Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some concerns

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm

I just have some concerns regarding recent developments,why have we allowed Velikonja to play 2 highly competitive games before he signs for us,as unlikely that it might happen,there is a possibility that he might sustain an injury that could jeopardise the move,my other concern is the Craig Bellamy transfer,we are now told that the possible transfer is going to be put on hold till the Olympics are over,i simply ask why??,the explanation given is that it will allow Bellamy to focus on the games,i would have thought that it would benefit him more if he had sorted his future out by either staying with Liverpool,going to Q.P.R. or signing for us,is it me or is there more going on here than we know about............i await your comments on the above with great interest

Re: Some concerns

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Wow, again a depressing post by you, although this time u havent slated Malky

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 pm

angelis49 wrote:I just have some concerns regarding recent developments,why have we allowed Velikonja to play 2 highly competitive games before he signs for us,as unlikely that it might happen,there is a possibility that he might sustain an injury that could jeopardise the move,my other concern is the Craig Bellamy transfer,we are now told that the possible transfer is going to be put on hold till the Olympics are over,i simply ask why??,the explanation given is that it will allow Bellamy to focus on the games,i would have thought that it would benefit him more if he had sorted his future out by either staying with Liverpool,going to Q.P.R. or signing for us,is it me or is there more going on here than we know about............i await your comments on the above with great interest

Well done Malky might have been nice.

But you crack on Victor Meldrew

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm

angelis49 wrote:I just have some concerns regarding recent developments,why have we allowed Velikonja to play 2 highly competitive games before he signs for us,as unlikely that it might happen,there is a possibility that he might sustain an injury that could jeopardise the move,my other concern is the Craig Bellamy transfer,we are now told that the possible transfer is going to be put on hold till the Olympics are over,i simply ask why??,the explanation given is that it will allow Bellamy to focus on the games,i would have thought that it would benefit him more if he had sorted his future out by either staying with Liverpool,going to Q.P.R. or signing for us,is it me or is there more going on here than we know about............i await your comments on the above with great interest

Better for us if Bellamy doesn't sign till after the Olympics. he won't link up with the squad until after it either ways and this way if he does get a long term injury he'll be sitting on Liverpool's wages not ours. =D

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:24 pm

MMMM let me guess is it that Maribor have said let us have Velikonja to see if he can get us to the Champions League group stages and you can have a few quid off the transfer fee, good for them and good for us as he gets in a good pre season. all if's if my auntie had a cock he would be my uncle, or here in Port talbot normal!! :D :D

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Maybe we didn't have a choice on the stiker, it's for two champions league games so potentially worth a lot of money. We would have prob had to pay a lot more otherwise.

If Bellamy is coming he is coming, by sending him after the Olympics we save hundreds of thousands of pounds and have the option to pull out If he breaks his leg or had another bad injury.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Please Graig and taffyapple,could you just once respond to my post by indicating your views on the issues i have raised instead of indulging in juvenile cheap shots at me.......not asking much am i ??

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Us having to wait for Velikonja is the same situation as Wolves having to wait for Siggardsson (if I've spelt his name right), which is what the selling clubs insisted on in the contract negotiations and the longer Bellamy stays contracted to Liverpool, means that we don't have to fund his wages!

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:36 pm

etiene doesn't become a city player until august 1st so no problem there, you can't blame bellers for trying to focus on the olympics it's probably the only international tournament he'll ever play in

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:24 pm

angelis49 wrote:Please Graig and taffyapple,could you just once respond to my post by indicating your views on the issues i have raised instead of indulging in juvenile cheap shots at me.......not asking much am i ??

My response is:

Why can you not just say "well done Malky, you are proving me wrong. You are obviously out to get
some top talent for the coming season, and it would appear Tan is backing you"

My view is that most new signings come with some sort of baggage, an old injury, a barren spell in
front of goal at some time, lack of pace, not the tallest, not the best first touch, dodgy agent. This
is the Championship. We are Cardiff City. We are not signing Lionel Messi any time soon.

Your cup is always half empty regarding this Club. Pisses me off a teeny bit

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 pm

taffyapple wrote:
angelis49 wrote:Please Graig and taffyapple,could you just once respond to my post by indicating your views on the issues i have raised instead of indulging in juvenile cheap shots at me.......not asking much am i ??

My response is:

Why can you not just say "well done Malky, you are proving me wrong. You are obviously out to get

My view is that most new signings come with some sort of baggage, an old injury, a barren spell in
front of goal at some time, lack of pace, not the tallest, not the best first touch, dodgy agent. This
is the Championship. We are Cardiff City. We are not signing Lionel Messi any time soon.

He's from the Roath Magic School Of Glum, although he has sounded a little more cheerful recently - by his standards anyway.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:51 pm

He's got 3 games left lads :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:05 pm

taffyapple wrote:

My response is:

My views exactly Taff

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: