stone. Doesn't sound like something Malky would like, I've got a strange feeling he was told to make the signing...

dont see an issue whatever his motivations are he needs to pay well and succeed to attract other bigger clubs, as long as he is realistic in his goals and know where his career is now and what step he is on I hope his ambition pushes us on to further success.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:10 pm

CantonJack wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11704/7900822/Kim-ready-for-Cardiff-switch?

Its probably more to do with the language barrier

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:12 pm

We are not Barcelona every player who comes here is expecting to go on in the career to a bigger team

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:39 pm

I don't mind him using us as a stepping stone. Sign him up on a 4 year contract, hope he performs superbly in his first season and sell him off for more than you paid for. :D :ayatollah: