Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenny Miller to Vancouver Whitecaps

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:06 am

My"First team player to leave to foreign fields thread"last week which caused several of you to doubt my word has now sadly for many come true. Personally I think it's a bit of a shame that we've lost him after only a year, but like I hinted at the time many Cardiff will feel indifferent. His desired replacement would be a massive coup for Cardiff City and would be welcomed by everyone I'm sure

There were other clubs interested but most wanted CCFC to contribute to KM's salary. Vancouver will pay the entire wages so it's been agreed that there will no fee. Just to add to Carls'thread on Richard Keogh, a fee has been agreed on and the stalling was partly if not fully down to Keogh and his agent. Unbelievably Mr Keogh didn't want to play right back!! Leeds are monitoring the situation too. What we do know it'll either be Malkys way or the highway. To be continued

Kim-Bo Kyung to be signed tomorrow? That'll be another fantastic acquisition. More good news soon hopefully

Re: Kenny Miller to Vancouver Whitecaps

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:11 am

CityGent wrote:My"First team player to leave to foreign fields thread"last week which caused several of you to doubt my word has now sadly for many come true. Personally I think it's a bit of a shame that we've lost him after only a year, but like I hinted at the time many Cardiff will feel indifferent. His desired replacement would be a massive coup for Cardiff City and would be welcomed by everyone I'm sure

There were other clubs interested but most wanted CCFC to contribute to KM's salary. Vancouver will pay the entire wages so it's been agreed that there will no fee. Just to add to Carls'thread on Richard Keogh, a fee has been agreed on and the stalling was partly if not fully down to Keogh and his agent. Unbelievably Mr Keogh didn't want to play right back!! Leeds are monitoring the situation too. What we do know it'll either be Malkys way or the highway. To be continued

Kim-Bo Kyung to be signed tomorrow? That'll be another fantastic acquisition. More good news soon hopefully

Is this a done deal then? is Kenny Miller definitely going? Any clues on his desired replacement?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:11 am

CityGent wrote:My"First team player to leave to foreign fields thread"last week which caused several of you to doubt my word has now sadly for many come true. Personally I think it's a bit of a shame that we've lost him after only a year, but like I hinted at the time many Cardiff will feel indifferent. His desired replacement would be a massive coup for Cardiff City and would be welcomed by everyone I'm sure

Tony I'll give you a ring later once I return from a meal out with the family. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:23 am

thats all we fuc'kin need kenny miller going

we need at least one class striker to replace him plus the slovenian + bellamy we cant rely on bellamy he will be high risk this season for injury, if he goes and the other guy goes kenny miller could of done a top job,

my concern is if we dont get someone in as good or better we wont gain promotion, we have to think out of the box and injury's do happen

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:54 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:thats all we fuc'kin need kenny miller going

we need at least one class striker to replace him plus the slovenian + bellamy we cant rely on bellamy he will be high risk this season for injury, if he goes and the other guy goes kenny miller could of done a top job,

my concern is if we dont get someone in as good or better we wont gain promotion, we have to think out of the box and injury's do happen

I don't want to lose Miller but the replacement lined up is very good and will cost a few million. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I don't want to lose Miller but the replacement lined up is very good and will cost a few million. :ayatollah:

Carl, is it Miller who wants to leave? or does malky want rid?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:03 pm

I cant see Malky letting Miller go if this replacement isn't nailed on...rock on, just wanna know who now so any pm would be gratefully recieved ;)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Even though losing miller will be a blow I think our formation this season will be a lot different to last. He worked his balls off all season but he was a forward who only scored 1 goal in the last 22 of the season. Im hoping earnie will get more of a look in because of this change and with velikonja and possibly a replacement then he won't be missed as much

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:09 pm

There were other clubs interested but most wanted CCFC to contribute to KM's salary. Vancouver will pay the entire wages so it's been agreed that there will no fee.Just to add to Carls'thread on Richard Keogh, a fee has been agreed on and the stalling was partly if not fully down to Keogh and his agent. Unbelievably Mr Keogh didn't want to play right back!! Leeds are monitoring the situation too. What we do know it'll either be Malkys way or the highway. To be continued

So we're not receiving any fee for Miller? :?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Well if he does go I wish him all the best.He did a fantstic job under difficult circumstances for us and you couldn't fault his attitude.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:30 pm

whos his replacement then Bellamy ?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Well if he does go I wish him all the best.He did a fantstic job under difficult circumstances for us and you couldn't fault his attitude.

Agree with that mate. A bit more luck and he could have had 20 and with better finishing at times 25 last season.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Well if he does go I wish him all the best.He did a fantstic job under difficult circumstances for us and you couldn't fault his attitude.

This.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:39 pm

wez 1927 wrote:whos his replacement then Bellamy ?

No mate. It's another striker. The Bellamy deal is separate

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Good luck to Kenny

Cant think who we could possibley be looking at, does he currently play in the championship or is it a striker from a prem side?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Kenny's parents told me he was not happy last season, because he was never given the support or back up promised him all season.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:50 pm

CityGent wrote:

hopefully it a target man peter crouch , racardo fuller someone like that tbh

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Kenny's parents told me he was not happy last season, because he was never given the support or back up promised him all season.

I can see where he was coming from with those comments,kenny was so isolated at times on his own,it was embarrasing
we were caught out tactically at times last season,managers just told there team to stop whittingham and stick 2 centre backs on miller and cardiff are very limited
unfortunately they were proved right

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:20 pm

CityGent wrote:

Jordan Rhodes would be a very good shout, I hope we have whoever it is tied up before Miller goes. Wouldn't want to lose out have neither.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:27 pm

No fee????

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:

what league does this triker currently play in

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 pm

I think miller done ok worked hard but I expected him to score more to be honest,if he goes I would atleast want a fee for him,but if he goes I hope we get a good replacement :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 pm

i like kenny miller got a great engine but his lack of goals was a concern :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

No fee?? Wtf?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:13 pm

bluecityblue wrote:No fee?? Wtf?

Other interested parties wanted us to contribute towards his wages. I'm told Vancouver will pay every penny of the salary. If Miller and Cardiff City both wanted the deal to be conducted swiftly, this would be the best option and also granting certain players a free transfer where the possibility of cash exchanging hands was an option, is often shown as a gesture of goodwill and a mark of respect to the player involved

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Pitty really, I sense it may be similar to when people couldn't wait to get Jay out the door and they will soon realise that he brought a lot to the table.

As long as his replacement is of good stature and we bring in more experience we hopefully won't suffer too much.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Good luck Kenny . The striker who will replace him will be a step up in class , can just feel this season is going to be special .

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Any clues on his replacement? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Velikonja, Mason, Gestede, Bellamy (if he signs) Earnie (if he stays)

If Bellamy signs, he'll replace Miller as a veteran striker :old:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:54 pm

I think Miller has a lot to offer up front, Would like to have seen him with a fresh start playing along side a big man, or on his own with 2 pacey wingers.

His wages are quite high so Im not fussed on him leaving as long as he's replaced with an out and out goal scoring striker.