Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RICHARD KEOGH LATEST

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Keogh said his goodbyes to the Coventry players yesterday and did not turn up for their pre season against Hinkley today.

Coventry have signed a French centre half and Bristol City have ended their interest in Keogh.

:D

Re: RICHARD KEOGH LATEST

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 pm

translated : Keogh signs on monday. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Likely to be announced soon? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:Keogh said his goodbyes to the Coventry players yesterday and did not turn up for their pre season against Hinkley today.

Coventry have signed a French centre half and Bristol City have ended their interest in Keogh.

all seems to be happening down the club in the last week or so well done malky and vt :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:Keogh said his goodbyes to the Coventry players yesterday and did not turn up for their pre season against Hinkley today.

Carl, ive heard the deal has been sorted for a while, but Keogh has been stalling for pretty much petty issues, lets hope its all sorted soon enough then.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:48 pm

It doesn't bother me if he signs or not

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 pm

So he has gone to Bristol. :lol: :lol: Im gonna be arrogant and say LIKE f**k HAS HE!

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It doesn't bother me if he signs or not

gotta be honest, i feel the same! its taken so long to sign him!

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm

nobby wrote:

Carl, ive heard the deal has been sorted for a while, but Keogh has been stalling for pretty much petty issues, lets hope its all sorted soon enough then.

My understanding Nobby is that the fee was the issue and not personal terms.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Isit sorted now Carl? :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Any news on Craig Noone, been nothing since you mentioned him a few weeks back or have I missed something? :lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:15 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Hes been booked in for a medical in this week. Didnt play today but spent most of the time getting a medical sorted. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:19 pm

They done better without him, Coventry won 8-0 today. :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Carl

Thanks for the post, was the reasons for the out of the blue signings, due to Cardiff being hijacked so much in the last two transfer windows. Also is Lawrence out of the question now, he should more passion for the shirt in a few matches than Bottleroyd in his entire time at Cardiff.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:50 pm

That was meant to say showed, damn predictor text

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Airforceblue wrote:Carl

Thanks for the post, was the reasons for the out of the blue signings, due to Cardiff being hijacked so much in the last two transfer windows. Also is Lawrence out of the question now, he should more passion for the shirt in a few matches than Bottleroyd in his entire time at Cardiff.

yeah but "Bottleroyd" did so much more tha Lawrence

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:53 pm

My main point was going forward I would rather have Lawrence and his passion than jay B and his 90 minute walkathon

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Airforceblue wrote:My main point was going forward I would rather have Lawrence and his passion than jay B and his 90 minute walkathon

So you would rather someone who tries hard but doesnt actually offer much or someone who will score goals for us ablight that he was a lazy prick

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:
nobby wrote:

Fair comment, if what im being told is true, i would prefer if he didnt sign and we looked elsewhere, and im also aware that may very well be the case, unless he comes round to Malkays way of thinking.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:01 pm

nobby wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
nobby wrote:

Fair comment, if what im being told is true, i would prefer if he didnt sign and we looked elsewhere, and im also aware that may very well be the case, unless he comes round to Malkays way of thinking.

Is it to do with his missus being from bristol?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:19 am

Expect he want's to live in Bristol as his missus is probably nagging him, but Malky wants him to live in Cardiff :thumbup:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:53 am

Probably move to Chepstow then, save him £6 on the bridge as well , every penny counts :P

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:00 am

Personally, I thought he was poor in both games against us last season and don't know what all the fuss is about. Maybe Malky sees something in him that he can work on, but I'm far more excited by the prospect of Kim-bo, Bellamy and Velikonja signing for us if they all come off.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 am

Igovernor wrote:Expect he want's to live in Bristol as his missus is probably nagging him, but Malky wants him to live in Cardiff :thumbup:

I expect he wanted Bristol City to push for him more but they would not match our fee so Coventry would not sell to them.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:17 am

out of interest, where do we see keogh fitting into the starting xi?? will he replace hudson, or will he be used at full back??

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:04 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:out of interest, where do we see keogh fitting into the starting xi?? will he replace hudson, or will he be used at full back??

I assumed he would play him at right back and move Super Kev across to left back.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:24 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:out of interest, where do we see keogh fitting into the starting xi?? will he replace hudson, or will he be used at full back??

Squad player to give the back four competition. Can't see him starting in front of any of them.

Gerrard will surely be going & Keinan too.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Will be a great signing, can't see him starting straight away but a great player to have in reserve if there are injuries! The signs are looking good Malky is looking to build a strong squad that will be able to challenge. Would be nice to see a bit more experience brought in but at least the bench is starting to look strong and there will be competition for places.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:12 pm

El Tel wrote:

I assumed he would play him at right back and move Super Kev across to left back.

Can't see McNaughton moving across to take the place of Taylor unless Taylor gets injured or suspended tbh and as Malky handed Hudson a new contract earlier this year, then I'd say that he's a McNaughton replacement!