Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

KENNY MILLER WANTED BY VANCOUVER WHITECAPS

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -31396331/?

Re: KENNY MILLER WANTED BY VANCOUVER WHITECAPS

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:01 pm

That's 3 American clubs he's linked with now isn't it?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:02 pm

:D please go kenny you might actually score in the MLS

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:10 pm

phildavies wrote::D please go kenny you might actually score in the MLS

i'll be gutted if he goes, would of loved to see him in a 4-4-2 formation :cry:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:
phildavies wrote::D please go kenny you might actually score in the MLS

i'll be gutted if he goes, would of loved to see him in a 4-4-2 formation :cry:

nah let him go 25k a week and he can't score for shit.Hopefully our new slovenian signing will turn out good :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Karl wrote:That's 3 American clubs he's linked with now isn't it?

And one from Canada.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I dont really want him to go but we will need to buy a new striker now imo wouldnt say no to dj cambell

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:36 pm

nobby wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/07/14/91466-31396331/?

Cardiff City striker Kenny Miller could be on his way to Canada.
Vancouver Whitecaps are keen to sign Scotland international Miller and Cardiff City will listen to their offer having brought in Slovenian forward Etien Velikonja.
There would certainly be a big Scottish welcome for Miller if he does move to Vancouver. Head coach Martin Rennie is from Thurso, while assistant Paul Ritchie is a former Scotland international from Kirkcaldy.

Rennie has also signed Miller’s former Scotland team-mate Barry Robson, who is the Caps’ captain.

Ex-Middlesbrough midfield player Robson, 33, is loving life in Vancouver and believes playing Major League soccer in North America will boost his chances of being selected in Craig Levein’s squad for the 2014 World Cup qualifying bid.

“I could have stayed at Middlesbrough, but playing for Vancouver is a big thing and can only help my chances of playing for Scotland,” says Robson.

Miller, 32, joined the Bluebirds in a £900,000 transfer from Turkish club Bursaspor last summer, making a sensational start when he fired the only goal against West Ham United away in City’s first Championship match of the season.
He scored 10 goals in 41 League starts and his off-the-ball running and awareness was a major factor, but Miller failed to hit the scoring form he would have wanted.
The former Wolves, Rangers and Celtic forward has made more than 550 first team appearances during his career and may now look to extend it in MLS football.
Cardiff manager Malky Mackay is working to strengthen his Bluebirds squad and has signed goalkeeper Joe Lewis from Peterborough United, Jordon Mutch from Birmingham City and Velikonja from Slovenian club NK Maribor.
The addition of goalscorer Velikonja, a strong, left-footed striker who plays off the shoulder of defenders, plus strong interest in Liverpool’s Welsh international striker Craig Bellamy, who has always said he wants to play for Cardiff again, means Mackay may consider a Vancouver bid. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Kenny is hard working and is great at assisting goals but I think with this new striker and Joe Mason he might move down in the pecking order though so I think it would be a good move for him.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:16 pm

I would like to give him one more season tbh.
He is a proven goalscorer and with decent service could be lethal.
But then again............................

Good luck to him either way :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Karl wrote:That's 3 American clubs he's linked with now isn't it?

And one from Canada.

:lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Send Earnshaw he can't to do f**k all in this division.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:23 pm

I can't see Malky wanting Miller to leave, he showed a lot of faith in him last season.

I hope we sign another striker who is proven at this level regardless of whether Miller leaves though! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:26 pm

I'd be dissapointed if he went, yes he doesn't score enough for the money he is on but he leads the line better alone than anyone I've seen for city for a long time.
He would be a huge asset as a player away from home.
Or on the bench when winning a game an needing a hard worker to lead the line.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:14 am

I think he will be here next season. to be fair he had a very demanding role to play for us not his normal way of playing the game.

I would like to see what he can do with new players around him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 am

Good news! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:50 am

Done deal according to twitter he's over the atlantic right now on his way.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:51 am

I'd keep Kenny.

Worked bloody hard last season without a doubt, he pissed me off when he missed the chance at wembley late on but hey ho.

One more year and even if he didn't start every game he'd still be worth keeping, but on lower salary :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:55 am

According to The Scotsman they were looking at Earnie but then turned their attentions to Miller. Do you think the club hinted he could be available? It may be easier to get Earnie off the books in the UK, but Miller is a harder sell over here due to his expectations.

A bit torn on this one. I think we may miss him if he goes but he did not do enough on the scoring front, but his work rate was twice that of Earnie.

The piece also says that he will be over in Canada this coming week. Anyone know if he flew out to Switzerland?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ ... -1-2413187

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:36 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18847695

"Cardiff striker Kenny Miller set for Vancouver move
Scotland striker Kenny Miller looks set to leave Cardiff City to join MLS side Vancouver Whitecaps.
The 32-year-old joined Cardiff for nearly £900,000 from Turkish club Bursaspor in July 2011 and scored 11 goals last season.
But the former Rangers striker only scored once in his last 22 appearances for the Bluebirds.
Cardiff are ready to let Miller leave after signing Slovenia striker Etien Velikonja on a four-year deal .
Meanwhile it is understood Premier League side Fulham have made an enquiry for Cardiff midfielder Peter Whittingham."
:ayatollah: