Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Toughest and Easiest Sport

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 pm

What does everyone think is the toughtest and easiest sport.

I think the easiest is Football and the toughest cycling.

The reason I say this is because most of us know someone or are someone who's been on a football trial or play or played at a decent level. This means that all these people are within touching distance of being a professional footballer.

whereas with other sports.

How many of us know someone who can run a marathon in 2 hours, can ride 200Km a day for 3 weeks. can regularly go around a golf course under par or can bowl a cricket ball at 90 mph.

what do yuo al think?

Re: Toughest and Easiest Sport

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Nordic skiing-cross country skiing is the toughest imo
Things like baseball etc are the easiest lol don't know if its a sport but big wave surfing has got to be the most dangerous aha watched a docu about it few weeks ago and I was scared just watching the size of the waves on tv lol

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 pm

physically or mentally....cos is one is easy physically its always hard mentally and vice versa.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Rugby has got to be up there for the easiest all you have to do is hit people

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:51 pm

and ive always wondered if Lewis Hamilton and Schumacher etc are really the best at F1 racing.
I've never tried it so who knows if I could be a total natural.

How many Joe Public have ever tried F1 racing, Water Polo or Speedway Racing

Who knows - we could be a potential world champion and not know it.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:53 pm

HighXBlue wrote:and ive always wondered if Lewis Hamilton and Schumacher etc are really the best at F1 racing.

F1 requires top notch reflexes. Its harder than you think

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:54 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
HighXBlue wrote:and ive always wondered if Lewis Hamilton and Schumacher etc are really the best at F1 racing. I've never tried it so who knows if I could be a total natural. How many Joe Public have ever tried F1 racing, Water Polo or Speedway Racing Who knows - we could be a potential world champion and not know it.

I can imagine actually.
These guys are not just good drivers but are amazingly strong and fit to handle the G force etc.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:56 pm

HighXBlue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
HighXBlue wrote:and ive always wondered if Lewis Hamilton and Schumacher etc are really the best at F1 racing. I've never tried it so who knows if I could be a total natural. How many Joe Public have ever tried F1 racing, Water Polo or Speedway Racing Who knows - we could be a potential world champion and not know it.

I can imagine actually.
These guys are not just good drivers but are amazingly strong and fit to handle the G force etc.

Exactlly the speeds they are going at just make it really hard to control the car. When you watch it you think oh I could do that but as you said you dont see many people becoming F1 drivers

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Couldn't pick a toughest or easiest sport, they are all tough in their own way but Curling looks awful. :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Cycling might be hard but that's why they are all doped up on PEDs!!!! :lol:

Easiest - Basketball/Netball
Hardest - Probably UFC or MMA or similar, If your bad at that then you get found out quickly!!!!

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:07 pm

HighXBlue wrote:and ive always wondered if Lewis Hamilton and Schumacher etc are really the best at F1 racing.

Tbf you have to be super fit to be an f1 driver! Especialy when yor racing at places like abu dhabi where air tempreture is over 40degrees and your sat next to a boiling hot engine with all that fireproff clothing on lol, don't think I could handle that and concentrate for nearly 2hours. Jenson button keeps fit for f1 by doing them triathalon things where you cycle, swim and run loadsa miles :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Easyiest - Darts
Hardest - Cricket (I can not him that ball)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:38 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
HighXBlue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

I can imagine actually.

Exactlly the speeds they are going at just make it really hard to control the car. When you watch it you think oh I could do that but as you said you dont see many people becoming F1 drivers

F1 is very physical. A mate of mine laughed when I told him how fit they have to be, the strength they need in their neck is unreal, its why they all have massive necks due to the g-force they feel, they have to hold their breath or else their lungs get crushed in corners.
There is a brilliant advert with Allan McNish talking about Le Man (24 hour race) which kind of makes you appreciate that its more than just driving a car round and round.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wugOoyrxd2c

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 am

I don't find cycling that hard. I cycle regularly as I'm a triathlete but it isn't necessarily easy. Netball seems pretty easy, could be wrong though. Golf is pretty hard if you wanna be a pro (mind you i am terrible at it) and water polo is lethal so i would say at the highest level that can be a difficult sport.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:15 am

mr moose wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
HighXBlue wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

I can imagine actually.

F1 is very physical. A mate of mine laughed when I told him how fit they have to be, the strength they need in their neck is unreal, its why they all have massive necks due to the g-force they feel, they have to hold their breath or else their lungs get crushed in corners.
There is a brilliant advert with Allan McNish talking about Le Man (24 hour race) which kind of makes you appreciate that its more than just driving a car round and round.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wugOoyrxd2c

Thats a brilliant advert and puts it into perspective how hard it is on them special le mens

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 am

Hello again all after a long absence , I've been keeping away from all of the sensitive stuff recently , cos I realise how emotive it is !
Back to to post , it must be what you believe to be a 'sport' darts , chess , poker , would rank amongst the easiest , as would the next level up be bowls , archery , air gun shooting .
Toughest , boxing , triathlon , rugby , tour de France !
My opinion , bet your glad I've been quiet for months ?

Oh just a thought , reading today's posts , horse racing , if your a jack ! :-)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:47 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-HqGJ9fxzc

Toughest IMO is Ice Hockey, you gotta be able to skate like the wind (they can lose up to 6lb during a game) and be able to stand your ground against some really tough characters who wanna knock yer teeth out.

Easiest..Snooker, never get into a sweat, spend half the match sitting on their arses and they need complete silence.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 am

Kyokushinkai = toughest
Ten pin bowling = easiest

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am

following on.

do you think darts, snooker etc should be classed as a sport.

I totally appreciate how elite these guys are at their game but shouldnt you build up a sweat when doing sport.

Also with darts there are no tactis.

You just try and score points as you can and finish on a double. The opposition can only do the same so there are no counter attack or defence tactics needed.

so should it only be classed as a sport if you build up a sweat.

mind u - bothroyd's got away with playing football for years without building up a sweat :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 am

HighXBlue wrote:following on.

I totally appreciate how elite these guys are at their game but shouldnt you build up a sweat when doing sport.

You just try and score points as you can and finish on a double. The opposition can only do the same so there are no counter attack or defence tactics needed.

mind u - bothroyd's got away with playing football for years without building up a sweat :lol:

IMO darts is a sport and the hardest to master.The amount of concentration it takes is mindblowing.I think most people would be able to build the body physically to prepare for marathons,cycaling ect. but it's all about if your mentally tough enough.When ever I hear people saying darts isn't a sport I siply challenge them to hit a 180 3 darts later and theve scored 1,12,1 there you go matey you can't just throw them and hope they go in. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:06 am

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:Kyokushinkai = toughest
Ten pin bowling = easiest

I'll second that

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:46 pm

they start off on karts mate.a lad i know round the corner from me raced against hamilton in karts.the lad had a tiny bit of sponsership but his old man paid for it mostly.lewis hamilton had more sponsership .my mate fell away and later got in bad ways,drink and drugs ,lewis hamilton went on to be a f1 champ.very high fitness levels required for f1.i,m not a mad f1 fan but i,d love to see every one use the same type of car for a few races just to see who was the best on a level playing field

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Football is the most popular sport in the world, therefore more people play it. It all depends on what you're interested in.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:52 pm

phildavies wrote:

IMO darts is a sport and the hardest to master.The amount of concentration it takes is mindblowing.I think most people would be able to build the body physically to prepare for marathons,cycaling ect. but it's all about if your mentally tough enough.When ever I hear people saying darts isn't a sport I siply challenge them to hit a 180 3 darts later and theve scored 1,12,1 there you go matey you can't just throw them and hope they go in. :ayatollah:

I dont think it should be a sport. Its a skill really its difficult to do but its not physically challenging is it

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:Cycling might be hard but that's why they are all doped up on PEDs!!!! :lol:

Easiest - Basketball/Netball
Hardest - Probably UFC or MMA or similar, If your bad at that then you get found out quickly!!!!

you've never played a game of basketball than mate!
fitness is unreal, you effectively sprint for 48minutes straight
the skill in the game is unreal too, tough mentally as well in terms of having the stones to nail a shot with 3 seconds left to win the game
football is the easiest game to play imo

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:24 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
phildavies wrote:

I dont think it should be a sport. Its a skill really its difficult to do but its not physically challenging is it

depends what you think a sport is.To me a sport needs spectaters so things like cycling,marathon runners ect. are not sports but siply challenges.A sport is something you can watch a get passionate about you also need to be competing against someone else for it to be a sport IMO.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:44 pm

phildavies wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
phildavies wrote:

depends what you think a sport is.To me a sport needs spectaters so things like cycling,marathon runners ect. are not sports but siply challenges.A sport is something you can watch a get passionate about you also need to be competing against someone else for it to be a sport IMO.

Thats fair to me a sport is simply if it is both physically challening aswell as mentally

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Think gymnastics should get a shout! The strength and training needed in that sport must be phenomenal.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Fishing. Easiest

Rock climbing. Hardest

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Tubzo wrote:Fishing. Easiest

Rock climbing. Hardest

Yeah, that rock climbing is extreme lol especially the free climbing type where they don't use any safety ropes pfft one slip or slight lack of concentration and you aint talking about getting away with a broken arm... Its certain death.