Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tommy Smith , DJ Campbell and Rob Hulse

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:31 pm

All left out of QPR's squad to tour of Asia. Surplus to requirements by the looks. Malky has been pursuing Smith for a while - will strengthen our squad for sure. He would be a much better option than Liam Lawrence and a good role model for Kadeem Harris to learn from :ayatollah:

Re: Tommy Smith , DJ Campbell and Rob Hulse

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:41 pm

ihatealiens wrote:All left out of QPR's squad to tour of Asia. Surplus to requirements by the looks. Malky has been pursuing Smith for a while - will strengthen our squad for sure. He would be a much better option than Liam Lawrence and a good role model for Kadeem Harris to learn from :ayatollah:

Much prefer to see Smith here than Lawrence.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:49 pm

was talking to a QPR fan last night on twitter regarding Bellamy, Smith and rebranding!... he said they're trying to offload Smith as he's surplus, said he's got a brilliant footballing mind, best on Left or Right of midfield, quite pacy (not the fastest) but rarely gets injured! thats just what we need, he also said we could easily get him on a wage under £20k!... regarding Bellamy he said most fans don't want him, they don't like him!

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Would prefer Smith over Lawrence.

Think DJ Campbell could do a job here, too.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:43 pm

i honestly think we can do better than rejects from a low premiership side who have seen better days
im glad malky is looking on the continent and also recruiting youngsters like jordan mutch

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:54 pm

englishbluebird wrote:i honestly think we can do better than rejects from a low premiership side who have seen better days
im glad malky is looking on the continent and also recruiting youngsters like jordan mutch

What this fella said.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:59 pm

IF we get bellers then campbell for me isnt needed, never seen this new kid we'ved signed upfront play, but if he is an on the shoulder player then along with bellers (who can do us up top and out wide) we are top heavy on pace and scorers. Possibly Hulse to hold the ball up, but would need to be on averages wages within the squad, Tommy Smiths better than Lawrence for me as i guess they are on about the same wages since lawrence was on crazy pompy wages