Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY SET TO TURN DOWN FULHAM BID

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 am

CARDIFF look set to knock back Martin Jol’s £2.5million bid for winger Peter Whittingham.

Fulham boss Jol wants to boost his attacking options after landing ex-Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega.

Whittingham, 27, cracked 13 goals for the Championship club last term and is being tracked by more Premier League teams.

But Cardiff are under no pressure to sell thanks to their mega-rich new Malaysian owners and only a huge offer will tempt them to cash in.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... m-bid.html

Re: CITY SET TO TURN DOWN FULHAM BUD

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:37 am

if i was tan i would phone them up and laugh at the and also say that however much money you offer us we will reject it
the only thing we will is accept is dempsey for whitts then you got a deal

Re: CITY SET TO TURN DOWN FULHAM BID

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am

2.5 m they are having a giraffe if whitts was to be sold it would have to be 6m and that's the price we should put on him but personally i want Whitts to stay :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:07 am

Hopefully the days of us selling our best players are gone. We are in the process of building a team to take us to the Premier League here not dismantling one.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:54 am

Winger ??

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:23 pm

carlccfc wrote:CARDIFF look set to knock back Martin Jol’s £2.5million bid for winger Peter Whittingham.

Fulham boss Jol wants to boost his attacking options after landing ex-Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega.

Whittingham, 27, cracked 13 goals for the Championship club last term and is being tracked by more Premier League teams.

But Cardiff are under no pressure to sell thanks to their mega-rich new Malaysian owners and only a huge offer will tempt them to cash in.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... m-bid.html

not enough agreed,but i dont think he is worth a massive amount more :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Perhaps we could do a deal with Fulham for them to pay us that in 5 years time or perhaps if he get's seriously injured in the meantime!

They would have been better placed ringing City during the Christmas p1ss up with that offer! :roll:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Martin Jol has been smoking too much Dutch cocaine :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:57 pm

To be fair, I'd swap Whittingham for Pobrebynak tomorrow. The guy is a beast and would tear the Championship apart!

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:00 pm

12thMan wrote:To be fair, I'd swap Whittingham for Pobrebynak tomorrow. The guy is a beast and would tear the Championship apart!

Pogrebnyak moved to Reading!!

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 pm

If we sold Whitts, it would contradict everything that Mackay has been saying. It really would be the last straw.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:55 am

2.5 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: f*cking mugs

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:48 am

hywel wrote:
12thMan wrote:To be fair, I'd swap Whittingham for Pobrebynak tomorrow. The guy is a beast and would tear the Championship apart!

Pogrebnyak moved to Reading!!

Lol he did.

I would take 4mil and someone like the kid they got Frei is it? but I wouldn't want to see Whitts go with the side we are building, we need someone running the play and he can pick a pass all day every day!!!

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:08 am

2.5 million 'could' be a good starting position in their mind. I suppose other clubs would be watching this very closely.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:But Cardiff are under no pressure to sell thanks to their mega-rich new Malaysian owners....

The same 'mega rich' Malaysian owners who are stalling on clearing our debt to equity :?:

I recon a realistic bid and he'll be off