Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO TrueBlue7/CardiffCityHD

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 am

Any news on the Blue Army, lads?!

It's been a few weeks with no word - has any more progress with the club been made?

:ayatollah:

Re: FAO TrueBlue7/CardiffCityHD

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:Any news on the Blue Army, lads?!

It's been a few weeks with no word - has any more progress with the club been made?

It's looks to have died a death, the club did ask for the lads to get back to them last week and the club were keen to follow it up, they also were prepared to swap seats and arrange an area for this group, but looks dead in the water now, shame coz it could have been good.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:56 pm

That's a shame.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:13 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

It's looks to have died a death, the club did ask for the lads to get back to them last week and the club were keen to follow it up, they also were prepared to swap seats and arrange an area for this group, but looks dead in the water now, shame coz it could have been good.

That might be the case mate but perhaps alot just cant stomach the fact that we are going to be playing in red at home, must admit i'm one of those. Have'nt asked for my money back, am i stupid? who knows, maybe i'm hoping i'll get my head round it, or maybe some will say i'm waiting if we will be successful , to them i'd say you dont know me.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

CardiffCityHD contacted me this week asking me to finish the logo design and Facebook page, would be a shame if it's dead in the water from the clubs perspective mate.

Hopefully the idea still has legs.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 pm

To me it hasn't died
Communication is the only problem i'll say and weve been quite slow
But we certainly haven't died!
Hopefully the facebook page will be up soon and we'll have the logo done:)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Any questions please post message me, TheTrueBlue7 and 12thMan

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Tonight I may post up an alternative name poll because the name Blue Army could possibly be a problem
Any alternatives that you would like to put forward just say!:)

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:27 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:Tonight I may post up an alternative name poll because the name Blue Army could possibly be a problem

I did try and say the club wouldn't except it for obvious reasons.

Hope it's not dead in the water tho.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Ain't a good start is it,set up a meeting and the club couldn't have been more helpful, they even arranged for a follow up one a week later, but it never happened, and no one has been in contact with them since. :(

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:Tonight I may post up an alternative name poll because the name Blue Army could possibly be a problem

I did try and say the club wouldn't except it for obvious reasons.

Hope it's not dead in the water tho.

Certainly not dead but we've been quiet and should have been talking to people on this board about idea's etc..

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:31 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

Gwyn was this for a second meeting?
Because I haven't heard of anything

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:46 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Yes it was arranged at the first one to have a follow up meeting the following Thursday at 4 pm, but nothing and no one got back to me or the club to cancel or re-arrange it, sad because the club were full of enthusiasm.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Don't be put off by what the pro-reds are saying ,keep at it

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Xcasual wrote:Don't be put off by what the pro-reds are saying ,keep at it

What has this got to do with red or blue :?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

What this got to do with you ?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Xcasual wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

What this got to do with you ?

As much as its got to do with anyone.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:45 pm

What are the pro reds saying?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Yes it was arranged at the first one to have a follow up meeting the following Thursday at 4 pm, but nothing and no one got back to me or the club to cancel or re-arrange it, sad because the club were full of enthusiasm.

This is news to me!
I knew about a follow up but I thought it was when we needed to put forward new ideas or when we had something new to talk to them about:(

We'll have to arrange another meeting soon then!

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:29 pm

This is the sort of thing which needs to be kept on top of because i'm sure the club has alot of other more pressing matters to be getting on with.

So much attention on names and logos that the most important bits are being left behind!

Gwyn - Do you think it still has a chance with the club?

I hope so because it's a grand idea and would be awesome.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:23 am

if the club arent going to allow the name Blue Army because it has the word blue in it, then i for one have no further interest in this sorry

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:25 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

if the club arent going to allow the name Blue Army because it has the word blue in it, then i for one have no further interest in this sorry

What was your original interest in it then?

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

interest in getting involved with this idea :?

thought that was obvious!

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

But only if it has a certain name :?
I thought it was about getting an atmosphere in the ground but don't suppose that can happen if the group doesn't have blue in the name :|

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

But only if it has a certain name :?
I thought it was about getting an atmosphere in the ground but don't suppose that can happen if the group doesn't have blue in the name :|

ordinarily i'd be all for this idea because a better atmosphere in the ground is exactly what we needed last season

but i guess the club not allowing the word blue in the name just reaffirms to me how much hate what's happening to the club at the moment and... i guess makes me realise that i've barely gathered up enough passion for next season to renew my season ticket, let alone get involved with stuff like this, as much as i'd love to normally...

but hey i'm sure this idea wont be affected by me as one person, i do fear the general atmosphere in the ground will be greatly affected by the divide between fans though and the ill feeling towards the rebranding/Malaysian owners that now does exist from many fans.

Granted, feeling the way i do about my club at the moment does break my heart, but i can't help how i feel unfortunately.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:29 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

I'm not suprised.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Sharpen up lads, or pass it on to someone else