Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blue Army Alternative Name (Poll)

You may select up to 3 options

View results

Re: You Have Up To 3 Names To Choose!:)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:41 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:Different subject but...

The 'Thats the way we like it' song doesn't go down too well, one round and we're done. This combined with Joe Mason clearly needing a song led me to think of this. Let me know what you guys think....

'And when we say he's magic, he's magic, he's magic
Joe Mason is a Bluebird, a Bluebird, a Bluebird
And that's the way we like it, he likes it, they like it
He's gonna score a goal_____________________________________
He's gonna score a goal_____________________________________"

What you guys think?

Not Bad Mate!
Keep it up because once all the foundation of this is done thats the next and most important thing!:)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 pm

I thought that was decent! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:

The 'Thats the way we like it' song doesn't go down too well, one round and we're done. This combined with Joe Mason clearly needing a song led me to think of this. Let me know what you guys think....

What you guys think?

Not Bad Mate!
Keep it up because once all the foundation of this is done thats the next and most important thing!:)

I can't wait! This could be one of the best seasons as a Bluebird!

I'm happy to help if you boys need anything in the meantime. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:47 pm

brickyblue wrote:Whats wrong with blue army if thats what you been calling it then stick with it whats the problem with it sounds good to me. :ayatollah:

It mite send out the wrong message and I'm sure Vincent Tan wont be too pleased

I still favour Blue Army but a more original name could be for the better?
I'm not sure to be honest, that's why we consult other fans:)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:

What you guys think?

Not Bad Mate!

I can't wait! This could be one of the best seasons as a Bluebird!

I'm happy to help if you boys need anything in the meantime. :ayatollah:

Okay mate!:)
:ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:43 pm

Taffy Mafia :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:48 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:
brickyblue wrote:Whats wrong with blue army if thats what you been calling it then stick with it whats the problem with it sounds good to me. :ayatollah:

I just dont no what to say to you mate other than if you wanna call it Blue army then do it.Blue army is original and upset Tan lol. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:59 pm

brickyblue wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:

I just dont no what to say to you mate other than if you wanna call it Blue army then do it.Blue army is original and upset Tan lol. :ayatollah:

Bit of a naive way to think of it, as I said when it was first named this will only work with the clubs help and considering they are rebranding the club they were never going to help and be linked with a name like "blue army" that's jut comman sense.

It's a good idea but will only work with the clubs backing.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:09 am

2blue2handle wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:

Bit of a naive way to think of it, as I said when it was first named this will only work with the clubs help and considering they are rebranding the club they were never going to help and be linked with a name like "blue army" that's jut comman sense.

It's a good idea but will only work with the clubs backing.

Like things only work with the fans backing yea right.It seems to me that you lot will do anything to keep Tan happy.Oh well crack on and choose a new name that suites the club maybe he would like Redarmy or Dragons you like a bunch of school prefects on here grow a big pair of Sweet ridden bollocks is what I say.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 am

It's nothing to do with that, it just won't work if you chose blue army. Simple as that.
How would it work without the clubs backing?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:49 am

The Blue Meanies

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:37 am

Am I missing something here or are we trying to change the club's nickname, or a Facebook groups name? :?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:54 am

Merlin wrote:Am I missing something here or are we trying to change the club's nickname, or a Facebook groups name? :?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83450

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85051

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:04 am

It's comendable what you guys are trying to achieve - but why can't you use Bue army.

Is it your choice not to use it or are the club telling you that you they will not sanction your plans if you use the name Blue army ?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:12 am

Seanccfc wrote:

It's comendable what you guys are trying to achieve - but why can't you use Bue army.

Is it your choice not to use it or are the club telling you that you they will not sanction your plans if you use the name Blue army ?

So far we are the Blue Army but for somewhat reason we think the club will not approve of this name because of the re-branding, therefore we need a back up:)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:35 am

CardiffCityHD wrote:
Seanccfc wrote:

So far we are the Blue Army but for somewhat reason we think the club will not every approve of this name because of the re-branding, therefore we need a back up:)

Stick to your guns mate - The club should allow us to have links to our past and supporting the "Blue Army" would be a small token of this. If they won't support it then this will speak volumes.

Good luck - get the CCS rockin every game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:18 am

CardiffCityHD wrote:
Seanccfc wrote:

So far we are the Blue Army but for somewhat reason we think the club will not approve of this name because of the re-branding, therefore we need a back up:)

How the hell do you no the club will not approve of the name blue army ?If they didnt approve and we had to choose a different name well then that is just another example of the club not respecting the fans wishes.

I am not try to stay an argument or anything like that but I think Blue Army is a perfect name for your very good idea.

Good luck with it but I do hope you have some balls and stick with blue army. :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 am

CardiffCityHD wrote:
Merlin wrote:Am I missing something here or are we trying to change the club's nickname, or a Facebook groups name? :?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83450

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85051

So basically you are just thinking of a group name for a bunch of singers?

Personally, I don't see how the atmosphere can be improved unless we are top of the league, and playing GOOD football, and the ground sells alcohol at a more reasonable price! This coupled along with the fact that the Canton and Grange End needs swapping over, (Which as we all know is never going to happen!)

This group of people MAY help the cause, but I can't see a great deal of difference being made! All I see is more drums and brass bands!! :lol: Maybe you can get them to approve flares and such so we can have an atmosphere like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvAOpnn ... re=related

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 am

bluebird newbury chasers :roll: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:58 am

brickyblue wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:
Seanccfc wrote:

How the hell do you no the club will not approve of the name blue army ?If they didnt approve and we had to choose a different name well then that is just another example of the club not respecting the fans wishes.

I am not try to stay an argument or anything like that but I think Blue Army is a perfect name for your very good idea.

Good luck with it but I do hope you have some balls and stick with blue army. :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeh, makes a lot of sense, Blue army, supporting a team playing in red. :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 am

BigGwynram wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:
Seanccfc wrote:

Yeh, makes a lot of sense, Blue army, supporting a team playing in red. :lol:

Makes more sense than the change to red in first place :old: :old: :D

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:49 pm

It isn't about blue or red!

We are just looking to boost the atmosphere at the CCS.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:13 pm

City Ultras. Ultras are f*cking awesome and just what the club needs :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Riverside Army?
Ninian Army?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Ninian Bluebirds?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi everyone this is my first ever post, been viewing site as a guest for a long time and finally became a member June this year.

As the search for a new name is as a result of the enforced colour change i was thinking that the name "Cardiff Chameleons" would be unique and very apt!

The description of a chameleon that i found on the bbc nature site describes a chameleon as being famed for its ability to change colour (and perhaps more importantly an ability to change back!)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 pm

gotoneintheshed wrote:Hi everyone this is my first ever post, been viewing site as a guest for a long time and finally became a member June this year.

As the search for a new name is as a result of the enforced colour change i was thinking that the name "Cardiff Chameleons" would be unique and very apt!

The description of a chameleon that i found on the bbc nature site describes a chameleon as being famed for its ability to change colour (and perhaps more importantly an ability to change back!)

Interesting!, although I'm not sure if it fits very well
Not sure?!
See what everyone else thinks:)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Here's a simple name that no one has mentioned and I'm sure everyone would be happy with, why not just 'BLUEBIRDS' or 'CARDIFF BLUEBIRDS'?

Our club's nickname is the Bluebirds.
We as fans call ourselves Bluebirds.

This way everyone would feel involved.

The name isn't that important anyway, we've got to make sure this happens first. Crystal Palace's group are called the Holmesdale Fanatics but how many people knew that? Their name isn't that well known, they're well known because they create a decent atmosphere and that's the whole point in the group.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:33 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Here's a simple name that no one has mentioned and I'm sure everyone would be happy with, why not just 'BLUEBIRDS' or 'CARDIFF BLUEBIRDS'?

Our club's nickname is the Bluebirds.
We as fans call ourselves Bluebirds.

This way everyone would feel involved.

The name isn't that important anyway, we've got to make sure this happens first. Crystal Palace's group are called the Holmesdale Fanatics but how many people knew that? Their name isn't that well known, they're well known because they create a decent atmosphere and that's the whole point in the group.

Haven't thought of that!
Good Shout!:)

What about Bluebirds 109 or Bluebirds 111 (For block number or something like that?)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:35 pm

What about Ninian Bluebirds?