Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BELLAMY STALLING

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 pm

It has been made public that Bellamy wants to leave Liverpool, and his apparent desire to come back to Cardiff etc etc.

But there are more and more rumours about QPR wanting to sign him and pay him more than the 60 grand a week he was on at Liverpool.

We are being told now that a deal will not be done now until after the Olympics, so to me does that seem like a guy who WANTS to come back to Cardiff, Kim Bo Kyung has been quoted as saying he wants his deal sorted out BEFORE the Olympics so whats the difference.

Ive heared that there are more than footballing issues involved in Bellamys life at present and i hope these issues can and will or hopefully have been resolved, but i dont understand why he feels the need to wait til after the Olympics to sort his future out, that just doesnt seem like a man who has major desires to join our club. :( :(

Perhaps we should move on and sign other players regardless. :(

Re: BELLAMY STALLING

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Let them have him, can do a lot better with the money, he had his chance and chased the money after saying he would stay and play for nothing. Remember?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Oh well QPR it is then :cry:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 pm

nobby wrote:It has been made public that Bellamy wants to leave Liverpool, and his apparent desire to come back to Cardiff etc etc.

But there are more and more rumours about QPR wanting to sign him and pay him more than the 60 grand a week he was on at Liverpool.

We are being told now that a deal will not be done now until after the Olympics, so to me does that seem like a guy who WANTS to come back to Cardiff, Kim Bo Kyung has been quoted as saying he wants his deal sorted out BEFORE the Olympics so whats the difference.

Ive heared that there are more than footballing issues involved in Bellamys life at present and i hope these issues can and will or hopefully have been resolved, but i dont understand why he feels the need to wait til after the Olympics to sort his future out, that just doesnt seem like a man who has major desires to join our club. :( :(

He's not really bothered clearly he played his year here, we didn't get promoted now it seems He wants a few weeks to consider his options,
it's very hard to turn down 3m a year, which I assume QPR would offter for him, 80,000 per week. 2.5m at least

a massive blow if he doesn't come star quality where its needed most, final third, we will not find a player of that calibre for the same expense

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 pm

bit of deja vu here...

wasnt we in this boat same time last yr?

i dont know if he is stalling or not or how difficult it is, but it does always seem to be a complicated issue getting bellers here..

time will tell i suppose, i just hope it doesnt keep dragging out...

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 pm

He's biding his time and who can blame him. He has at the moment three realistic options . He can join us or qpr or he could just stay at Liverpool. Bellamy seems very much his own man and I would imagine he'll not be rushed into anything. I think if I was in his position I'd probably do the same. This next move could well be the last of his career so it has to be right.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 pm

THE DON wrote:He's biding his time and who can blame him. He has at the moment three realistic options . He can join us or qpr or he could just stay at Liverpool. Bellamy seems very much his own man and I would imagine he'll not be rushed into anything. I think if I was in his position I'd probably do the same. This next move could well be the last of his career so it has to be right.

Just a thought, would Liverpool release him from his contract to join another premiership club..........?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Why the impatience

How do you know it hasn't already been agreed. I seem to recall the media speculation for months two years ago and he'd shook on a deal with Dave Jones a good 6 weeks before anything was made public. f**k QPR, he's coming home

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm

CityGent wrote:Why the impatience

How do you know it hasn't already been agreed. I seem to recall the media speculation for months two years ago and he'd shook on a deal with Dave Jones a good 6 weeks before anything was made public. f**k QPR, he's coming home

lets hope ur right mate... :ayatollah:

i think after last yr a few people are still aprehensive as to whether he wants come home or not..

imo hes got nothing to gain from going to qpr and may aswell stay at liverpool...

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:31 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:
nobby wrote:It has been made public that Bellamy wants to leave Liverpool, and his apparent desire to come back to Cardiff etc etc.

He's not really bothered clearly he played his year here, we didn't get promoted now it seems He wants a few weeks to consider his options,
it's very hard to turn down 3m a year, which I assume QPR would offter for him, 80,000 per week. 2.5m at least

a massive blow if he doesn't come star quality where its needed most, final third, we will not find a player of that calibre for the same expense

Can you really see QPR paying bellamy £60,000 plus a week for three years, also i think that Cardiff's offer wont be that far off what he is on at Liverpool with bonuses built in for promotion if the rumors on here are true.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Ive heard its near enough a done deal, but all these rumours which are becoming more and more, and now the echo reporting a deal wont be done until after the Olympics, leads me to questions the rumours ive heard. I hope what ive heard is true and hes coming home, but in football as wewell know there is no smoke without fire.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:45 pm

I thought he always stated that nothing would be announced till after the olympics

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:48 pm

If Bellers wants to go to QPR then let him go, the f*cking money speaks doesn't it, the no neck c**t. :roll:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Spencer Prior's left boot wrote:If Bellers wants to go to QPR then let him go, the f*cking money speaks doesn't it, the no neck c**t. :roll:

Who says he wants to go to qpr?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:12 pm

A cynic would say is Bellamy stalling until QPR & Mark Hughes return from Asia on their pre season tour?

Won't give him 3 years at 33 years old.

I imagine it will be £50k pw roughly

Bonuses that are common in EPL are £1500 per point, £5000 per goal (scored by Bellamy not team) £win bonus £appearance bonus, staying up bonus, league position bonus.

Dunno if Cardiff could match half of that on Championship money?

I still believe you are in pole position due to family situation.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm

i don't think he's stalling, he's just focusing on team gb and he'll sort out his future club wise after the olympics i can't see the problem in that, it's probably the only international tournament the welsh boys will ever have the chance to take part in give the guy a break ffs

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Would of thought his career & most important contract of his career & no doubt his last one would be that bit more important?

You may be right though.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Would of thought his career & most important contract of his career & no doubt his last one would be that bit more important?

You may be right though.

His contract at man city made him for life, although money will be important I doubt it's the most important thing.
He could easily stay at Liverpool another year.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Spencer Prior's left boot wrote:If Bellers wants to go to QPR then let him go, the f*cking money speaks doesn't it, the no neck c**t. :roll:

Shame on him for getting his monies worth for the last few years of his career, and providing £1.2 million for his African Foundation...shame on you! Bellers! Giving all that money to a war torn country.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Would of thought his career & most important contract of his career & no doubt his last one would be that bit more important?

You may be right though.

he's the team gb training camp in spain at the minute and then the tournament starts so i just think he'll put his club future on the backburner for a few weeks and like you say it's probably his last move so it's a big decsion so can't blame hime for not rushing it

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Or perhaps he simply wants to concentrate on Olympics !!! As simple as that but hey where there is a chance to find a negative stick it up on the board! Does signing before or after matter as long as he signs he playing in the Olympics regardless so what does it matter , mind lets sign him now 4 weeks £150,000 plus for nothing instead of Liverpool paying him :roll:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:A cynic would say is Bellamy stalling until QPR & Mark Hughes return from Asia on their pre season tour?

Won't give him 3 years at 33 years old.

I imagine it will be £50k pw roughly

Bonuses that are common in EPL are £1500 per point, £5000 per goal (scored by Bellamy not team) £win bonus £appearance bonus, staying up bonus, league position bonus.

Dunno if Cardiff could match half of that on Championship money?

I still believe you are in pole position due to family situation.

I have been told it's more than £50k a week,but not a 3 year deal as you say Stan :ayatollah:
As i said a month ago if he leaves Liverpool it's Cardiff or QPR...And as i said last year Liverpool or QPR.

There is one key factor here which nobody has posted,but i did give you a clue earlier this week about how clever Sparkey could be to help Bellers out in spending more time back home :?

Cardiff gives Bellers a 3 year deal - we are in pole position as you say Stan :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 am

Let's wait until after the olympics. Bellers has dodgy knees-what if we sign him now and he gets an injury that keeps him out for 3-6 months?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:04 am

Lakey, I was on here at that time telling everyone from late May that Bellamy was coming, it took over 2 months for the deal to be completed, I agree let's be patient.

I am told Craig has turned down West Ham and that he will turn down QPR, the funding is in place and Craig is coming home.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 am

carlccfc wrote:

Lakey, I was on here at that time telling everyone from late May that Bellamy was coming, it took over 2 months for the deal to be completed, I agree let's be patient.

I am told Craig has turned down West Ham and that he will turn down QPR, the funding is in place and Craig is coming home.

Good enough for me and after watching MM being coy over questions about Craig I must say his demeanor left me feeling he is 100% confident Bellers will be with us next season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:19 am

I dont think he is stalling I just think he is being sensible.

At the moment he is being paid a large weekly salary by Liverpool and he has the Olympics just around the corner.

If he were to sign for CCFC now and, heaven forbid, get injured at the Olympics he would find himself not playing football and with a salary of around £30k per week. If he were to get injured, whilst still on Liverpools books, he would still not be playing but he would be getting a larger weekly salary - Which may go to his foundation.

Im not particularly worried. Craig is an excellent player and one I want back here. If we have to wait a few weeks then so be it.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:21 am

Like I said, I cant see Brenda letting Bellamy go to QPR on a freebie. You can throw in as much as you like on wages but to release him to another premiership club is just ridiculous talk, the deal has already been done. Why it cant be announced until after the Olympics is beyond me, maybe its to do with the press disturbing their training in Spain.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:32 am

If QPR offer Bellamy 60 to 80,000 quid a week over three years, he'd be stupid to turn that down, imo.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 am

buckleys brewery wrote:If QPR offer Bellamy 60 to 80,000 quid a week over three years, he'd be stupid to turn that down, imo.

But he is contracted to Liverpool for another year, cant see QPR paying out a fortune for a 33yr old can you. Brenda said he let him go under certain circumstances, which is home and a player/coach role.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 am

Anyone know if Bellamy has done his coaching badges? this may be an important factor