Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So 700 - 900k fee and 25k a week for a year for Miller

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:27 pm

And we get nothing back in way of a fee.

What a waste of upwards of 1.5 million pounds.

Says to me that maybe Malky cannot be trusted with money to spend. At least DJ's wastes of money were free transfers.

Re: So 700 - 900k fee and 25k a week for a year for Miller

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Has he gone ? Was it a free transfer.

The newspapers reproted that Vancouver had made an 'offer' for him.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Well I feel sorry for Miller, he never got the support he needed and just got criticised

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 pm

I just read on here there was no fee. Shocking waste of money. Earnie would have done a similar job.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 pm

maccydee wrote:And we get nothing back in way of a fee.

Says to me that maybe Malky cannot be trusted with money to spend. At least DJ's wastes of money were free transfers.

your right, fancy paying 250k for Mason.........whats he worth now??
Gunnarsson.....Free
Cowie....Free

wake up fool, not all transfers work out.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:32 pm

CantonJack wrote:Well I feel sorry for Miller, he never got the support he needed and just got criticised

I disagree with that. I think he was quite popular. The criticism is for the manager who spent all that money on a player who at the time we said there was no sell on fee.

Says to me maybe should have someone overseeing his transfer dealings if he is given cash to spend.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:33 pm

kenny played his heart out for the team ,his goals and general play was integral to a makeshift side expected to finish mid table challenge for promotion and reach the final of a major competition
not a waste of money at all in my opinion although I agree we should be looking to get at least some of the fee we payed for him back
If at all he leaves,which has not been confirmed yet

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:34 pm

I really don't get how most people slag off Miller. He worked his guts out in every game last year. Could he have scored more goals? Yes, but playing as a lone front man he held the ball up and created chances for other people.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:35 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:And we get nothing back in way of a fee.

your right, fancy paying 250k for Mason.........whats he worth now??
Gunnarsson.....Free
Cowie....Free

Mason wasn't Malky's deal. Ridsdale made the offer to us. Guilty conscience perhaps but Malky took the punt on him due to price. Gunnarsson and Cowie were Bosman transfers. Conway too as it happens. There is no such thing as a free transfer. Signing on fee and wages would be higher with no transfer fee. Gunnarsson is a good player but I remain to be convinced about Cowie and Conway. Hope I am wrong.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm not slagging Miller he did play his heart out although he's not a natural goal scorer at our level imho. Needs too many chances per goal. His link up play is good however 700k+ and 25k a week. He's not worth that.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:38 pm

what about ben turner ? malky sure cocked that one up didnt he :roll: :roll:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Kenny Miller played a big role in Carling Cup run. Without his contribution we might not have made it to Wembley. That trip to Wembley earned a huge amount for CCFC.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:39 pm

maccydee wrote:I just read on here there was no fee. Shocking waste of money. Earnie would have done a similar job.

Earnie could NOT have done the job Miller did. I can't beleive anyone beleives that, Earnie plays with his eyes on the floor and has no idea whats going on around him. He probably would have scored the same amount of goals, but would have created less and we would have conceded more. Miller was our 1st line of defense and a bloody good one too.

Where does it say he's gone and no fee ? I'll need to have another look :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86369

Ah, found it. I guess if we are bringing in better then we need to cut our losses and offload a high earner.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Kenny Miller played a big role in Carling Cup run. Without his contribution we might not have made it to Wembley. That trip to Wembley earned a huge amount for CCFC.

spot on mate

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Why is there no fee?? He's under contract isn't he? You don't just give players away, it doesn't make sense to me, there must be a fee involved.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
maccydee wrote:I just read on here there was no fee. Shocking waste of money. Earnie would have done a similar job.

Earnie could NOT have done the job Miller did. I can't beleive anyone beleives that, Earnie plays with his eyes on the floor and has no idea whats going on around him. He probably would have scored the same amount of goals, but would have created less and we would have conceded more. Miller was our 1st line of defense and a bloody good one too.

Where does it say he's gone and no fee ? I'll need to have another look :lol:

West Brom game. Earnie played well scored one set up the other and brought players in very well. Just one game but I am frustrated he wasn't given more of a chance.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:03 pm

He played a lot at the start of the seaosn, but failed to deliver. He wa soffside a lot and couldn't spot runs by other players. We didn't really click until he was left out at Blackpool and Miller played up front on his own.

I also remember him coming on as sub vs Coventry and failing to make a challenge on the Cov player leading to a goal, well I don't know for sure, but I'd bet it wouldn't have happened with Miller on the pitch.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:45 pm

maybe miller wanted to go.......anybody thought of that?????? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:12 pm

has he gone though?

so far just seems to be a collection of rumours and hearsay

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:36 am

Ponty86 wrote:I really don't get how most people slag off Miller. He worked his guts out in every game last year. Could he have scored more goals? Yes, but playing as a lone front man he held the ball up and created chances for other people.

spot on -will be sorry if he goes

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:55 am

Miller was hopeless 90% of the time but if he had scored that late chance against Liverpool I would have forgiven him and the money we have spent on him would have looked like a bargain. Unfortunately he didn't.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:44 am

Ponty86 wrote:I really don't get how most people slag off Miller. He worked his guts out in every game last year. Could he have scored more goals? Yes, but playing as a lone front man he held the ball up and created chances for other people.

Fully agree and this is again proof that the club is burning money away but not getting a fee for him.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 am

Angry Man wrote:

Fully agree and this is again proof that the club is burning money away but not getting a fee for him.

this deal saves us 1.2 mil a year !

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:51 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

this deal saves us 1.2 mil a year !

Not a great buy though was it?

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:57 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:your right, fancy paying 250k for Mason.........whats he worth now??
Gunnarsson.....Free
Cowie....Free

This.