Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I do hope that MM still gets a 'BIG MAN' upfront

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:15 pm

Just to give us that option as Rudy clearly isnt the answer IMO

Re: I do hope that MM still gets a 'BIG MAN' upfront

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Finding it harder to be negative? Or that MM isn't being backed?

A 'big man' up front is essentially why British football is in the stone age compared to everywhere else (way to perpetuate the problem AM) if we get one, good. But it depends on how MM wants to play.

Why people advocate punting the ball long, then complain when that happens i'll never know.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm

RFMH wrote:Finding it harder to be negative? Or that MM isn't being backed?

A 'big man' up front is essentially why British football is in the stone age compared to everywhere else (way to perpetuate the problem AM) if we get one, good. But it depends on how MM wants to play.

Why people advocate punting the ball long, then complain when that happens i'll never know.

Stop talking nonsense theres still room in the modern game for a big man upfront and its not exlusive to British football. Ibrahimovic, Mario Gomes, Benzema. Theres 3 straight off the bat who are excelling in modern football.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Get Craig in, and he's more likely to play it on the floor. Whitts can play it brilliantly on the deck, as can Gunnar. If Malky can tell Huds and Turner to keep it down we don't need a 'big man' up front. Velikonja is pretty quick so Whitts has a nice target for his through balls

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Of course we need a big man FFS

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm

CantonJack wrote:Get Craig in, and he's more likely to play it on the floor. Whitts can play it brilliantly on the deck, as can Gunnar. If Malky can tell Huds and Turner to keep it down we don't need a 'big man' up front. Velikonja is pretty quick so Whitts has a nice target for his through balls

Its about having different options. As AM said Rudy is not the answer.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 pm

CP76 wrote:

Stop talking nonsense theres still room in the modern game for a big man upfront and its not exlusive to British football. Ibrahimovic, Mario Gomes, Benzema. Theres 3 straight off the bat who are excelling in modern football.

Fair dos they can all actually play football better than most big men that the british system has been producing.

But we had Jay, then boo'd him out of the club. We have Rudy (<100 professional games of football) "not good enough" our shite fan base doesn't seem to take to big men very well either :P

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Angry Man wrote:Of course we need a big man FFS

Clearly some deep seeded psychological issues there.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 pm

RFMH wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Fair dos they can all actually play football better than most big men that the british system has been producing.

But we had Jay, then boo'd him out of the club. We have Rudy (<100 professional games of football) "not good enough" our shite fan base doesn't seem to take to big men very well either :P

Jay was disliked by the minority, anyone with half a footballing braincell knew he was our top man, and did the business more often than not.

As for Rudy, its nothing to do with his height, I dislike him because he simply cannot play football. You at least need to be able to control the football at this level.

The proof is there that most decent teams have a 6 foot plus option - Just take this countries top 5 last year - Balotelli, Wellbeck, Van Persie, Adeybayor, Drogba.

In the Championship we had Ricky Lambert, Jason Roberts and Carlton Cole all doing the business for the promoted teams.

Im not saying lump it up to them hoofball style, but it doesnt make sense not to have that big man option that AM is reffering to.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:34 pm

RFMH wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Do you really think that the prospect of playing in the premiership and better wages didn't turn his head. After he had his England call-up he never played to the same standard at all!!! :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Angry Man wrote:
RFMH wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Do you really think that the prospect of playing in the premiership and better wages didn't turn his head. After he had his England call-up he never played to the same standard at all!!! :lol:

Well seeing he got injured for 2 months not long after hisw call up its hardly surprising :roll: He still scored a number of goals after he come back from injury. Including the best goal at the CCS yet against QPR.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44 pm

CP76 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
RFMH wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Well seeing he got injured for 2 months not long after hisw call up its hardly surprising :roll: He still scored a number of goals after he come back from injury. Including the best goal at the CCS yet against QPR.

People don't give Jay anywhere near enough credit for the job he did for us. yes, he was occasionally lazy and frustrating to watch as he sat on his arse, but on his day, the defences in this league couldn't live with him.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
RFMH wrote:
CP76 wrote:

People don't give Jay anywhere near enough credit for the job he did for us. yes, he was occasionally lazy and frustrating to watch as he sat on his arse, but on his day, the defences in this league couldn't live with him.

I dont think he helped himself because he was on the floor so much.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:56 pm

RFMH wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Of course we need a big man FFS

Clearly some deep seeded psychological issues there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Agree with you Angry Man, Gestede is awful.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Height would be useful but it's just as important they have good ability to hold up the ball.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Angry Man wrote:Just to give us that option as Rudy clearly isnt the answer IMO

Did Rudy play in the two games you seen last season. :lol: :lol: