Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Bellamy thought

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:46 am

Ok it's 3:30am and I'm on the most boring night shift ever. Forgive any spelling and grammatical errors because I'm not going to proof read this because I'm bored and tired. 

I have no inside sources and ITK people. Let's get that put the way first. All this is, is a hunch. Nothing more.

Bellamy was always going to get linked to us. After his loan spell last time, even if he doesn't come this season, he will get linked and linked until either he is a Cardiff player or hangs up his boots. 

But when he joined Cardiff before he had the chance to join Fulham, a London based club with Mark Hughes in charge. This time around its, QPR a London based club with Mark Hughes in charge. 

Now I don't think Man City would have had any issue loaning him to Fulham. They weren't a top 4 threat like Spurs were who also wanted him, and they were potent enough a threat on their day to take points from other potential Top 4 teams.

But he came to Cardiff, he also instigated the move (from what DJ said, CB came to his house and discussed the idea) 

So for me , as it seems he is leaving Liverpool, it must be Cardiff he's coming too, he's had continued contact with VT and TG who themselves must see him as a marquee signing on the far East and here as VT's reputation has been significantly lowered (to say the least) due to the Red stuff and knows this is the type of signing needed to appease some (though not all) of the fan base. 

My hope is that Craig's wages are factored into Malky's budget separately. If we get him I hope it doesn't take a significant chunk of MM's budget as I feel Bellamy is an X Factor player and should be treated as such.

Anyway that's my 2cents on Bellamy coming,  now I've said I'm pretty positive he'll be playing for us next season, cue the announcement by the time I wake up this afternoon that he's a QPR player.

Re: My Bellamy thought

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 am

I like your logic buddy. Not bad for 3.30am :ayatollah: