Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My first city goal/ sayer

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Watching the athletics this afternoon,there was a javelin thrower who actually won called Goldie Sayers .The name reminded me of my first city goal Peter Sayer, s trike from the edge of the box in the 1-0 win verses tottenham in the fa cup 3rd round ,at ninian park .I was in the old grange end ,couldn't see hardly anything .
Still a great memorie , and it got me hooked .looking forward to the new season !!

Anybody with similar memories ??

Re: My first city goal/ sayer

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Went wiv the llanrumney rough nuts, 1975 i think, climbed up some railway sleepers that were leant against the stand and then stretched on tiptoes til some huge bloke leaned down and pulled me up. Dangled there for what seemed like ages before we all got in. Dont thik I actually bought a ticket til I was about 18!!
I remember the cracking stmosphere and the trouble after too. Happy days they were, what a contrast to the sterile atmosphere when i visit cardiff games now. :ayatollah:

Re: My first city goal/ sayer

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Yes totally agree,that's modern football for you positives and negatives on both counts.
I think it was 1977 ,the next game we beat Wrexham with a John Buchanan rocket seal the win .
We were knocked out by everton in rd 5 2-1 I went to both games and every game was electric to say the least .
As usual I think Peter sayer was sold to Brighton