Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hereford v Yeovil

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Went up there today on the train with a mate, Edgar Street is a cracking little ground with brilliant terracing, would recommend anyone to go there if you like the old grounds or groundhopping. Score was 1-1 if anyone was wondering. ;) :ayatollah:

Re: Hereford v Yeovil

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:22 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Went up there today on the train with a mate, Edgar Street is a cracking little ground with brilliant terracing, would recommend anyone to go there if you like the old grounds or groundhopping. Score was 1-1 if anyone was wondering. ;) :ayatollah:

Been there loads of times great ground :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:29 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:Went up there today on the train with a mate, Edgar Street is a cracking little ground with brilliant terracing, would recommend anyone to go there if you like the old grounds or groundhopping. Score was 1-1 if anyone was wondering. ;) :ayatollah:

Was my first time there and want to go to these old grounds ASAP, they will all be gone before long. :cry:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:31 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

Was my first time there and want to go to these old grounds ASAP, they will all be gone before long. :cry:

They are slowly going :(
Penydarren park is still there though and rocks with a 2k crowd :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:48 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

They are slowly going :(
Penydarren park is still there though and rocks with a 2k crowd :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

500 more like. :lol: :lol:

Shame the terracing behind the goals was closed off because it didn't pass the safety check, hopefully will be back next season. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Yeah i stand on the wank bank over there but the terrace behind the goal will be sorted for next season i reckon..
Ive been there with 2k crowds and its great :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:13 pm

My first ever City game was Hereford away. Jan 92. Took 4000 there.

Run amock in Herefird that day and a few times since.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Yeah i stand on the wank bank over there but the terrace behind the goal will be sorted for next season i reckon..

Late 80s early 90s regularly 2500 there

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:18 pm

CP76 wrote:My first ever City game was Hereford away. Jan 92. Took 4000 there.

That was one of my first ever away games. City everywhere and I can remember some Hereford fans desperately trying to keep the door of this pub shut whilst some City lads were trying to boot it in. I remember that yet nothing about the game!

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

That was one of my first ever away games. City everywhere and I can remember some Hereford fans desperately trying to keep the door of this pub shut whilst some City lads were trying to boot it in. I remember that yet nothing about the game!

I renember being in a pub of about 50 City attacked by another 50 city :lol:

We then joined up 100 of us walking through hereford town centre, seen a large mob of another 100 start running towards each other and it was another 100 City :lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:46 pm

CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

We then joined up 100 of us walking through hereford town centre, seen a large mob of another 100 start running towards each other and it was another 100 City :lol:

Similar thing happened up at Swindon town in the 90's

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 pm

CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Yeah i stand on the wank bank over there but the terrace behind the goal will be sorted for next season i reckon..

Same here wank bank for now but next season back behind the goals. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Xcasual wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

I was there for the Swindon one, we left the ground at full-time walked right and another group must have walked left and we met half way. Ely v valleys it almost was

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Miller time wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

I was there for the Swindon one, we left the ground at full-time walked right and another group must have walked left and we met half way. Ely v valleys it almost was

It actually KO for a few seconds before people recognized each other.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Not long through.. Some little skinny fucker bout 5ft went up to my mate whos 6ft odd and massive and said... You were lucky then mate, you were bout to ave it... Funny as f**k

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm

The away end was full back in '92 and there were hundreds of City running around the outside of the ground trying to get in through all the home turnstiles - in the end the old bill moved a few hundred Hereford fans away from one of the home stands and let us all in for free in the home end bloody mental days! City everywhere! :D

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Swindon was the FA cup. They had a big pub right by the ground and City trying to get in both ends, pretty dark after game and it did go off for a split second Cardiff only :lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Spoofer wrote:The away end was full back in '92 and there were hundreds of City running around the outside of the ground trying to get in through all the home turnstiles - in the end the old bill moved a few hundred Hereford fans away from one of the home stands and let us all in for free in the home end bloody mental days! City everywhere! :D

City fans had to jump into next section as it was getting crushed in the away end. I was 15 at the time, 1st Cardiff game, was sitting on fence between 2 sections and remember thinking this is f*cking amazing. The football was gash but the atmosphere was bonkers.