Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:19 am

Fans will see the 'reality' of the rebranding when the badges on the front of the stadium will be taken down and replaced with the new badge, all the signs of the oldbadge around the stadium will be replaced and the official website will change also.

The Newcastle friendly will be the first time that the stadium will be used with the new badges displayed.

Re: THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 am

Our stadium will look even more ugly now.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:28 am

Reckon it's going to look pretty crap but it's what goes on inside the Stadium that's important and i hope we all remember that and get behind Malky and the boys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:36 am

It wouldn't be as bad if the badge didn't look like absolute shite.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:47 am

If they are going to do it then they should do it all. Cladding and seats etc....going to look p1ss poor with half hearted blue and red everywhere.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:49 am

If they are just going to change the badge next season whats the point of putting the current one up?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:52 am

Cardiff Crazy wrote:If they are going to do it then they should do it all. Cladding and seats etc....going to look p1ss poor with half hearted blue and red everywhere.

Do you mean change everything ie. seats, cladding etc to red ?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:58 am

carlccfc wrote:
Cardiff Crazy wrote:If they are going to do it then they should do it all. Cladding and seats etc....going to look p1ss poor with half hearted blue and red everywhere.

Do you mean change everything ie. seats, cladding etc to red ?

Why not? While VT is here they aren't going to go back to blue are they? Except it or not its here to stay. Let's at least make it look a professional change.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 pm

To be fair, every single football league clubs website will change in the next two weeks as they are all rolling out a new set of templates. Barnsley have already changed theirs and it's believed that ours will look similar. Clubs were given three templates to choose from and from what I understand, our media dept have chosen the same template as Barnsley.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Will the current badge remain on here Carlos !?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:10 pm

I agree, dont care what it looks like outside, its on the pitch that counts :-)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:13 pm

What a gut wrenching site that will be, can I paste a SOLD OUT sign over it?

I'll be there though roaring the BLUEBIRDS on. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:To be fair, every single football league clubs website will change in the next two weeks as they are all rolling out a new set of templates. Barnsley have already changed theirs and it's believed that ours will look similar. Clubs were given three templates to choose from and from what I understand, our media dept have chosen the same template as Barnsley.

you cant really compare whats happening here to any other club

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:32 pm

I totally agree with you. It's a half arsed attempt which will just look stupid. If they were that wanting of a change it should have been seats and the cladding. This would obviously make it more difficult to go back, which is what most will want, but I cannot help but think they wanted to upset the masses and then not even do it properly.

While they are at it they could change the shit see through plastic on the corners and get some more classy smoked glass with light blazing out from behind them on evening games.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Many people DO care what it looks like on the outside. and the kit. and the website. It's all our identity.
It's tragic.
What a shambles. Well done Mr. Tan.

KEEP CARDIFF BLUE!

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:30 pm

pengedragon wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:To be fair, every single football league clubs website will change in the next two weeks as they are all rolling out a new set of templates. Barnsley have already changed theirs and it's believed that ours will look similar. Clubs were given three templates to choose from and from what I understand, our media dept have chosen the same template as Barnsley.

you cant really compare whats happening here to any other club

You miss my point. The website is changing anyway, every football leagues website will be. So this isn't because of the rebrand.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:20 pm

It's not just what happens on the pitch that is important. It's the whole set up. Our club, and stadium are being vandalised. For no reason, except the whim of one man. The magic that was Cardiff City Football Club is gone. I'll still go to games, see how things develop, but it's not the same. We are a laughing stock. And it was never 'red or dead', even the yes-men who manage the club from day to day admit that.

At least there is a certain honour and integrity in the Rangers situation. None at all in ours. These are sad days for our great club.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:28 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:It's not just what happens on the pitch that is important. It's the whole set up. Our club, and stadium are being vandalised. For no reason, except the whim of one man. The magic that was Cardiff City Football Club is gone. I'll still go to games, see how things develop, but it's not the same. We are a laughing stock. And it was never 'red or dead', even the yes-men who manage the club from day to day admit that.

At least there is a certain honour and integrity in the Rangers situation. None at all in ours. These are sad days for our great club.

I find that post as ludicrous as it is saddening. Let me know if you ever celebrate Velikonjas goals won't you

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:16 am

llangainbluebird wrote:It's not just what happens on the pitch that is important. It's the whole set up. Our club, and stadium are being vandalised. For no reason, except the whim of one man. The magic that was Cardiff City Football Club is gone. I'll still go to games, see how things develop, but it's not the same. We are a laughing stock. And it was never 'red or dead', even the yes-men who manage the club from day to day admit that.

:shock: Absolute shite, you would be happy to see us "do a rangers" ? Get real !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:13 pm

That's not what I said, but never mind :roll:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:If they are just going to change the badge next season whats the point of putting the current one up?

Probably because the 'Bond Villain' has no plans to change the [shit] badge next season?