Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How many shirts will we sell in the far East

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Especially if we sign Kim, a rising star in the far east. I imagine they will go like hot cakes at least in Korea if not the rest of the far east. Park Ji Sung has stated he will be his successor as the star of Korean football. Sounds like he will be a good signing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: How many shirts will we sell in the far East

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:27 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Especially if we sign Kim, a rising star in the far east. I imagine they will go like hot cakes at least in Korea if not the rest of the far east. Park Ji Sung has stated he will be his successor as the star of Korean football. Sounds like he will be a good signing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My honest opinion Tan will give about 100 away, a few photos taken for the media,and we might sell 20. While we are still a championship club we have no chance in my opinion and then we need at least a few seasons in the top 6 of the premier League to get them to support us, Man Utd, Arsenal etc are supportered by them because of being right up there with the best for 30 years at least.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:34 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Especially if we sign Kim, a rising star in the far east. I imagine they will go like hot cakes at least in Korea if not the rest of the far east. Park Ji Sung has stated he will be his successor as the star of Korean football. Sounds like he will be a good signing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

well i cant see us selling any more than a handfull,maybe in 50 years time,if we win the prem,f.a cup and champions league half a dozen times,then people may take notice...i dont thiink il be alive to see it thou :D :D . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

My honest opinion Tan will give about 100 away, a few photos taken for the media,and we might sell 20. While we are still a championship club we have no chance in my opinion and then we need at least a few seasons in the top 6 of the premier League to get them to support us, Man Utd, Arsenal etc are supportered by them because being right up there with the best for 30 years at least.

You may be correct but this kid Kim seems very popular out there in Korea and Japan, surprisingly attendances are pretty high in the Japanese J League. If that is anything to go by the potential for marketing Cardiff in the far east could be enormous. However I do agree with you that we need to be in the Premier League to maximise any potential for marketing. A lot of positive things have to happen first before we can get into the Premier League and then establish ourselves. None of it will happen without sorting out the Langstone issue first. Things have got to come to a head on that side of things soon, both sides are dragging it out too long now. What u reckon on Bellamy and Kim? are they done deals? Still think we need a striker with a bit of size and pace about him whose going to get 20+ goals next season. methinks Malky is looking in this direction having already put failed bids in for Sordell and Rodriguez of late. Will be interesting to see who he has got in mind for that main striking role. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:43 pm

I think we sold about 2,000 in Newport last year.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I can't see us selling many, 1 or 2 maybe but then I don't think that's the plan.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I can't see us selling many, 1 or 2 maybe but then I don't think that's the plan.

Luke, I have been told the plan is to get us in to the Premier League, look like a far east club and Tan has buyers waiting in China, but it's all depending on us reaching the Premier League. Originally Tan was going to wait on our identity until we were there, but he is very impatient, like most Far East businessmen :lol: incl my friend Sam :lol:
I just wish Tan had waited on our identity as he should of delivered first, I will be honest I would of still not of accepted the change of our identity.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I can't see us selling many, 1 or 2 maybe but then I don't think that's the plan.

Luke, I have been told the plan is to get us in to the Premier League, look like a far east club and Tan has buyers waiting in China, but it's all depending on us reaching the Premier League. Originally Tan was going to wait on our identity until we were there, but he is very impatient, like most Far East businessmen :lol: incl my friend Sam :lol:
I just wish Tan had waited on our identity as he should of delivered first, I will be honest I would of still not of accepted the change of our identity.

Exactlly I still dont think it would have made a difference whether we were there or not. More likely would have made things worse as we would have £90 mill from going up to conteract the whole argument for needing the £100 million

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:12 pm

f**k all. They have fakes everywhere, if they can get premier league fakes for a fiver on street corners, why would they buy a real one, especially one as ugly and badly designed as ours :lol: :twisted:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Nowt wrong with that as a plan. Tan has deep enough pockets would be amazing to have investors from China with even deeper pockets maybe Sam was right after all when he said we will be bigger than Barcelona :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:26 pm

fans in the far east tend to support players as much as a team,so maybe if kim turns out to be as good as they say he is,things might take off over there merchandise wise
Like mentioned though wed have to be challenging for champions league football every season to build a worldwide fanbase

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:43 pm

The shirts sales are small chips---The big prize is Tans new sports TV station--Featuring Championship clubs and probably QPR -- Forest are now owned by rich Kuwaitis , Blackburn by Indians , Leicester by Thailand group, Birmingham Carson yeoung Hong Kong---also Burnley Hull and Bolton have overseas links.

The championship will probably be 99% foreign owned in a few years so it will be of interest worldwide. People will allways watch Premier league game first but then follow their favourite Championship team.

Tan wants to become the Murdoch of the far east

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Id be suprised if we sold more than 50, and they are £5 profit per shirt to a club so thats a £250 profit.

Thats a Luxor 32" TV for the gaffa's office I guess :roll:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Mafor wrote:The shirts sales are small chips---The big prize is Tans new sports TV station--Featuring Championship clubs and probably QPR -- Forest are now owned by rich Kuwaitis , Blackburn by Indians , Leicester by Thailand group, Birmingham Carson yeoung Hong Kong---also Burnley Hull and Bolton have overseas links.

The championship will probably be 99% foreign owned in a few years so it will be of interest worldwide. People will allways watch Premier league game first but then follow their favourite Championship team.

Tan wants to become the Murdoch of the far east

The thing Murdoch has... is Premier League football.

Asia can watch Premier League football for free so why would they pay to watch the division below?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Fekin billions.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

My honest opinion Tan will give about 100 away, a few photos taken for the media,and we might sell 20. While we are still a championship club we have no chance in my opinion and then we need at least a few seasons in the top 6 of the premier League to get them to support us, Man Utd, Arsenal etc are supportered by them because of being right up there with the best for 30 years at least.

Come on Annis, raise a bloody smile.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:32 pm

I cant see us selling many. When we are a premiership team i guess we will sell a few more with the added exposure given by the no doubt far east pre season tour and games against other prem teams in pre season etc.

How much would City fans be honestly willing to donate a month on a 24 month subscription in order to stake a claim in a trust to by the club?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:35 pm

It's easy or the re brand and Malaysian haters to say none or hardly any will be sold but I think you will be surprised actually with how many will be sold because the far east is massive and millions and millions of people live there so if a tiny percentage buy shirts then that will give Cardiff city a reasonable or healthy profit at the least and if kimbo signs then that will certainly give the sales a boost out there with plenty of Asians or Koreans wanting a shirt with Kim bo kyung on the back same as a lot of fans on these shores will want Bellamy on the back of theirs

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:48 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:It's easy or the re brand and Malaysian haters to say none or hardly any will be sold but I think you will be surprised actually with how many will be sold because the far east is massive and millions and millions of people live there so if a tiny percentage buy shirts then that will give Cardiff city a reasonable or healthy profit at the least and if kimbo signs then that will certainly give the sales a boost out there with plenty of Asians or Koreans wanting a shirt with Kim bo kyung on the back same as a lot of fans on these shores will want Bellamy on the back of theirs

It wouldnt surprise me to see more Asian fans at games next season if he signs.
I remember when we signed Fan Zhiyi all of a sudden we seemed to have a lot more asian people at games. It may sound crazy but it does happen.
Personallly I would hope he is bought for footballing reasons tho.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:57 pm

two, and one of them is second hand. :lol:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I didn't know Sam was from the far east.

Or are you just being ignorant?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:48 pm

I couldnt give a f**k how many we sell over there.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:25 pm

About 22 :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:00 pm

As a matter of interest did we sell any shirts in Japan when we had Junichi Inamoto from WBA? Also what about Fan Zhiyi a Chinese player did he start a rush of sales in the other Canton?

Finally what about Chopra, surely we sold loads in India ;)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:As a matter of interest did we sell any shirts in Japan when we had Junichi Inamoto from WBA? Also what about Fan Zhiyi a Chinese player did he start a rush of sales in the other Canton?

Both were short spells so I doubt it.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:As a matter of interest did we sell any shirts in Japan when we had Junichi Inamoto from WBA? Also what about Fan Zhiyi a Chinese player did he start a rush of sales in the other Canton?

Finally what about Chopra, surely we sold loads in India ;)

We certainly seen an increase in Asian supports at Ninian Park when we signed Fan Zhiyi and more so Inamoto.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:45 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Fekin billions.

you been drinking again Mr Mogreenz :D :D :D

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:44 pm

They wont sell many will they its all a load of shit to me .In my house we used to buy around 5/6 replica kits a season with more money spent in the club shop at christmas.This year I will buy nothing at all from CCFC.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 pm

brickyblue wrote:They wont sell many will they its all a load of shit to me .In my house we used to buy around 5/6 replica kits a season with more money spent in the club shop at christmas.This year I will buy nothing at all from CCFC.

I don't think anyone actually believe the big rebranding was to sell some shirts in asia

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Thousands and Millions.