Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TRAIN TO FOREST GREEN?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:33 pm

What station would you go to,and how much for a return and how far isit from the ground? :ayatollah:

Re: TRAIN TO FOREST GREEN?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Always Blue wrote:What station would you go to,and how much for a return and how far isit from the ground? :ayatollah:

Thinking of doing the same. There's a few stations you can get off at apparently

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Where will you get off?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Always Blue wrote:Where will you get off?

To be honest mate im not too sure but apparently there's a station very near to the ground and there's one about 2 miles away. Not 100% sure myself, would have to check. I'm just going on what friends have told me

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Stroud, five miles away, there's no station at Forest Green. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:58 pm

nobber wrote:Stroud, five miles away, there's no station at Forest Green. :ayatollah:

Ah right fair enough. Cheers :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:03 pm

by Raiderbankk ยป Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:35 pm

I sent an e mail to the club about train travel to the fixture and got this reply:

From a previous post:

There is unfortunately no railway station in Nailsworth but you can get a train into Stroud which is 5miles away.
From the train station you can get a taxi from the rank, or alternatively walk a few minutes to the Merrywalk Bus Station and get on a bus numbered 46 or 93.
These both drop you in Forest Green very near to the ground (Beechwood Close). I am pretty sure these run at least every half an hour, but you could double check on the stagecoach website to coincide with your train.

If you require any further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Leanne Norman"

Hope this helps.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:12 pm

What to do when the game is finished though and we're stuck at the ground? Will there be taxis at the ground?