Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenny Miller off to Houston Dynamo?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:42 pm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... mo-3235081

Cardiff City striker Kenny Miller has emerged as a transfer target for MLS side Houston Dynamo according to the Daily Express.

The 32-year old Scotland international could follow in the footsteps of former Rangers teammate Kris Boyd who joined the Portland Timbers at the beginning of the year.

Miller, who like Boyd, tried his luck in Turkey last year after a successful career in Europe but decided to return to British football with Welsh side Cardiff rather than head Stateside.

However, there are reports suggesting that the Dynamo are showing interest and could make an offer in the hope of luring him to Houston this summer.

Re: Kenny Miller off to Houston Dynamo?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Merlin wrote:http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/cardiff-striker-miller-linked-houston-dynamo-3235081

Cardiff City striker Kenny Miller has emerged as a transfer target for MLS side Houston Dynamo according to the Daily Express.

The 32-year old Scotland international could follow in the footsteps of former Rangers teammate Kris Boyd who joined the Portland Timbers at the beginning of the year.

Miller, who like Boyd, tried his luck in Turkey last year after a successful career in Europe but decided to return to British football with Welsh side Cardiff rather than head Stateside.

However, there are reports suggesting that the Dynamo are showing interest and could make an offer in the hope of luring him to Houston this summer.

Sounds credible. Thanks, Kenny and good luck, if that's the case.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 pm

let's hope so :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:05 pm

no loss :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't want miller to leave even though he didn't score enough goals and live up to expectation last season he still offers a lot for the team through his hard work and experience and will score more goals with better quality around him

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:23 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:I don't want miller to leave even though he didn't score enough goals and live up to expectation last season he still offers a lot for the team through his hard work and experience and will score more goals with better quality around him

Fair enough. I think some fans were too hard on him, but he failed here and there when we would've expected him to take the chances with ease - two of which were in the Carling Cup Final, the goal scoring chance on about 87 minutes and his penalty in the shoot out.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 pm

I like Kenny but I wouldn't really care if he left.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Id rather he stayed tbh

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Merlin wrote:http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/cardiff-striker-miller-linked-houston-dynamo-3235081

Ive been told its Portland Timbers but i cant ffind any source. :(

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Will he settle or will he get homesick again.....that's the question.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 pm

brick1964 wrote:Will he settle or will he get homesick again.....that's the question.

America is completely different to Turkey, if he goes then they must be giving him a mint. One final pay day before he finishes maybe?

I will be sorry to see him go as he gave his all for this club last season, hasn't scored enough goals but I loved his work rate.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:04 pm

nobby wrote:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SoccerBl ... Hkg0IYZqA/ :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Is there a fee?? Hard worker, good team player and wish him well but is there a fee ? ;)

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 pm

nobby wrote:
nobby wrote:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SoccerBl ... Hkg0IYZqA/ :D :ayatollah:

Maybe both then? I posted my link in the first of the thread....

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 pm

As some people on here may know I have a few " connections" stateside.....especially Houston. I have been told that enquiries have been made but the financial value of the player is at different ends of the scale currently. It may still happen of course but at this stage it is purely an speculative enquiry about a player that Houston would like, Cardiff are not desperate to sell and they both value at completely opposite ends of the transfer scale.

I would imagine that Cardiff would look for circa £2M........Houston would value at £500k max but when I say Dynamos I actually mean MLS as thet actually own the players but the clubs own the players contracts. Possible but doubtful IMHO :ayatollah:

I have heard that MLS clubs are interested in Earnie though......not sure what clubs though sorry!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:22 pm

500k for earnie maybe, but def not for kenny... it would have to be over a mil...

while i do like kenny and he does work hard, and picks some nice passes, some of his finishing is poor and u cant help think that a another could have comfortably put them away...

while i wouldnt want him to leave, i wouldnt be to gutted if it brought us a fee and we were able to find a better replacment over the height of 4ft 1! ;)

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:47 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
brick1964 wrote:Will he settle or will he get homesick again.....that's the question.

America is completely different to Turkey, if he goes then they must be giving him a mint. One final pay day before he finishes maybe?

I will be sorry to see him go as he gave his all for this club last season, hasn't scored enough goals but I loved his work rate.

No matter where you go, There you are.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Hopefully he stays and rides out his contract. I can't see Malky letting him go anyway

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:12 pm

If he goes and we keep Earnie, I will sell my season ticket. Not even exaggerating.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If he goes and we keep Earnie, I will sell my season ticket. Not even exaggerating.

easy fella,

what if he sells miller, keeps earnie and then signs someone like jordan rhodes for example......

if miller does go, he will fetch more money than earnies fee, free up alot of wages and we could bring someone in better!

agree that i would prefer to keep miller over earnie but lets see what happens.....

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If he goes and we keep Earnie, I will sell my season ticket. Not even exaggerating.

It's not that simple, if no one wants earnie we can't sell him.
Clearly MM rated miller a lot higher for obvious reasons.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:25 pm

But lets look now.
We payed 25k week for Miller who played 43 games last season.
We pay 14k week for Earnie who played 19 games last season.
Id rather the wages be made to good use.
Earnie will just sit out on the bench and collect 14k week again next season. Pay 14k week for someone who dosen't even work hard in training or even stands a chance of challenging to be in the team.
If we are going to pay 14k in this division I'd rather it go to someone who plays and is a regular in the team.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:27 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:But lets look now.
We payed 25k week for Miller who played 43 games last season.
We pay 14k week for Earnie who played 19 games last season.
Id rather the wages be made to good use.
Earnie will just sit out on the bench and collect 14k week again next season. Pay 14k week for someone who dosen't even work hard in training or even stands a chance of challenging to be in the team.
If we are going to pay 14k in this division I'd rather it go to someone who plays and is a regular in the team.

Your missing the obvious point though. This isn't footie manager where u just sell anyone u don't want.
Earnie has a contract and to let him go we would need someone to match his wages.
It nothing to do with who people would rather its if we can get rid of earnie or not.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 pm

It will be tough to find a team who will match his wages. League 1 team would have him but wont match his wages. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:37 am

Kenny had a thankless task last season with the formation Malky was playing him in last season. No help whatsoever and Turner lumping balls up to him on his own with 2 x 6ft 3" lump of defenders behind him and the midfield miles away. I think he can do a job and score goals played the right way. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 am

Agreed, Miller had a very good first half of the season but run out of gas for the second half and a lot of this was the fact that he was playing alone up front and was running around continually. He is clearly not the tallest of strikers and the tactics of 'hoofing' the ball down field aimlessly did not help. In fairness to Miller he did not stop running and gave 100% even though he lost his goal touch. His set up work was good. If he does stay at the club he needs support up top and more creativity in order for him to score more goals.:ayatollah:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 am

Personally I would leave Miller and Earnie go (both good strikers in their day - but not any more) that would free up £39,000 a week, that £2 million per annum plus any fees we get for them. If we could offload it would be good business.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 am

The league cup final was a prime example of Kenny Miller at Cardiff City.

He was brilliant, ran his socks off. Kept their defenders under pressure, held
the ball up brilliantly when he did get it... else we could have ended up on the
wrong side of a thrashing.

But he should have won us that game. Definitely. His finishing let us down

Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:24 am

glad to see him go.

he may well be a team player who makes runs and creates space for others but when it comes to what he gets paid for, scoring goals, he is useless. time and time again last season he let us down in front of goal.
every week i buy a lottery ticket, sometimes i win a tenner but i have never won the jackpot, it's the same with miller, he does the hard work but never hits the jackpot.

sell him, even if we get a quid, and get someone who can score goals when he gets the chance.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Don't get me wrong if we get £1m-£2m at his age then let him go and release a big wage. But his job was thankless last season due to Malkys tactics. He can't do the same again with this Slovenian guy....Malky has to play 2 out and out strikers. Will be fairly pathetic if MM starts the negative shit off the same way as we finished the last 4 months of last season. :?