Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Danny Gabbidon or Roger Johnson

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Both are fans favourites but with one would you have back ?

Roger is know 29 and when he left us he went from a hero at Birmingham City to a horror show at Wolves but I think the most important thing is to remember that he was one of our best player, and never really got settled at Wolves ! He is still 6ft 3in tall and if he where to come back and hit the long term form he had with us in the past then I could see him starting over Hudson any day, even though Hudson did do well last year !

Danny Gabbidon well what a career he's had we all remember him from his 6 years a City and has always wanted to come back ! Standing at 5ft 10in tall and losing his pace I don't think he could keep up with the tough phyical battle of the Championship and I think that is way Malky is bringing in young players ! Me, I think he is past it know :( but will always be a fans favourite !

Re: Danny Gabbidon or Roger Johnson

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Rumour is that RJ has a drink problem now hasn't he.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:10 pm

I would take Gabbs as a back up for center half and left back. He has bags of experience and seems to be over his injuries now. He could be valuable to step in for injuries and his attitude would fit in well with Malkies squad.

Johnson is now the better player but has a real attitude problem which was highlighted at the end of his time with us, at Brum and Wolves where he upset virtually everyone at the club, manager, players, staff and fans !! He wouldn't fit in with Malkies "all for one" philosophy and therefore we shouldn't touch him with a barge pole :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Neither, thanks.

Both were quality players, in their day, but their day has gone.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Neither, thanks.

Spot on.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

Spot on.

how can you say roger johnsons days have gone hes 29?!? he had a bad season last year thats it, he still a quality cb!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:31 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Spot on.

how can you say roger johnsons days have gone hes 29?!? he had a bad season last year thats it, he still a quality cb!

It's not about his age.

Do you think he'd be an asset to the current team, or a hindrance? I'm talking about on and off the pitch, as they both matter, as proven before with CCFC, particularly the season prior to Malky arriving.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Spot on.

It's not about his age.

Do you think he'd be an asset to the current team, or a hindrance? I'm talking about on and off the pitch, as they both matter, as proven before with CCFC, particularly the season prior to Malky arriving.

i reckon if johnson come back wed see the player that left us, yeah i do agree hes gone awol at wolves mind, needs to leave that club dont think hel be right again until he leaves.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:20 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Spot on.

It's not about his age.

i reckon if johnson come back wed see the player that left us, yeah i do agree hes gone awol at wolves mind, needs to leave that club dont think hel be right again until he leaves.

Mate, if he's reformed, I'd take him back now. I thought he was a superb player for us.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:24 pm

JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:Both are fans favourites but with one would you have back ?

Roger is know 29 and when he left us he went from a hero at Birmingham City to a horror show at Wolves but I think the most important thing is to remember that he was one of our best player, and never really got settled at Wolves ! He is still 6ft 3in tall and if he where to come back and hit the long term form he had with us in the past then I could see him starting over Hudson any day, even though Hudson did do well last year !

Danny Gabbidon well what a career he's had we all remember him from his 6 years a City and has always wanted to come back ! Standing at 5ft 10in tall and losing his pace I don't think he could keep up with the tough phyical battle of the Championship and I think that is way Malky is bringing in young players ! Me, I think he is past it know :( but will always be a fans favourite !

Well that's no great achievement keeping your own height. :?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:Both are fans favourites but with one would you have back ?

Well that's no great achievement keeping your own height. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 pm

It's a fact some footballer's get smaller as they get older ! Duhh ! Just like normal people
Just stating facts ! :lol: